IGNORED

What if one Morning we all Woke Up & no more Divisions?

Vine Abider

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 minute ago, Vine Abider said:

How does killing "all the bad guys" help the ekklesia with practicing oneness?

I'm just looking at what The Bible says happens when he comes back....   and this aint gonna happen till he comes back.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,063
  • Content Per Day:  3.30
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Agree with the definition of heresies that you are bringing out.  But see if you get a sense from this passage that Paul might have been exercising a bit of what I call old fashioned Jewish sarcasm there, to make a point:

1Co 11:17-19

Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.

For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.

For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

I get a sense that cliques/sects were forming when they gathered together as a church, and like all cliques they would have had ringleaders ("they which are approved" only by their followers or clique members, heh).  We shouldn't divide and form cliques or sects over either petty disagreements or due to being 'respecters of persons'. ( Like where Paul corrected those who were dividing over leaders..."One says I follow Paul, or I follow Apollos, etc.)

Very good. I hadn't seen that angle before. Thanks for the insight.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  310
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

5 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

The idea is what if we just dropped all that divisive, nonsensical fringe stuff?  (although I know own own "stuff" is no where near nonsensical or fringe :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:)

there's the rub...'who would determine what is the 'divisive, nonsensical fringe stuff'?

Edited by chesed

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,235
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

13 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Well thanks for that question, Marilyn, and a good question indeed!

I've hit the topic of what is core essentials of the faith a number of times with others (including on this and other forums).  Let see how simple we can make this:

1. God was manifested in the flesh in Jesus Christ 

2. Christ lived as a man, was crucified, resurrected, ascended to heaven and will return

3. His blood atoned for the sins of all mankind

4. Salvation is through faith in Christ alone & we must personally accept Him and his salvation to be saved

We may think other things could or should be added, and I may even think of something additional later . . . but really, much beyond these essentials, what more do we need to have oneness and free-flowing fellowship with each other?

Hi VA,

I certainly agree with all of those points. And as we are in the `unity of the Spirit ` by the Holy Spirit when we are saved, then it really is only our carnal nature that is hindering such fellowship.

Then of course,...........for us to grow we need..........................?????

Hope you like questions to stimulate the topic, VA.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,328
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

What can I say, @Vine Abider? There is no other way than to speak plainly, so let the scripture speak first.

This is what the Lord says: “Let no wise man boast of his wisdom, nor let the mighty man boast of his might, nor a rich man boast of his riches; but let the one who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the Lord who exercises mercy, justice, and righteousness on the earth; for I delight in these things,” declares the Lord. (Jeremiah 9:23-24 NASB)

For consider your calling, brothers and sisters, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the insignificant things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, so that no human may boast before God. But it is due to Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, so that, just as it is written: “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.” (1 Corinthians 1:26-31 NASB)

By our testimony, then, we boast of the mercy of the Lord toward us. If we are boastful regarding anything else, then we are boasting about ourselves. There is no love of God in this flesh so just as we boast in the Lord, let us bear the burdens of one another and in this way, we walk together in the unity of Jesus Christ. In Christ, we are one. Not this flesh, but the Son of God Himself. 

What are disagreements anyway? Bitter roots that sprout into divisions and schisms. Cast them aside and dwell upon that which is good, lovely, and worthwhile. I don't have to agree with you about every little thing to dwell upon that which is worthwhile, right? Yes! It's just our opinion on a given matter and when it comes to scriptural matters, everyone here ought to know that the Lord teaches us one step at a time. I didn't know what I learned today 10 years ago. 30 years ago, I didn't believe it was possible to know the Lord. 

I was wrong. Just so none of us will have an occasion to glorify this flesh, the Lord in His mercy saw fit to keep us lowly and humble while we labor in the harvest field. We see as through a glass darkly, knowing only in part. Let the scripture finish what is said: 

This is what the Lord of armies, the God of Israel says: “Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices and eat flesh. For I did not speak to your fathers, or command them on the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings and sacrifices. But this is what I commanded them, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you will be My people; and you shall walk entirely in the way which I command you, so that it may go well for you.’" (Jeremiah 7:21-23 NASB)

We listen for His voice. That's what we do! :) 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,495
  • Content Per Day:  6.15
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

11 hours ago, chesed said:

there's the rub...'who would determine what is the 'divisive, nonsensical fringe stuff'?

That's why we need to know what are the things which comprise the core essentials of the faith.

10 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi VA,

I certainly agree with all of those points. And as we are in the `unity of the Spirit ` by the Holy Spirit when we are saved, then it really is only our carnal nature that is hindering such fellowship.

Then of course,...........for us to grow we need..........................?????

Hope you like questions to stimulate the topic, VA.

Marilyn.

Not following you here . . . what does growth have to do with the oneness of the faith?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  310
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

4 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

That's why we need to know what are the things which comprise the core essentials of the faith.

That begs the question and kicks the can down the road...

Again, who will determine what are the 'core essentials of the faith'?

9 minutes ago, chesed said:

That begs the question and kicks the can down the road...

Again, who will determine what are the 'core essentials of the faith'?

Why don't you give it a shot!? :emot-nod:  I suggest no more than maybe 5 main items.

Edited by Vine Abider

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Praise God great thought yet "what if" if is doubting. Since we don't run with speculation this is a fallen world where Satan is god of.  Growing up around in, always hearing about Indian culture? Said that to say within Christ body there are way to many Chiefs not enough Indians. Its like that here  in this forum. The song is truth if we want to be great in Gods kingdom learn to be the servant of all. A preacher.. very very dear friend had cancer was dying said "I always gave God the glory but I want to keep 10%".  Just thinking know.. knowing him for what over 30y treated me like a son part of his family yet no one knew this about him or other things. Never think you know some "great good preacher" just because you believe know they are the real thing.

So as He has and does we look into the age to come. Why are we hear now? What was "And He answered, “Why did you have to look for Me? Did you not know that I had to be in My Father’s house?" One could say be about my Fathers work. For me truth every time I think about us being together its to praise to worship Him... everything for Him..the rest will always follow.