IGNORED

Is the U.S. the "Great Whore of Babylon"?

Not of the World

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.85
  • Days Won:  1

I've heard some say that it's the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) but I believe that the depraved U.S. culture (Godless, abortion, same-sex relationships, pedophilia, transgenderism, etc.) has a greater and more evil influence upon the world.  

But perhaps I'm misunderstanding the verses.  What are your thoughts, please?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Not of the World said:

I've heard some say that it's the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) but I believe that the depraved U.S. culture (Godless, abortion, same-sex relationships, pedophilia, transgenderism, etc.) has a greater and more evil influence upon the world.  

The United States is not the Whore of Babylon. The United States is not in the book of Revelation.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Not of the World said:

I believe Mystery Babylon spoken of in Rev 18 is NYC.

Rev 18 says MB is a 'great' merchant CITY that has seaports and does business with the entire world and reigns over the kings of the earth.  The word 'great city' refers to 'mega city' in greek.  NYC is the world's largest mega city and is the wealthiest exporter and importer of goods of all cities in the world.  NYC has been dubbed the "Captial of the World" due to trade alliances and diplomacy with the world.  NYC also is the home of United Nations HQ which reigns over the kings of the earth.  MB is said to be responsible for the blood of the prophets and saints, therefore people assume this is referring to Jews and therefore Jerusalem, but did you know the NYC has more Jews living there than any other city in the world.  Jerusalem is not a merchant city much less a "mega" city and also has no seaports.  Also says MB will be destroyed and will never shine a light in her again nor the voice of the bridegroom be ever heard in her again. No light nor bridegroom. If this is referring to Jerusalem being destroyed this poses a huge problem if Messiah is coming back to rule from Jerusalem when He is the Light of the Nations and He is also called the Bridegroom.  MB is described as a proud Queen (Statue of Liberty) who sits upon the waters, who says I will never see sorrow, and represents many people and nationalities.  NYC is the melting pot of the world, with the world's largest mix of nationalities and ethnicities. Jerusalem has been conquered many times and has seen many sorrows and does sit upon the waters and does not represent many nationalities.  This MB was a mystery city, meaning a city that had not been revealed to John...Jerusalem or Rome was no mystery to John during his day.

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0

To add another potential candidate to the list.

Many have speculated upon the identity of the whore of babylon being modern day china.

All the nations have drunkc the wine

of the passion of her immorality.

The kings of the earth were immoral with her,

and the merchants of the earth have grown wealthy

from the extravagance of her luxury.

-Revelation 18:3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,218
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Rev 18:24
24 "And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints and of all who have been slain on the earth."
NASB

I personally don't see how this can be laid at the feet of New York City.

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.53
  • Days Won:  12

6 hours ago, Not of the World said:

I'd suggest a book - "Romanism and the Reformation from the Standpoint of Prophecy", by H. Grattan Guinness.  I think you can find it free online, or buy it in printed form.

Essentially, Roman Catholicism is the continuation of the religious element of the pagan Roman Empire.  It is paganism, disguised as Christianity; and the Jesuits are behind much of the organised wickedness in the world today.

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

The Great Whore is not a person.....or a place/nation.

It's an evil system, seductive and including ungodly religious ideas/teachings, that the Anti-Christ will control. It's a spiritual construct, but pushes idolatry in the flesh and will be responsible for the torment and destruction of many saints.

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.70
  • Days Won:  149

Ancient mystery Babylon is referred to as a 'she'. The other 'she' we read about elsewhere is the great whore dressed in red and purple who rides atop the beast drunk with the blood of the saints.

I see mystery Babylon as an ancient pagan religious system, that in Revelation 18 is also tied to a geographical place or is representative of certain geography. These religions are mainly out of the limelight and by their very nature secretive. The religions follow bloodlines who are some of the wealthiest families on the planet. These families control a whole network of causes and organizations all going for the same goals. These are the goals of Satan. "Mystery Babylon" really isn't as much of a mystery if we study what it is. What and how they are doing what they do might be a mystery for now. The final intent is not. Most of the time we can see what 'she' is doing by looking at world events and politics. Mystery Babylon is a bit of a misnomer since God is fully aware of all of it.

The concentration of wealth is with these people who have a mind to install the anti christ. The ports she has could be ports all over the world since she is really covering the whole world with tentacles that reach all around the world into trading ports everywhere. Just as likely though she could have a home base and this is what Rev.18 is referring to, even though her reach is world wide. 

Mystery Babylon is hidden in the basement of the Vatican and displayed in symbols all over everything they do. I have no doubt, at the very least, the RCC is a key player, and at the very worst, is the leader of the pack in terms of establishing a one world religion in cahoots with a one world government.

I don't think the RCC is alone in all of this, but probably a main instigator of it all. Much in Rev 18 has to do with trade and commerce which was apparently successful before she is destroyed. I see it all a one HUGE web all working together. Look at the CCP, add religion to it and you have the NWO.

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,218
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

How many individual people do you know that would agree with those things being OK?  It's all over the news all the time, but really how many people really agree with those things?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.70
  • Days Won:  149

And it's interesting that many mainstream religious bodies are also pushing some of these things. For this reason I don't necessarily see a separation between them.