IGNORED

And now for something completely different…

Mije

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/28/1967

Lyrics to ACDC’s Highway to Hell:

Goin' down 
Party time 
My friends are gonna be there too, yeah

I'm on the highway to hell 
On the highway to hell 
Highway to hell 

Have you ever heard this sentiment from people in your circles?

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,378
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

I've heard this (or similar) a few times.

It lacks logical consistency. The concept of hell in the west comes from the Bible. The Bible teaches that hell is a place of torment and distress. It is therefore inconsistent to appeal to 'hell', while at the same time describing hell as a "party".

It is also logically self-defeating in the sense that the author is trying to be 'hardcore' in saying they are going to hell, yet if hell is just a "party", it's not really all-that hardcore to go there.

- Though I suspect the intended audience doesn't think all that deeply about such things.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  03/28/1967

I hear that! I listened to that song for years banging my head to it before becoming a believer and I never even thought about it except how ‘cool’ it was.  It popped up in my stream recently and I checked out the lyrics and was amazed at what I was believing in back then- without even knowing what it meant!

I wonder how much unbelief is foisted on people by the enemy without their even knowing it.

• Well Said! 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,413
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Yeah, I've heard it before, often in the context of people making it as a casual remark. Just one of those thing where people are speaking out of ignorance and unbelief, and if you apply it to dangerous worldly things it highlights how off target it is. Going to party at the freshly exploded nuclear waste dump with all my friends...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,108
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

1 hour ago, Mije said:

Goin' down 
Party time 

On the highway to hell 
Highway to hell 

Yes I have heard this sentiment because they don't have a clue as to the seriousness of their situation.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,671
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

41 minutes ago, Mije said:

wonder how much unbelief is foisted on people by the enemy without their even knowing it.

Interesting, and a good question, -if one can put an answer to use I suppose. Otherwise like it belief in God, the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, can be a bit of a so what too, can it not be?

It becomes an "if that is all there is my friends let's keep dancing". Could be a sad thing or, depending upon what the dance is about, a joyous way of sojourning.

As as start to my own thoughts, I'd "think" first to say that man does not need the diversion of Satan nor his minions in order to reject God and God's will for man. I'd start with the thought that man is in his resistance to God from the beginning in the womb suffering his own strong delusion. (Note: To think is not to study in the word necessarily, but instead is a starting  thought to work , and work against.)

I need prepare myself for worship  and services this day in 2 Corinthians. So  maybe I can join in this subject later on. It will be interesting for me anyway to see how it develops.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  11

48 minutes ago, Mije said:

I wonder how much unbelief is foisted on people by the enemy without their even knowing it.

And why didn’t people know it?  because they didn’t think it important to study God’s Word; they had no knowledge and were/will be deceived.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge …

- Hosea 4:6 (KJV)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,234
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Mije said:

Goin' down 
Party time 

On the highway to hell 
Highway to hell 

More than one or two, but the one that sticks in my mind was from a woman who was a follower of Satan.  She practiced black witchcraft and was completely sold out to Satan.    When asked she would tell you that in her darkest moment she reached out to everyone and everything....   Christians would not give her a helping hand, neither physically or spiritually and none of the churches she creid out to nor to God himself.....    It was the devil/lucifer/satan that came to her rescue mentally/spiritually/physically.

She knew who Satan was and knew where he was ultimately going to end, but she was going to follow him to hell because it seemed he was the only one that cared about her.

Was the only conversation I ever had with a lost person that I can remember that made me cry.

My brother in law was a drug trafficker at one time and got himself so messed up he didn't know which way to turn.  One Friday night he was at his mental and spiritual end and realized he needed help and tried to contact all kinds of churches and christian ministries.  At 2:00 AM on a Saturday morning he walked into a catholic church and there was a priest there that brought him into the knowledge of who Jesus was/is and what he needed to do to find him.

Ended up being more of a Baptist than a Catholic, but he is a very dedicated believer and has a huge testimony.

but I wonder if he would have just killed himself had it not been for that Catholic Priest.      And I cried because no one was there for that witch when she cried out for helps also...   Would the devil have been there for my brother in law of that Catholic Church had been locked.......                    What does it say about her and what does it say about the Christian world.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.53
  • Days Won:  12

2 hours ago, Mije said:

Goin' down 
Party time 

On the highway to hell 
Highway to hell 

I've heard that view, but only very occasionally.

If I recall correctly, AC/DC stands for "Anti-Christ/Devil's Children", so it's unsurprising if the devil has deceived them into thinking hell will be party time.  It's one of the devil's great deceptions, along with the lie that he's not real.

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Interesting, and a good question, -if one can put an answer to use I suppose. Otherwise like it belief in God, the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, can be a bit of a so what too, can it not be?

It becomes an "if that is all there is my friends let's keep dancing". Could be a sad thing or, depending upon what the dance is about, a joyous way of sojourning.

As as start to my own thoughts, I'd "think" first to say that man does not need the diversion of Satan nor his minions in order to reject God and God's will for man. I'd start with the thought that man is in his resistance to God from the beginning in the womb suffering his own strong delusion. (Note: To think is not to study in the word necessarily, but instead is a starting  thought to work , and work against.)

I need prepare myself for worship  and services this day in 2 Corinthians. So  maybe I can join in this subject later on. It will be interesting for me anyway to see how it develops.

Am I misunderstanding you? Are you saying belief in the Trinity of God is a so what, not a big deal, not important?

• Thanks 1