• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Ray12614 said:

I agree mercy is evident at the Bema seat of Christ. Rewards given or withheld, approved or disqualified for works done or left undone. Works done with Right attitudes or wrong attitudes. 

I will keep hoping for mercy trusting  His judgment will be fair and true. I am probably not saying this right. 

Sounds good to me, couldn't of said it better. Thanks Ray.
Amazing grace and so wonder full mercy!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,558
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

6 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

I was just talking with a brother about this, after this morning's breakfast gathering.  We were commenting that there are extreme thoughts in both directions, about what the Bema Seat could result in for a believer.  One extreme thought is that if none of their works survive, thy will receive 1,000 years outside the kingdom (outer darkness/weeping and teeth gnashing).  The other extreme is that if all this one's works are burned up, they just get burned up, yet that person receives no other consequence.

I suspect the reality is somewhere in between . . .

I suspect the "terror of the Lord" is standing before one who will actually judge ALL our works - that is really serious!  No one else in this life does that as a totality of our entire life, and He will see all of it and judge 100% righteously.  That thought can be pretty terrifying! 

The salvation work in Christ was so totally efficacious!  He paid the price for sin and thereby cleanses our vessel, so that we can then be filled with His life and become children of God!  And as His children, there is still accountability for what we do, but we never need to go back and lay that foundation again, that Christ already did. 

Our call now is to go on to maturity - grow in Christ, and do the works prepared for us since the foundation of the world.

And regarding what we might do that is "evil," I wonder too . . .  I think that perhaps the biggest evil we can do is the evil of unbelief or not trusting Him.  He called the unfaithful servant in Matthew 25 "slothful & wicked" right?  Yet, Christ has paid the price for sin, so while the actions of this unfaithful one could be called sinful, it seems to be more regarding that there was no profit (for the kingdom) with this one.

I look at this as a building.  Christ said he is building His church, and Ephesians 2:22 tells us we are being built together as a habitation of God in Spirit.  Then the passage in 1st Corinthians 3 talks about the materials we are building with.  What is profitable to the building occurs when we are seeking the building's Architect and Maker and get fresh directions* from Him about what should be constructed.  If not, we may add an entire grass hut addition to it, that will just need to be burnt down . . .

* I say "fresh directions" meaning not going off and doing something just because we think it's in the bible, but having a moment by moment leading from Him regarding what should be built and how

Fellowship with others around prayer and the Scriptures can be a really good way of starting the day................

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.54
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

I suspect the "terror of the Lord" is standing before one who will actually judge ALL our works - that is really serious!  No one else in this life does that as a totality of our entire life, and He will see all of it and judge 100% righteously.  That thought can be pretty terrifying! 

Nah, not that terrorizing if all the Lord is doing is not handing out some rewards some folks thought they had coming and if they still get to be in Heaven even if they lived like the devil during their lives and were accepted by the Lord anyway.

It's odd that some folks claim they are "terrorized" about not getting some rewards.

Makes it sound like rewards are the primary thing we are looking to gain as a Christian is as though it's all about me and what am I gonna get?

The real terror is the Lord not allowing some in to Heaven since Jesus did say "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that DOES THE WILL OF MY FATHER" (Matthew 7:21).

Jesus also said thru the Apostle James to "be ye DOERS OF THE WORD, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves" (James 1:22

Jesus apparently expects His people to DO some stuff after getting born again.

Reckon Jesus didn't get the memo from the so called reformers that salvation is by faith only??? (see James 2:14-26)

The Lord says the following thru the Apostle James:

James 2:24
Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

James 2:20
But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Apparently one is justified by faith AND by works.... and the man that believes justification is by faith only is a "vain" man.

Sounds like either Jesus is wrong or the so called reformers are wrong since they teach an partial truth and leave the part out about works leaving the door open to sinful living (license to sin).

Martin Luther was a known drunk so I can see how he would want to leave the part about works out so he could continue drinking his beloved booze which is living in sin! (see 1 Corinthians 6:9-13)

Quite the quandary here... who shall we say is in error the Lord or the reformers???  That tis the question!

Edited by Stan Murff

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,871
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

15 hours ago, Stan Murff said:

Nah, not that terrorizing if all the Lord is doing is not handing out some rewards some folks thought they had coming and if they still get to be in Heaven even if they lived like the devil during their lives and were accepted by the Lord anyway.

It's odd that some folks claim they are "terrorized" about not getting some rewards.

Makes it sound like rewards are the primary thing we are looking to gain as a Christian is as though it's all about me and what am I gonna get?

The real terror is the Lord not allowing some in to Heaven since Jesus did say "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that DOES THE WILL OF MY FATHER" (Matthew 7:21).

Jesus also said thru the Apostle James to "be ye DOERS OF THE WORD, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves" (James 1:22

Reckon Jesus didn't get the memo from the so called reformers that salvation is by faith only??? (see James 2:14-26)

Apparently one is justified by faith AND by works.... and the man that believes justification is by faith only is a "vain" man.

Sounds like either Jesus is wrong or the so called reformers are wrong since they teach an partial truth and leave the part out about works leaving the door open to sinful living (license to sin).

Martin Luther was a known drunk so I can see how he would want to leave the part about works out so he could continue drinking his beloved booze which is living in sin! (see 1 Corinthians 6:9-13)

Quite the quandary here... who shall we say is in error the Lord or the reformers???  That tis the question!

A strong post. It takes into consideration what is the will of the Father. 

The one who said no one enters the kingdom of heaven but the one who does the will of the Father is Jesus Christ who also let us know that the will of the Father is to believe in the one whom the Father has send.  

Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the one God has sends after you hear the news that he died on the Cross. The Slain Lamb of God who shed the blood of the Atonement for the forgiveness of our sins? If someone believes that, that very moment his sins are forgiven and will not be held against him at the time of his death because he died being under the blood of the Slain Lamb of God who is also the Lord of Lords and the Judge of all people, to whom everyone bows down the knee at the time of their death..everyone in his own timing because not everyone dies at the same time. 

Repentance of sins is also preached in Jesus Christ name. 

The Repentance of sins is Jesus Christ name is for everyone who believes. 

The chance is given to anyone who believes to avail himself of his sins in Jesus Christ name in his blood  while he yet lives...but only while he yet lives because there is not repentance available to anyone when he is without his body because he has died physically. 

At that time the believers sins are not held against him anymore because he is under the Grace of God, because when he died he was under the blood of the Slain Lamb of God who is also the one before he has bow down the knee waiting for his decision whether he has a place in Heaven or not. 

At that time his sins will not be held against him because they are under the Atonic blood of the Slain Lamb of God. 

Because he is in the Atonement made by the blood of the Judge who is Jesus Christ.  

***Jesus Christ also has the right to forgive our sins without us asking him before we repent. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,871
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

15 hours ago, Stan Murff said:

I agree with your comments that one of the biggest deception is what they call " the terror of the Lord" this is one of the erroneous instructions that cannot survive the fire..it is build on hay. Better though it is build on air.

Everything is beneficial while we yet live...that's when we  need the quidance and the strength in our inner man and the gifts of the Holy Spirit to show us the way.

The Holy Spirit is our counselor our teacher our guide our light...for this life not after we die. 

In this life we need the blessings of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit aka rewards. 

We need the gift of "the word of Knowledge " and the other gifts in this life...they are useful to us while we yet live. 

Revelation chapter two and three...Jesus deal with them while yet alive...during the course of their lives. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,339
  • Content Per Day:  2.77

On 9/4/2023 at 2:35 PM, FreeGrace said:

Of course I do.  The Greek word is a compound word for "change the mind".  The concept is that by changing one's mind, one will also change direction.

The prodigal son is a clear example of that.  In the pig sty, he confessed his sins, and went back to his father.

Was the son saved before he went in the pig sty?

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

On 8/30/2023 at 9:08 AM, farouk said:

@jesusandliberty Ppl who continue to live (and eventually die) practising habitual sin show that they were never true believers in the first place, whatever they might have once professed. Philippians 1.6 says: "He that hath begun a good work in you will perform it unto the day of Jesus Christ".

I don't think Philippians 1.6 is a good dividing line. .  It's writen to those who have eternal life (OSAS) He is our eternal confidence. .  if he began the good teaching work  all will pass even the slow learner like myself who wished he studied and raised his hand rather than hating teachers . I love my wife ... LOL...... I do.

He is still working in us, teaching us, guiding comforting and bringing to our memory the former things (John 14) Just as in the same way he brings into memory that of each other . .  the same family. 

It could be a warning  to those who murrur like Jonas that wanted to die thinking other were not worthy to be saved. Jesus did the will of the father with delight.

Philippians 1:6 mixed with Philippians 2: God looks upon the heart strengthening it to do the good pleasure of His will . His will is not  served by human .hands as a will 

Philippians 2:13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  4,457
  • Content Per Day:  8.12

28 minutes ago, NConly said:

FreeGrace said: 

Of course I do.  The Greek word is a compound word for "change the mind".  The concept is that by changing one's mind, one will also change direction.

The prodigal son is a clear example of that.  In the pig sty, he confessed his sins, and went back to his father.

Was the son saved before he went in the pig sty?

Good question!  Many don't believe he was, based on his behavior.  However, Jesus specifically identified the "father-son" relationship, which is clearly permanent in the human realm.  If the "Father-son" relationship in the spiritual realm wasn't permanent, why would Jesus use that for an example?  It wouldn't make sense.

The prodigal was a son at the beginning of the parable, he remained a son throughout his time "in a far country", and when he returned to his father.

Some are confused and think the parable is about salvation, and the prodigal was saved when he came back to the father.  When the father described his son as being "dead" and "lost" he was describing the son as being out of fellowship with the father.  iow, the son broke fellowship with his father.  

But, fellowship was restored when the son confessed his sin (first in the pig sty and then to his father) and repented (returned to his father).  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I'm curious as to what happens to all those pre-Christians who never knew Christ, yet had faith in God.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.54

23 minutes ago, Know Jah said:

I'm curious as to what happens to all those pre-Christians who never knew Christ, yet had faith in God.

Jesus preached to them when they were in Abraham's bosom, they believed, and Jesus led them out as born again Christians.

This is why the Bible says Jesus preached to the prisoners in hell after he left His body on the cross.  This is one of the things He was doing when He was in hell (he was not being torments by the devil like Kenneth Copeland claims)

• Well Said! 1