kenny2212

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

It is my belief that there's an undisclosed period of time between verses 1 and 2 of Genesis Chapter 1.

Genesis 1:1-5 (NKJV) - 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

God doesn't have need of an outside light source for God himself is light.

1 John 1:5 (NKJV) - This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.

So what's the darkness referred to in Genesis 1:2? The darkness is Evil. Evil energies.

This Light that God calls forth dispels these evil energies.

Luke 11:34 (KJV) - The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is EVIL, thy body also is full of DARKNESS.

Genesis 1:5 (NKJV) - God called the light Day, and the DARKNESS He called NIGHT. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

Matthew 13:25 (NLT) - But that NIGHT as the workers slept, his ENEMY came and planted weeds among the wheat, then slipped away.

Evil works mostly at night.

Edited by kenny2212

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,724
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"It is my belief that there's an undisclosed period of time between verses 1 and 2 of Genesis Chapter 1."

Leaving a Gap?

• Well Said! 1

6 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

"It is my belief that there's an undisclosed period of time between verses 1 and 2 of Genesis Chapter 1."

Leaving a Gap?

Yes.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,724
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Theoretically speaking, eh. Okay, have any  canopy cover tumbling theories to go along with it? They are all quite interesting to peek at and ponder for a bit. Replenishes the voids of my mind I guess.

Anyway I enjoy them all;  including those of the great pyramid and it's reveals of God's memorializing of all He has created. Seems it is quite the calendar, surveyor's  mark, and testimony of history, plus prophecy; but I digress.

Please go on; this brings back memories of happy hours within many a family time conversation with brethren in our Lord and savior Yeshua, discussing the what if's,  the I believes,  or I concludes.

The rusty old file cabinet of my mind could use a little lubrication and refiling of it's contents. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Theoretically speaking, eh. Okay, have any  canopy cover tumbling theories to go along with it? They are all quite interesting to peek at and ponder for a bit. Replenishes the voids of the mind I guess. Anyway I enjoy them all  including those of the great pyramid and it's reveals of God's organization of all he has created. seems it is quite the calendar, surveyor's  mark, and testimony of history, plus prophecy; but I digress.

Please go on; this brings back memories of happy hours within many a family time conversation with brethren in our Lord and savior Yeshua, discussing the what if's, and the I believes,  or I concludes. The rusty old file cabinet of my mind could use a little lubrication and refiling of it's contents. 

Nothing much. I just wrote what I felt God told me. I could be wrong. What does it matter if I'm wrong? I'm just human and have a beginning, God doesn't.

Isaiah 42:8 (NKJV) - God said - I am the LORD, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another, Nor My praise to carved images.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  11

Could it be …

that between the first and second verses of Genesis, something happened that caused the planet, which had been made beautiful and perfect, to become void and desolate? :)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It's kind of uplifting to see you all thinking this.    I've been called a heretic for saying so among some of the older members here.

I'm not sure how one would justify that to someone who had been to seminary school though.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,071
  • Content Per Day:  3.30

I think the evidence of this "undisclosed time" is overwhelming. One of the Victorian era students who is highly regarded is G.H. Pember. He wrote a book that deals in part with this. You might be able to get this book online now as it might be be public domain. It is called "Earth's Earliest Ages". I find his arguments mostly unassailable.

I'll just give one short one. @Selah7 has alluded to it already. Scripture tells us that God is not the author of confusion. He thus created the earth in perfect order and beautiful. What happened in verse 2 ended in "tohu-bohu" - the Hebrew for chaos. It was not God. Added to this, the grammar supports this because the word "was" is archaic English for "became". And "became" means "it was not so in the beginning". Added to this, we see from Noah's time that covering the earth with water is typical of God covering a festering mess. The "deep" is a sure sign of God's judgment on evil or chaos.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,506
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

@kenny2212  are you saying that God just showed this to you and you had no prior knowledge of it?

This subject is actually in the process of being discussed over on the "Reconciling 6 Days with 13.7 Billion Years" thread in the Science & Faith section.  (However, that thread's tread may be wearing a bit now . . .)

Here's something I posted over there related to this:

So let's maybe redirect things a bit and look at one word in Genesis 1:2.  "The earth was formless and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters."  The meaning in Strong's for the 3rd word "was" (h1961) is this: "To exist, i.e. Be or become, come to pass."  Therefore some would say that "became" can be inserted, as "The earth became formless and void . . ."

Then the quote below explains the words translated as "formless" and "void."

From here: https://lifehopeandtruth.com/bible/blog/the-earth-becomes-without-form-and-void-part-1/

The second verse of Genesis introduces us to the condition of the earth at some point after the creation. Most read this verse and assume that it describes the state of the earth as God originally created it in verse 1. This idea would have us believe that God created a world completely in darkness without any substance and order. The words “without form” and “void” are translations of the Hebrew words tohu and bohu. Tohu and bohu are often paired together in the Old Testament and portray a “place of chaos, formlessness, emptiness, a wasteland” (Brown-Driver-Briggs Lexicon).

The idea that God created the earth as the wasteland of darkness described in this verse contradicts God’s nature and character revealed elsewhere in the Bible. Deuteronomy 32:4 shows us that God’s “work is perfect.” In 1 Corinthians 14:33 Paul tells us that “God is not the author of confusion.” In 1 John 1:5 John reveals that “God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.”

Perfection and a complete lack of confusion and darkness define God and everything that God directly creates. This is the opposite of the state of tohu and bohu we find in Genesis 1:2. In fact, Isaiah wrote authoritatively that God “did not create it [earth] in vain [tohu], who formed it to be inhabited” (Isaiah 45:18).

This is the basis of the Gap Theory (or Ruin & Reconstruction) from my understanding.

Edited by Vine Abider
Clarity

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,091
  • Content Per Day:  1.11

I could tell you about "The Light"