IGNORED

How much are Christians to do to receive a Reward?

Vine Abider

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

I had no problem with opening it in Firefox.  It did not open in the first window, but opened in it's own window instead.  I saved it to my desktop and will get to it when I am able. 

To be honest, I don't worry about rewards.  If I do spend eternity with God, then He can have any reward He has for me as just being with Him will be more than enough, and more then I deserve.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,979
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

32 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I had no problem with opening it in Firefox.  It did not open in the first window, but opened in it's own window instead.  I saved it to my desktop and will get to it when I am able. 

To be honest, I don't worry about rewards.  If I do spend eternity with God, then He can have any reward He has for me as just being with Him will be more than enough, and more then I deserve.

Without get into the why some approach the rewards of being faithful in some other way that it is supposed to be...

The rewards of the good and faithful servant can be seen as a copy cat from the parable of the good steward in the passage in the New Testament and in the narrative in the book of Acts in the narrative of Philip...

Philip followed the call of the Spirit and as he was blindfolded he found himself in this specific part on that dessert road, still he did not know what was all about, but he knew that he was there on the mission of the Holy Spirit....and he was patiently waiting for what it would have been the next step.  

So he was faithful witnessing to the one man, to this very particular one man, to whom perhaps the culture under the Law had prohibitions in it's place...because he was a Enuch.  

What happened at the end it was the Enuch who was guiding Philip into baptizing him in the name of Jesus. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,575
  • Content Per Day:  6.00
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

47 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Glad you could open and save it!  Regarding worrying about rewards . . . to me it's a matter of faithfulness.  The message is there is one thing required by the Lord - faithfulness in a few things.  Otherwise there will be a loss suffered. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Glad you could open and save it!  Regarding worrying about rewards . . . to me it's a matter of faithfulness.  The message is there is one thing required by the Lord - faithfulness in a few things.  Otherwise there will be a loss suffered. 

Not in the case of Philip who was faithful in the one man to bring the Gospel to the Enuch and the Holy Spirit after giving him the Enuch he took him from village to village in Judea, the Holy Spirit gave him as a reward the villages of Judea..and then Philip found himself facing Samaria the forbidden city and the Spirit gave him as a reward the city and the whole region of Samaria...

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

31 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

I think you missed my point about rewards, but I may be wrong about this.  My focus is not on "what I can receive", but rather obedience and faithfulness. I'm sure Jesus will reward those who deserve rewards and everyone will be grateful, but to me, rewards is not the reason why.  I say this because it is in the nature of man to put themselves first, as in, "What do I get out of this?".  See what I'm saying? 

As for suffering loss, there will be those who do suffer loss.  In fact, I'd be 100% shocked if the is one person who does not suffer a loss, or losses.  Still, they will remained saved.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

@Your closest friendnt @OneLight @Not me @Selah7 @missmuffet @Sower @Dennis1209 @grahampaul @Raven @TrueFollowerOfChrist @JohnR7 @Space_Karen @AdHoc @Ray12614 @Marathoner @other one 

To all the ones who posted on this thread at least once, I thought to give you the paper I was compelled to write about the topic of the Lord wanting us to just be faithful in a few things.  I hope you enjoy it and are encouraged greatly by it!

Of course, let me know any questions or comments you may have.  The Lord and grace is with your spirit!

Bema - Faithful in a Few.pdfUnavailable

I also couldn't see the attachment.  It said it wasn't there ( had been removed ).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Content Per Day:  12.30
  • Days Won:  31

In the end it's about what Charles Wesley said when he wrote about casting crowns before Him:

"...Changed from glory into glory,
till in heav’n we take our place,
till we cast our crowns before thee,
lost in wonder, love and praise."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,575
  • Content Per Day:  6.00
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

8 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

I also couldn't see the attachment.  It said it wasn't there ( had been removed ).

I see it in the post you quoted.  I'll do it again on this reply (below).  A few others said they were able to download it.

Bema - Faithful in a Few.pdf

1 hour ago, farouk said:

In the end it's about what Charles Wesley said when he wrote about casting crowns before Him:

"...Changed from glory into glory,
till in heav’n we take our place,
till we cast our crowns before thee,
lost in wonder, love and praise."

I will never speak those words as they are not in my advantage. 

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Content Per Day:  12.30
  • Days Won:  31

Just now, Your closest friendnt said:

I will never speak those words as they are not in my advantage. 

We do need to acknowledge that the Lamb of God is all worthy, Revelation 5.12.

• Praise God! 1