• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, AdHoc said:

But you have built a case for His leaving again to take up a position in heaven with us sitting i His Throne in "the highest". Now, I don't claim to know every implication and nuance of every scripture, but the plain language of all the verses you have proffered, says nothing of the Lord Jesus ascending again after His glorious return.

Psalm 47, which is the only scripture that might allude to this is a Psalm of David that he wrote after the joyous occasion of bringing the Ark of the Covenant from Obed-Edom to Jerusalem. Since the Bible gives Jerusalem a "high" place, scripture speaks of "going up to Jerusalem" e.g. 1st Ki.12:27. Since God had promised to sit between the Cherubim on the Mercy Seat, the Psalmist could rightfully say "God is gone up". But there is no talk of heaven, only of ruling the Nations.

Ps. 47 is clearly when the Lord is `king over all the earth,` and `reigns over the nations.` That is shown in Rev. 11: 15 when it is proclaimed that the `kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ.` 

Nothing to do with David bringing up the ark.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

2 hours ago, AdHoc said:

To sit in someone's throne shows that you wield the authority of the PERSON whose throne it is without being that person. It is not a matter of geography, but a matter of authority to manage the king's affairs. This is the promise of Christ. We get to sit in His Throne, but the practical result is  in Matthew 24.

46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods

You don't actually sit in Christ's throne drinking alcohol-free wine with 150 million other Christians. You continue managing Christ's domain with His authority backing you.

I submit then that there is no case for sojourn away from our cities (Lk.19:17-19). There is no case for Christ's return to heaven since His Father rules there. There is no case for our return to heaven after so glorious a return to earth after the Bema in the clouds Jude 14, 1st Thess.3:13, 4:14 etc).

That He comes with angels is not disputed. But it seriously looks like they stay on earth. Otherwise how could we, who are on earth, judge them (1st Cor.6:3)

We agree that sitting on a throne means rule and authority. Now God the Father has appointed His Son to the highest realm, on the heavenly Mount Zion, as I wrote. 

There is a hierarchy of authority in God`s great kingdom and Jesus is at the supreme highest. To try and bring Him down to `His footstool,` is unscriptural and even demeaning.

As for Luke 19: 17 - 19 that is not for the Body of Christ. That revelation was NOT revealed then, but to Paul later on. It will be those of Israel who will rule over cities on the earth in the millennium.

There are NO scriptures to show that we, the B/C and the angels will be on the earth. You have never proved that. 

7 hours ago, AdHoc said:

You don't actually sit in Christ's throne drinking alcohol-free wine with 150 million other Christians. You continue managing Christ's domain with His authority backing you.

That is quite uncalled for - making fun of ruling and reigning in the third heaven with Christ. 

13 hours ago, AdHoc said:

That He comes with angels is not disputed. But it seriously looks like they stay on earth. Otherwise how could we, who are on earth, judge them (1st Cor.6:3)

You have never proved that we, the B/C will be on the earth. And as for judging fallen angels and the world system that happens at the end of the tribulation.

The Body of Christ is the court that judges - 

`I (Daniel) watched till thrones were put in place. And the Ancient of Days was seated; His garment was white as snow, and the hair of His head was like pure wool. His throne was a fiery flame, its wheels a burning fire; a fiery stream issued from before Him, a thousand thousands ministered to Him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him.

The court was seated. The books were opened.....

the court shall be seated, and they shall take away his (A/C) dominion, to consume it for ever. ` (Dan. 7: 9 & 10,  26)

As you can see that scene is not on the earth.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,071
  • Content Per Day:  3.30
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Ps. 47 is clearly when the Lord is `king over all the earth,` and `reigns over the nations.` That is shown in Rev. 11: 15 when it is proclaimed that the `kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ.` 

Nothing to do with David bringing up the ark.

20 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

We agree that sitting on a throne means rule and authority. Now God the Father has appointed His Son to the highest realm, on the heavenly Mount Zion, as I wrote. 

There is a hierarchy of authority in God`s great kingdom and Jesus is at the supreme highest. To try and bring Him down to `His footstool,` is unscriptural and even demeaning.

As for Luke 19: 17 - 19 that is not for the Body of Christ. That revelation was NOT revealed then, but to Paul later on. It will be those of Israel who will rule over cities on the earth in the millennium.

There are NO scriptures to show that we, the B/C and the angels will be on the earth. You have never proved that. 

15 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

That is quite uncalled for - making fun of ruling and reigning in the third heaven with Christ. 

15 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

You have never proved that we, the B/C will be on the earth. And as for judging fallen angels and the world system that happens at the end of the tribulation.

The Body of Christ is the court that judges - 

`I (Daniel) watched till thrones were put in place. And the Ancient of Days was seated; His garment was white as snow, and the hair of His head was like pure wool. His throne was a fiery flame, its wheels a burning fire; a fiery stream issued from before Him, a thousand thousands ministered to Him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him.

The court was seated. The books were opened.....

the court shall be seated, and they shall take away his (A/C) dominion, to consume it for ever. ` (Dan. 7: 9 & 10,  26)

As you can see that scene is not on the earth.

Okay. I'll leave it there. The interested reader can judge. What you found "demeaning" is the councils of God. He sent His only begotten Son to die for the "footstool" (Jn.3:16). For that which offended your sentiments, I always like to apologize. The dispute was progressing ever more seriously. I attempted, in a more light-hearted way, to show the absurdity of all the Believers who ever lived, sitting with Christ in His throne. But ... no excuses. I just plain misjudged your sense of humor.

During Christ's sojourn on earth His Name was "Emmanuel" - "God WITH us" Matt.1:23) . In Isaiah 7:14, in a prophecy to Israel, the One born to a Virgin - that is, a MAN, will have the Name Emmanuel. Either He will be WITH Israel bodily or Isaiah made a mistake. You choose

You will have to reconsider Luke 19:17-19. Two companies are in view; (i) His servants - to whom He gave Pounds, and (ii) His "Citizens who refused His Kingship. The Servants call Him "Lord" and two thirds are obedient. Even the disobedient SERVANT calls Him "Lord", acknowledging His Kingship. Both parties have a different ending. His "Citizens" are slain in His presence, but the SERVANT is only relieved of his Pound and receives no city. Ruling the Nobleman's KINGDOM is given to the "SERVANTS". Israel CANNOT EVER rule.
1. They are not born again for that takes FAITH and Romans 11 has them concluded by God as in UNBELIEF until the fullness of the Gentiles
2. The Kingdom is removed from Israel (Matt.21:43)

2 hours ago, AdHoc said:

Okay. I'll leave it there. The interested reader can judge. What you found "demeaning" is the councils of God. He sent His only begotten Son to die for the "footstool" (Jn.3:16). For that which offended your sentiments, I always like to apologize. The dispute was progressing ever more seriously. I attempted, in a more light-hearted way, to show the absurdity of all the Believers who ever lived, sitting with Christ in His throne. But ... no excuses. I just plain misjudged your sense of humor.

During Christ's sojourn on earth His Name was "Emmanuel" - "God WITH us" Matt.1:23) . In Isaiah 7:14, in a prophecy to Israel, the One born to a Virgin - that is, a MAN, will have the Name Emmanuel. Either He will be WITH Israel bodily or Isaiah made a mistake. You choose

You will have to reconsider Luke 19:17-19. Two companies are in view; (i) His servants - to whom He gave Pounds, and (ii) His "Citizens who refused His Kingship. The Servants call Him "Lord" and two thirds are obedient. Even the disobedient SERVANT calls Him "Lord", acknowledging His Kingship. Both parties have a different ending. His "Citizens" are slain in His presence, but the SERVANT is only relieved of his Pound and receives no city. Ruling the Nobleman's KINGDOM is given to the "SERVANTS". Israel CANNOT EVER rule.
1. They are not born again for that takes FAITH and Romans 11 has them concluded by God as in UNBELIEF until the fullness of the Gentiles
2. The Kingdom is removed from Israel (Matt.21:43)

You say you will leave it and then you reply with more nonsense.

You so twist what I said.

Error -You say that I found demeaning was the `councils of God.` 

Truth - What I found demeaning is your sarcastic comment about what those on Christ`s throne in the highest would be doing - Quote - ` You don't actually sit in Christ's throne drinking alcohol-free wine with 150 million other Christians.`

Christ is WITH US now and by His Holy Spirit and that is how He will be with Israel on earth.

As I keep telling you the Body of Christ revelation is NOT in the gospels and was only revealed to Paul later. Thus, Luke 19 is NOT about the Body of Christ but Israel.

And that generation is the one that didn`t receive Him. We know from scripture that Jesus will reveal Himself at the end of the trib, to those Jews in Jerusalem and they will rule in the millennium. (Zech. 12: 7 - 10)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,071
  • Content Per Day:  3.30
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

You say you will leave it and then you reply with more nonsense.

You so twist what I said.

Error -You say that I found demeaning was the `councils of God.` 

Truth - What I found demeaning is your sarcastic comment about what those on Christ`s throne in the highest would be doing - Quote - ` You don't actually sit in Christ's throne drinking alcohol-free wine with 150 million other Christians.`

Christ is WITH US now and by His Holy Spirit and that is how He will be with Israel on earth.

As I keep telling you the Body of Christ revelation is NOT in the gospels and was only revealed to Paul later. Thus, Luke 19 is NOT about the Body of Christ but Israel.

And that generation is the one that didn`t receive Him. We know from scripture that Jesus will reveal Himself at the end of the trib, to those Jews in Jerusalem and they will rule in the millennium. (Zech. 12: 7 - 10)

Your posting is read and noted.