George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

i am so very sorry and shocked to hear about Omegaman has died. but he has gone to be with the Lord so much better a place

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,222
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Just saw the notice: So sorry to hear this.

My sincere condolences to Omegamans family.

Praise God Omegaman loved the Lord Christ Jesus.

Absent from the body, present with the Lord.

2 Corinthians 5:8

“We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

condolence rose and candle.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  10,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

Words have returned now, so I'll share how our brother inspired me while I've been here on Worthy. 

Omegaman's sense of humor was delightful to engage with. Who else would know that oyster custard is actually a thing? I threw that out there without realizing that there is such a thing! When I shared how I enjoy blazing hot chiles on the forum, I was not expecting our brother to respond in kind; he relished them just as much as I do. 

His gentleness and restraint were a godly exhortation for me to walk in the same, remembering that none of us are perfect while we sojourn on this earth. His kindness remains with me and always will.

There's nothing wrong with grieving the passing of one beloved by the Lord. Don't feel ashamed because I've been through this more than once. We remember them, we miss them, and there's no shame in this. None at all. 

Like you all, I'm so glad that Omegaman's suffering in this world is finished. We will see him again one day. :)  

Edited by Marathoner
typo
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,208
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

:deadthread:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,208
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

I have to repeat it again :deadthread:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

It always ticked off Omega when I told him I am pan-trib, that it will all pan out in the end.  Hey, when we have the Lord with us, all things work together for good.  He gives us grace in time of need and not before.  Our God is so good.  It is a matter of trusting Him.  Omega just couldn't understand my faith and thought I was being flip.  It is the only thing I can remember him getting angry about.  Now maybe he understands, now that he is with Jesus.

Omega was a great teacher and the Holy Spirit used him on many occasions to open my eyes to the truth.   I can't imagine Worthy without him, or life without him.  I hope he will have a great reunion with Fresno Joe, Nigel and so many others that have helped to shape Worthy.  

It is a reminder that we all need to treasure each other here.

Since I was diagnosed with CHF around the time that he was I understood some of what he was enduring and on many occasions prayed intensely for his relief.  Relief came, but not in the way I selfishly had hoped.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Its hard to convey, what I have experienced since news of Om passing over, but I will try. This is to point to the Lord's amazing Grace and Love and what He did for us.

Many times over the recent months, the Lord woke me up in the middle of the night to pray for him. I suppose because we had grown somewhat close. Anyway--he has been much on my mind and got my wife praying for him also.

Anyway, I found myself thinking about him finishing his race and being with the Lord and rejoicing all the more in a very real way, for all that the Lord has for OM. The Lord used this to make Himself more real to me and my heart rejoices in that and for OM.

Clear as mud--but a very real thing. He purchased OM at great cost and somehow, it is as thought OM and I are rejoicing together.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

46 minutes ago, Willa said:

It always ticked off Omega when I told him I am pan-trib, that it will all pan out in the end.  Hey, when we have the Lord with us, all things work together for good.  He gives us grace in time of need and not before.  Our God is so good.  It is a matter of trusting Him.  Omega just couldn't understand my faith and thought I was being flip.  It is the only thing I can remember him getting angry about.  Now maybe he understands, now that he is with Jesus.

Omega was a great teacher and the Holy Spirit used him on many occasions to open my eyes to the truth.   I can't imagine Worthy without him, or life without him.  I hope he will have a great reunion with Fresno Joe, Nigel and so many others that have helped to shape Worthy.  

It is a reminder that we all need to treasure each other here.

Since I was diagnosed with CHF around the time that he was I understood some of what he was enduring and on many occasions prayed intensely for his relief.  Relief came, but not in the way I selfishly had hoped.

Sorry about your illness also, @Willa. So what is CHF ? (pardon my ignorance...)