IGNORED

A simple question .......... or maybe not.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.88
  • Days Won:  1

A few years ago the question was posed to me, by whom or under what circumstances I do not remember, but it was amazingly one that I found myself answering (to myself) with ease.

The question:  If you were to have a Moses style personal meeting with God and allowed to ask him one, and only one, question, what would it be?

I know my answer but don't wish to profess it, but wonder how others would answer. 

What would be your question to God be?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

5 hours ago, FJK said:

A few years ago the question was posed to me, by whom or under what circumstances I do not remember, but it was amazingly one that I found myself answering (to myself) with ease.

The question:  If you were to have a Moses style personal meeting with God and allowed to ask him one, and only one, question, what would it be?

I know my answer but don't wish to profess it, but wonder how others would answer. 

I would ask Him, "Why am I allowed only one question?"

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Why me?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, FJK said:

Your refusal to answer your own question peaks my curiosity. But for my own question, there is definitely only one thing I would ask. Is my salvation secure and my place in Heaven certain? I hate to admit it, but if I knew the 100% certainty of this, my life would be dramatically different. Unfortunately I have allowed fear to control many things. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.88
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Your refusal to answer your own question peaks my curiosity.

Sorry, I should have explained a bit.  I really don't want to unintentionally influence the answers of others or the direction those answers take by giving my own answer first.  I'm really interested in how others would answer for themselves without me injecting my thoughts into them first.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62

2 hours ago, FJK said:

Sorry, I should have explained a bit.  I really don't want to unintentionally influence the answers of others or the direction those answers take by giving my own answer first.  I'm really interested in how others would answer for themselves without me injecting my thoughts into them first.

I understand that. What you are asking though is simply an opinion question. There is no right or wrong answer. I'm sure some people will have similar answers, but that doesn't mean they are copying each other. Just my two cents. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

I would ask, "Why?"

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

This one for me is hard. I think back to how He answers things. Like "tell me you love me as much as you do him". To that His answers was a tree full of branches so many and says "Show me a branch that was not originally of the vine. I am the vine you are the branches". Point being the answer is never what I thought it would be. Always end up with "didn't you read my book". 

Trying to say lol I don't know what to ask because and forgive me please.. we have Him in side us. There is nothing He is keeping from us. All we have to do is ask and He will tell us. Granted one thing I prayed about He answered but it was 15 years later. Seems for GOD time is not the same there as it is here haha.

Like Michael one question? One leads to two and off we go

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

how about, are we there yet!.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Depends on the limits to what can be asked. If I can ask for wisdom, that is like multiple questions being answered for life. If that is a no go, then where is the rod of Aaron in longitude and latitude? Ask that one wrong, could just be told that it is in the Ark. If that is another no can do, then would God write, " I Love You" from shoulder to shoulder across my back. That would just be epic; bad day just pat a shoulder and instant great day.