IGNORED

Mental disorders vs. demon possession...

CaptWalker

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.46
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

4 minutes ago, other one said:

Might i make a note to everyone.   The idea of web boards like this is to express and share ideas with each other.   it really doesn't matter if you leave out a letter or two for words that are not socially acceptable.   You have passed the thought on to everyone who sees it.

When one does that the mods are going to gang up and hide the post so people won't see those kinds of thoughts coming through Worthy.  We have been tasked with doing that, so please don't be upset with us when it happens.

Well said. i agree. Please continue to post here at Worthy.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,519
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/5/2023 at 5:39 PM, CaptWalker said:

This was probably asked before but not sure how recently, which is why does it only mention Jesus casting out demons/evil spirits and never says anything about him healing anyone who was simply insane or with a severe mental illness? So wouild that mean that many of the more severe conditions were/are actually initiated or influenced by evil spirits? Not to say such people werent around back then.

Which leads to another question which is should we ever try laying hands on someone with such a condition or just leave them alone. Actually i think we should if given the chance but that's the problem, since im not even sure if most mental institutions or facilities simply dont allow any "clergy" members to come in and do that kind of thing? 

I may be totally off base in my thinking, as I have zero qualifications, but I have thoughts and opinions, right or wrong. We do not fight against flesh and blood but the principalities and powers of darkness. The following is a list of what demons do:

There are no mentions of necromancy, lunatics, demons, unclean spirits, or evil spirits before Noah’s flood. When Jesus walked the earth, demons were a big problem possessing people and animals. Jesus and the apostles probably exorcised many more legions than recorded. I have no reason to think the problem is any better today; however, I suspect it is much worse.

Most people today know secular science, therapy, and medicine are based on evolution theory. There is no God, therefore, no Satan, demons, evil, or fallen angels.

I have watched many prison documentaries and interviews with convicted heinous evil criminals. With many of them, the only word that comes to mind to describe them is “possessed.” In prison, their bodies, conduct, and minds are attempted to be controlled by drugs, experimenting with what works best and adjusting. It is all classified as mental illness and behavioral disorders.

Even if secular medicine and therapists believed in demonic possession, how would they diagnose mental illness from demonic possession and treat it?

Can we imagine the field day NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, and the liberals would have if someone started exorcising demons as part of medical and rehabilitation treatments?  

Even if such a program were established and successful, that void would have to be filled with the Holy Spirit to prevent a reoccurrence along with their many buddies:

Matthew 12:44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

As far as I know, the Catholic Church is the only denomination that has a division dealing with exorcism. If accepted, there are stringent protocols, and every other physical and mental possibility must be professionally ruled out before their intervention.

It is said an exorcism can do more harm than good if they have a mental illness. If the person levitates, starts speaking in Latin, or knows things about someone they have no way of knowing, I suppose that is a dead giveaway.

As I mentioned, these are just some of my thoughts.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.31
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.84
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,238
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 5/5/2023 at 4:39 PM, CaptWalker said:

This was probably asked before but not sure how recently, which is why does it only mention Jesus casting out demons/evil spirits and never says anything about him healing anyone who was simply insane or with a severe mental illness? So wouild that mean that many of the more severe conditions were/are actually initiated or influenced by evil spirits? Not to say such people werent around back then.

Which leads to another question which is should we ever try laying hands on someone with such a condition or just leave them alone. Actually i think we should if given the chance but that's the problem, since im not even sure if most mental institutions or facilities simply dont allow any "clergy" members to come in and do that kind of thing? 

The only way one is going to know this is by the sweet holy Spirit.. that means being filled according to luke 11 13.  All sickness comes from the enemy aka the fall but some like all of us get sick in our body and the mind can get sick and is not always some evil spirit...oh but He gave us all power all authority over the enemy we cast out demons we speak with new tongues and we lay hands on the sick and they recover. Like our bothers Peter and John after the man was healed said "that name faith in that name healed him"

Short story.. elderly man in a home could only moan but loved it when I read or played the bible to him. One day just reading the word talking to God I said "you gave me this burden for him so I have a right to know why he is not being healed". HAHA He said "remember when Daniel prayed". Every time I remember this I SO PRAY I could tell you how those words just oooh like exploded. How He said so much with just four words. Anyway I said ok if this is you where is that written? See I knew the story.. He said Daniel 10:9-12. See I had never read the OT at that time. But ALL this to get to this part. He said Satan had built a hedge around him and a simple pray will not work. 

At no point did He say it was a spirit. What we need to know is by His strips we were healed. We need to.. pray and stay there till we know get that peace its done. But many of US do not want to pay the price. 

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, TheBlade said:

The only way one is going to know this is by the sweet holy Spirit.. that means being filled according to luke 11 13.  All sickness comes from the enemy aka the fall but some like all of us get sick in our body and the mind can get sick and is not always some evil spirit...oh but He gave us all power all authority over the enemy we cast out demons we speak with new tongues and we lay hands on the sick and they recover. Like our bothers Peter and John after the man was healed said "that name faith in that name healed him"

Short story.. elderly man in a home could only moan but loved it when I read or played the bible to him. One day just reading the word talking to God I said "you gave me this burden for him so I have a right to know why he is not being healed". HAHA He said "remember when Daniel prayed". Every time I remember this I SO PRAY I could tell you how those words just oooh like exploded. How He said so much with just four words. Anyway I said ok if this is you where is that written? See I knew the story.. He said Daniel 10:9-12. See I had never read the OT at that time. But ALL this to get to this part. He said Satan had built a hedge around him and a simple pray will not work. 

At no point did He say it was a spirit. What we need to know is by His strips we were healed. We need to.. pray and stay there till we know get that peace its done. But many of US do not want to pay the price. 

22 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I may be totally off base in my thinking, as I have zero qualifications, but I have thoughts and opinions, right or wrong. We do not fight against flesh and blood but the principalities and powers of darkness. The following is a list of what demons do:

There are no mentions of necromancy, lunatics, demons, unclean spirits, or evil spirits before Noah’s flood. When Jesus walked the earth, demons were a big problem possessing people and animals. Jesus and the apostles probably exorcised many more legions than recorded. I have no reason to think the problem is any better today; however, I suspect it is much worse.

Most people today know secular science, therapy, and medicine are based on evolution theory. There is no God, therefore, no Satan, demons, evil, or fallen angels.

I have watched many prison documentaries and interviews with convicted heinous evil criminals. With many of them, the only word that comes to mind to describe them is “possessed.” In prison, their bodies, conduct, and minds are attempted to be controlled by drugs, experimenting with what works best and adjusting. It is all classified as mental illness and behavioral disorders.

Even if secular medicine and therapists believed in demonic possession, how would they diagnose mental illness from demonic possession and treat it?

Can we imagine the field day NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, and the liberals would have if someone started exorcising demons as part of medical and rehabilitation treatments?  

Even if such a program were established and successful, that void would have to be filled with the Holy Spirit to prevent a reoccurrence along with their many buddies:

Matthew 12:44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

As far as I know, the Catholic Church is the only denomination that has a division dealing with exorcism. If accepted, there are stringent protocols, and every other physical and mental possibility must be professionally ruled out before their intervention.

It is said an exorcism can do more harm than good if they have a mental illness. If the person levitates, starts speaking in Latin, or knows things about someone they have no way of knowing, I suppose that is a dead giveaway.

As I mentioned, these are just some of my thoughts.

Morning Dennis,

Can you please me what you wrote here send to my email as I like to print it out for reference? What you said is all true and we have to realize we're in a spiritual war and have to wear our armor everyday and to be very alert as the days are evil ( God is showing us also so many beautiful thing,thank You Lord) we have to prepare our self and realize who we fight against and who our enemy is. Did you ever watch "The unseen realm" from Michael Heisser (eye opener).

Back to my sourbread on the kitchen counter,I'm so thankful we can do those beautiful arts of making bread....

Have a good day brother ,Jesus is coming soon!

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,519
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

43 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Morning Dennis,

Can you please me what you wrote here send to my email as I like to print it out for reference? What you said is all true and we have to realize we're in a spiritual war and have to wear our armor everyday and to be very alert as the days are evil ( God is showing us also so many beautiful thing,thank You Lord) we have to prepare our self and realize who we fight against and who our enemy is. Did you ever watch "The unseen realm" from Michael Heisser (eye opener).

Back to my sourbread on the kitchen counter,I'm so thankful we can do those beautiful arts of making bread....

Have a good day brother ,Jesus is coming soon!

I studied the late Dr. Heiser and viewed many of his YouTube videos. I also have all of his books and will PM you a copy of my notes.

I loves me freshly baked sour bread; lucky you. 😊 I have to settle for working on my farm implements today, refreshing my stiffness and soreness LOL.

On that note, I bought a bread maker many years ago that I have not used for years. A while back, I wanted to make some fresh bread. The groceries around here no longer sell the bread-making kits in a box to make your own bread.

I checked online and found some places to order them from. WOW, they are 10x the cost of purchasing a loaf of bread, and I am too lazy to make it all from flour and scratch.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

All I can really say for sure about this subject is that if you are one who believes that almost every mental illness is related to and caused by some human or natural disorder/abnormality, then I would say that maybe you are just not wanting to deal with something or not trusting that God can completely heal you and anyone else who believes from such a condition. Or maybe it's just that you simply put way too much trust and faith in the health/medical industry as a whole...which is just not that healthy(pun intended).