• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.37
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Are you planning on going to Damascus, Jerusalem and throughout the coast of Judaea then to the Gentiles to tell them they should repent?

The Body of Christ will be and has been doing this, not me personally.

We all have a part to play within the Body.

9 hours ago, JohnD said:

Nope. We know how to rightly categorize the scripture (under the tutelage of the Holy Spirit who wrote the Bible).

Do you even know the scriptures that say the Holy Spirit wrote the Bible?

Actually, Jesus the Holy Spirit does not speak on His own and only speaks that which He hears from Jesus.

John 16:13,14
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come
He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Funny how the "Holy Spirit" the OSAS crowd follows sure leaves a lot of scripture out.  Weird!

There must be 2 Holy Spirits and one of them you don't capitalize his name for obvious reasons.

Edited by Stan Murff

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,884
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

54 minutes ago, Stan Murff said:

The Body of Christ will be and has been doing this, not me personally.

We all have a part to play within the Body.

You don't have to be in Damascus to do the same. I believe the word was inspired by God and none of it is in error.

Edited by BeyondET

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

8 hours ago, Stan Murff said:

So those that got saved and fell away it was God's fault because He failed to change their character?

No. The Bible is clear that our faults are our fault.

Romans chapter nine can help.

We were all made "from the same lump". Who are we to reply against God?

You can use the same lump of clay to make a drinking cup and ashtray. And each has a purpose.

One carries water. The other helps to keep filth in order, control, organized. Each goes where its contents are going.

Satan is a sewer bucket for transporting the spirit of selfishness (in Ephesians 2:2) to the flaming sewer. He is doing his job. But this evil world is a prisoner-of-war camp for holding evil here, temporarily while God saves sinners and changes us into Christ's image, then to share eternity with Him.

Then comes the flush.

All came "from the same lump". No one was superior on one's own to choose Jesus while others didn't!

Therefore, "God be thanked," we have in Romans 6:17. Paul does not say to blame God > "who are you to reply against God?", Paul says in Romans 9:20. 

Why does God exist? Why is He the One good One, as Jesus says?

There is no fault in Him. And part of His being good is He has order, separating light from darkness. And His order includes vessels of honor and of dishonor > as we can consider, through Romans 9:21. He is able to use vessels for separating and organizing evil and good.

You can use high quality stainless steel to make a milk pail and other stainless steel to make a manure bucket. You are not at fault to use resources for different useful purposes.

Why does God exist? Why does He have such order?

He desires to have many children who are pleasing to Him like His own precious Son Jesus so delights Him. This He predestined before we humans came to this earth. This basic choice was already destiny >

"For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren." (Romans 8:29)

In any case, I see how you are not likely to switch a milk pail to being a manure bucket, once you have started using it for milk.

Of course, God has done a major cleaning job in us so now we can be His vessels for honor. 

But before we trusted in Jesus > in Ephesians 1:12 > each had "The heart" "desperately wicked", "deceitful above all things" > in Jeremiah 17:9.

Do you claim that you with a sinful heart changed your own self to become humble enough to trust in Jesus? Do you trust that a deceitful and wicked heart made itself honest to honor and obey Jesus??

And how is it that equally evil people have made exact opposite choices?

The Bible says, "But God be thanked", in Romans 6:17 - - - not blamed, not at fault, but "thanked".

God alone is good, Jesus says . . . right? So, God alone has brought any of us to do what is truly good, and not just some self-willed, self-produced gesture. But in sharing with God ones can choose and do what is good in His love being shared with us.

Edited by com7fy8

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/21/2023 at 3:22 AM, Stan Murff said:

God's Word teaches sin separates us from Him.

Does it?

Romans 8:38-39
For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

But is that even the point?

The Bible also teaches:

Proverbs 16:18
Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall.

1 John 1:10
If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

John 8:7
... “He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.”

Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

The ministry of Jesus is to show grace to those held captive by sin, to set us free from bondage.

Romans 2:4
Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?

On 8/21/2023 at 3:22 AM, Stan Murff said:

It's not my judgement, but the Lord's.

Just because someone is repeating things taught in God's Word does not mean they are "judging" others.  It's meant to help other see what God has already said.

Haughty self-declarations conflating your own arguments with God's Word are meaningless. My arguments are also based on my sincere understanding of scripture.

2 Timothy 2:24-26
And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  294
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

James 2:17 states "faith WITHOUT works is dead.. therefore we must do something to be saved. John 17:3 take in knowledge, get to know our creator and conform to his will is a start.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Another way of putting it might be that works doesn't  save people, but saved people do good works.

I personally say that if a person has no works, they are not doing what Jesus instructed us to do and lied when they declared Jesus was their Lord , making of themselves a liar, and liars are not allowed into the kingdom.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Tristen said:

Does it?

If it doesn't then we are free to live in sin, and let our freak flag fly!

Many of the OSAS people claim that God cannot even see our sin at all!  All He sees is us in Him.

So, based on their teachings we can sin and Jesus has not idea we even sinned at all because they cl;aim too that all of our future sin has already been forgiven!

It's no wonder so many people are running around living in open sin claiming to be Christians which is a stumbling block to other Christians causing them to get their freak flag out and fly it too.

These are false teachers teaching that our sin does not separate us from the Lord.  The wages of sin is STILL death which is separation from God.  There's no darkness in God, so one cannot sin and still be In Christ.

This is why God's Word says we must confess and forsake our sin in order to have mercy (Proverbs 28:13, 1 John 1:9), and the reason for that is God is NOT mocked, we reap what we sow, if we sow to the flesh (sin) we SHALL reap corruption! (Gal 6:7,8)

If it's true that sin does not separate us from the Lord then those believing that have no room to tell anyone sin is wrong at all cause they are contradicting themselves when they say that!

Edited by Stan Murff

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

48 minutes ago, Stan Murff said:

If it doesn't then we are free to live in sin, and let our freak flag fly!

Many of the OSAS people claim that God cannot even see our sin at all!  All He sees is us in Him.

So, based on their teachings we can sin and Jesus has not idea we even sinned at all because they cl;aim too that all of our future sin has already been forgiven!

It's no wonder so many people are running around living in open sin claiming to be Christians which is a stumbling block to other Christians causing them to get their freak flag out and fly it too.

These are false teachers teaching that our sin does not separate us from the Lord.  The wages of sin is STILL death which is separation from God.  There's no darkness in God, so one cannot sin and still be In Christ.

This is why God's Word says we must confess and forsake our sin in order to have mercy (Proverbs 28:13, 1 John 1:9), and the reason for that is God is NOT mocked, we reap what we sow, if we sow to the flesh (sin) we SHALL reap corruption! (Gal 6:7,8)

If it's true that sin does not separate us from the Lord then those believing that have no room to tell anyone sin is wrong at all cause they are contradicting themselves when they say that!

I don't know where you are from Stan, but I truly don't know a single person that I would consider a Christian that believes we can be saved and continue sinning.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,116
  • Content Per Day:  1.42

On 8/17/2023 at 3:36 PM, Stan Murff said:
Since we are not supposed to DO anything to be saved, are there errors in the Bible?

Seems like the following verses say we should DO some stuff so shouldn't the Bible be amended and these verses removed since they are obviously false entries right?

1 John 3:7
Little children, let no man deceive you: he that DOES righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous.

1 John 1:6
If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and DO not the truth:

Acts 26:20
But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and DO works meet for repentance.

Your concept here is discombobulated at best. 

John and others are demonstrating how men of God ACT. Its that simple, its not what you have to do per se. its what a child of God WANTS DO TO. So, he demonstrates how those of God act. That way they can understand that if a man says I am a Christian (Christ like) and acts in a manner that is not Christ Like, then he's probably not a Christian at heart. If you KNOW Christ you do not go to bars, hang out with thugs, smoke dope, etc. Its common sense stuff. 

So, if we say we have fellowship with Jesus and walk in EVIL we are LIARS, its not complex stuff tbh. Here is the gist, we shouldn't think because we say I am of Christ that we really are, unless we follow Christ at heart. God knows our hearts, we can not trick God, else Jesus will say depart from me for I never knew you. 

Edited by Revelation Man