• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  11

3 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, No one learns by only considering what they already believe to be so.  Doing that is to suffer  cognitive dissonance. It i sthe Holy Spirit that drives one to take make effort to learn the word and to build up knowledge useable in discerning what is the lead of God the Holy Spirit in serving as a soldier of Yeshua to the glory Of God the father, as compared to what is instead self deception, or a heresy  being taught as Paul spent so much time and energy in his warnings to the churches. of which what is recorded has been inspired by God for the reading by all that will make effort to learn.

Amen.  What an honor it is to study the Bible and with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, to understand it.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,570
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 minutes ago, Selah7 said:

with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, to understand it.  

An excellent and necessary emphasis! (For without the Holy Spirit's specific call and then guidance an individual human just does not have ability to properly understand the word of God).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.13
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

14 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, No servnt learns by only considering what they already believe to be so.  Doing that is to suffer  cognitive dissonance. It is the Holy Spirit that drives one to take make effort to learn the word and to build up knowledge useable in discerning what is the lead of God the Holy Spirit in serving as a soldier of Yeshua's army to the glory of God the father, as compared to what is instead self deception, or a heresy  being taught as Paul spent so much time and energy in his warnings to the churches. of which what is recorded has been inspired by God for the reading by all that will make effort to learn.

After a lifetime of faithful service, the King comes to know his servant as a friend. The life of a servant

provides the heart of humility necessary to receive the gifts of the Spirit, and the indwelling Life of the Son.

In this the Father is well pleased.

Luke 22:27 For who is greater, he who sits at the table, or he who serves? 

Is it not he who sits at the table?

Yet I am among you as the One who serves.

Matthew 10:

24 A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master. 

25 It is enough for a disciple that he be like his teacher, and a servant like his master.

If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more 

will they call those of his household! 

26 Therefore do not fear them. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed,

and hidden that will not be known.

Luke 17:

9 Does he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him?

I think not

10 So likewise you, when you have done all those things which you are commanded,

say, ‘We are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do.’ 

Matthew 25:21 His lord said to him, Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful

over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.

Many apply worldly ambition to the Walk of a Saint and try to take on what was not ordained

by their Master, and in so doing will receive disapproval rather than commendation.

"His yoke is easy, and His burden is light".

Matthew 7:23 And then I will declare to them,

I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  11

Wait a minute, wait a minute …

A servant can be a student of God’s Word and a student of God’s Word can be a servant. A28D719B-2B44-4F1F-B8F2-05445E1E53C3.gif.4cebdd14c45622feef7ec2de80aa7c35.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Selah7 said:

Wait a minute, wait a minute …

A servant can be a student of God’s Word and a student of God’s Word can be a servant. A28D719B-2B44-4F1F-B8F2-05445E1E53C3.gif.4cebdd14c45622feef7ec2de80aa7c35.gif

Clearly both are required! A student of God's Word MUST be a servant.

Mark 9:35 And He sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, 

If anyone desires to be first, he shall be last of all and servant of all.

• Well Said! 1

47 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

After a lifetime of faithful service, the King comes to know his servant as a friend. The life of a servant

provides the heart of humility necessary to receive the gifts of the Spirit, and the indwelling Life of the Son.

Don't know if I find concurrence with what appears to be the emphasis in that statement.

See https://readingacts.com/2012/04/30/john-1514-17-friends-of-jesus/

( Perhaps I am an exception) For on a very personal level, I was almost instantly enlightened and turned about by the Holy Spirit. My life to that point had nothing in common with  the life of a servant.Certainly not a servant of my Lord and Savior Yeshua.

I rejected Yeshua, as I rejected the Father, right up to the moment the Holy Spirit, of whom I knew nothing,  said you ( me) are wrong, turn about, do so now.

I wanted to debate. was told now no debate, now or never. And with that, I was turned about, pretty much in a twinkling of an eye's time.

My gift, among  maybe some others,  became one of "helps". In that role I was placed so often as a second banana (Pushing on a rope was the way I saw it), in doing what the Holy Spirit had there for me to  "help" get done, and then the Holy Spirit moving me on to other places to do it all over again.

My own service, my own faith leading?  I don't think that was the case. Instead it was in spite of my lack of faith and lack of service. God uses the foolish things....

God has an awesome sense of humor- maybe it is mostly Shakespearean humor; but  it sure does get funny along the way!

Praise God, his mercy from everlasting to everlasting.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

Just now, Neighbor said:

Don't know if I find concurrence with what appears to be the emphasis in that statement.

( Perhaps I am an exception) For on a very personal level, I was almost instantly enlightened and turned about by the Holy Spirit. My life to that point had nothing in common with  the life of a servant; and certainly not a servant of my Lord and Savior Yeshua.

I rejected Yeshua, as I rejected the Father, right up to the moment the Holy Spirit, of whom I knew nothing,  said you ( me) are wrong, turn about, do so now.

I wanted to debate. was told now no debate, now or never. And with that, I was turned about, pretty much in a twinkling of an eye's time.

My gift, among  maybe some others,  became one of "helps". In that role I was placed so often as a second banana (Pushing on a rope was the way I saw it), in doing what the Holy Spirit had there for me to  "help" get done, and then the Holy Spirit moving me on to other places to do it all over again.

My own service, my own faith leading?  I don't think that was the case. Instead it was in spite of my lack of faith and lack of service. God uses the foolish things....

God has an awesome sense of humor- maybe it is mostly Shakespearean humor; but  it sure does get funny along the way!

Praise God, his mercy from everlasting to everlasting.

• Loved it! 1

29 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

( Perhaps I am an exception) For on a very personal level, I was almost instantly enlightened and turned about by the Holy Spirit. My life to that point had nothing in common with  the life of a servant.Certainly not a servant of my Lord and Savior Yeshua.

John 13-17 is the Lord's final night with His disciples/apostles and His Words here are directed towards those who had remained faithful through many an ordeal. 

Luke 22:28 “But you are those who have continued with Me in My trials."

If He says "I no longer call you servant" implies that they had been faithful to be called friend.

This is exactly as stated.

1 hour ago, Mr. M said:

The fact that the Lord was able to make that determination in significantly less

time is a testimony to the Truth that with the Lord, one year is as a thousand.

29 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Sounds to me that the Holy Spirit kept you on the path of faith and service without your acknowledgement. :)

Ministry of helps is definitely a servant's role, even if to your mind you were just "keeping busy" while you "figured things out".

One thing is for certain, the Holy Spirit does have an amazing sense of humor,

to go with a patient sense of Purpose that we often lack. 

It is a good and healthy thing that we can laugh at ourselves,

and Praise the Lord for HIS faithfulness, not ours.

Edited by Mr. M
spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  252
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/11/1957

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, No servnt learns by only considering what they already believe to be so.  Doing that is to suffer  cognitive dissonance. It is the Holy Spirit that drives one to take make effort to learn the word and to build up knowledge useable in discerning what is the lead of God the Holy Spirit in serving as a soldier of Yeshua's army to the glory of God the father, as compared to what is instead self deception, or a heresy  being taught as Paul spent so much time and energy in his warnings to the churches. of which what is recorded has been inspired by God for the reading by all that will make effort to learn.

I agree but we learn obedience through suffering and in this age, humbleness to the point of servitude would be GREAT suffering for some !

We must be fully armoured in the whole of God's Holy writ but let us not forget to still humble ourselves into washing the brethern's feet.....Jesus did

• Well Said! 1