• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/13/2023 at 3:14 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi AlsoBroken,

That was very, very cruel and extremely painful. I will pray for you in this. The Lord knows what it is to be `wounded in the house of His brethren. ` Absolutely a deep wound and yes, we tend to want to punish that person/s. However, we know that God is the judge and we have to leave it with Him.

And you are so right, that in our own strength we can`t forgive, and as you said, only the Holy Spirit can do that. So, now because you are having those painful feelings, I suggest you by an act of your will, reach into your heart, and offer them up to the Lord. I often do an enactment as it helps to walk through the painful process. You could place your hands on your heart and enact taking those revengeful, bitter feelings & attitudes and lift them up to the Lord. Pray and repent for taking on those feelings & attitudes. Then ask for forgiveness and a cleansing of the heart.

When the enemy tries get you to think on those feelings again, just say, "I have given them to the Lord." We need to `battle,` those wrong thoughts of the enemy. That is for us to overcome.  

praying, Marilyn.

❤️ Thank you Marilyn. Very good words. I don’t feel anger or bitterness toward her anymore, just the deep pain of her  rejection. And have been bewildered. (I don’t understand because I could never just “dump” a close friend, much less a sister in Christ, unless they turned mean and were suddenly abusive, which hasn’t been the case.)

I’ll be grieving this for awhile longer I’m sure.  With God’s help, I have come to see that her rejection of me is not about me. It’s about where her own mind and heart are. Nothing I have control over. I was too naive and trusted that we’d always be close friends, without question. And it hurts to realize I was too trusting.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, AlsoBroken said:

❤️ Thank you Marilyn. Very good words. I don’t feel anger or bitterness toward her anymore, just the deep pain of her  rejection. And have been bewildered. (I don’t understand because I could never just “dump” a close friend, much less a sister in Christ, unless they turned mean and were suddenly abusive, which hasn’t been the case.)

I’ll be grieving this for awhile longer I’m sure.  With God’s help, I have come to see that her rejection of me is not about me. It’s about where her own mind and heart are. Nothing I have control over. I was too naive and trusted that we’d always be close friends, without question. And it hurts to realize I was too trusting.  

Sad, but a life lesson. That person has their own troubles as you said. Glad you don`t feel anger or bitterness anymore. So, it`s the pain that is left of being betrayed & also of not understanding why. I would still repent of all that, as we do by an act of our will take on these feelings and attitudes. Thus, it is still an act of our will to repent and give them to the Lord. 

I am pressing this point as the enemy can still get you, (us) to carry stuff we shouldn`t. You said `I`ll be grieving this for awhile longer.` Remember it is the Lord who took our griefs and our sorrows, (Isa. 53: 4)

praying Marilyn. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Junior Member

Hmm…

Edited by AlsoBroken
Because I couldn’t find “delete”

On 1/14/2023 at 8:45 PM, Marilyn C said:

Sad, but a life lesson. That person has their own troubles as you said. Glad you don`t feel anger or bitterness anymore. So, it`s the pain that is left of being betrayed & also of not understanding why. I would still repent of all that, as we do by an act of our will take on these feelings and attitudes. Thus, it is still an act of our will to repent and give them to the Lord. 

I am pressing this point as the enemy can still get you, (us) to carry stuff we shouldn`t. You said `I`ll be grieving this for awhile longer.` Remember it is the Lord who took our griefs and our sorrows, (Isa. 53: 4)

praying Marilyn. 

Marilyn, I don’t agree. True grief from the painful loss of someone we cherished is not sinful nor needs to be repented. I still feel grief over my first husband who was tragically killed over 35 years ago, leaving my babies fatherless. And over my oldest child who I haven’t heard from in 5 years. Most people who put a time limit on Grief have never lost a close loved one. Yes, Jesus’s bore our griefs and sorrows (and healed or diseases) but the reality is that we feel and live with these, often until we die and go Home.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, AlsoBroken said:

Marilyn, I don’t agree. True grief from the painful loss of someone we cherished is not sinful nor needs to be repented. I still feel grief over my first husband who was tragically killed over 35 years ago, leaving my babies fatherless. And over my oldest child who I haven’t heard from in 5 years. Most people who put a time limit on Grief have never lost a close loved one. Yes, Jesus’s bore our griefs and sorrows (and healed or diseases) but the reality is that we feel and live with these, often until we die and go Home.

Hi AlsoBroken,

Sorry if you thought I said you had to repent of grief. I actually said - anger or bitterness. Later on I talked about grief and giving that to the Lord, (not repenting) as He took those Himself. I see that it means we are not overcome by grief but yes we do miss our loved ones. 

Hope that clears that up, I do not want to cause you more pain than you have already endured. 

Marilyn. 

8 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi AlsoBroken,

Sorry if you thought I said you had to repent of grief. I actually said - anger or bitterness. Later on I talked about grief and giving that to the Lord, (not repenting) as He took those Himself. I see that it means we are not overcome by grief but yes we do miss our loved ones. 

Hope that clears that up, I do not want to cause you more pain than you have already endured. 

Marilyn. 

That’s not what you said at first but it’s okay. No hard feelings here. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/5/2023 at 4:24 AM, Debp said:

It's always so important to be kind.   We never know how hurting someone might be.   Offer a kind word...if possible, try to help the person in some way.

default_thumbsup.gif.8653cac5e944be9e9a7e293cdd1f4a85.gif

quote;

"Be kind.    Everyone we meet is fighting a battle, we know nothing about"

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

On 1/21/2023 at 2:45 PM, AlsoBroken said:

@AlsoBroken I love Isaiah 48.10: "I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction". Not that we must supposedly avoid affliction at all cost, but rather than in the midst of it we may know the Lord's grace and mercy and peace, as the objects of His eternal love in Christ.

1 minute ago, farouk said:

@AlsoBroken I love Isaiah 48.10: "I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction". Not that we must supposedly avoid affliction at all cost, but rather than in the midst of it we may know the Lord's grace and mercy and peace, as the objects of His eternal love in Christ.

Thank you for that verse. It happens I really need it today. ❤️🩹🙏🏼

• Thumbs Up 1

Isaiah 48:10 New Living Translation: 

have refined you, but not as silver is refined.

Rather, I have refined you in the furnace of suffering.