• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,028
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,369
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

13 hours ago, farouk said:

I do sometimes wish that those who try to dissuade others from getting vaccinated would then take responsibility for whatever illnesses are made worse in the people that they dissuaded.

( @Anne2; @Debp )

I said I got all of the previous boosters with no ill effects.

But I explained why I am not getting this particular vaccination.   As a senior citizen with mobility issues, I'm mainly in the apartment.   I don't come into contact with hardly anyone. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

No ,I see it like the flu shot .

I have had covid twice .the second time was worse as it did trigger asthma .the first It didn't .the hospital staff said that they are fully vaccinated and some had three times .

My asthma is going through a more severe phase when it does act up I have to get a treatment to end the severity of it .

It was less common than before . 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

I had my booster this week.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

No and I didn't get the other Covid shots either. I didn't see the point of it since many people I know got really sick from it. I trust in God's ability to keep me and my family safe anyways. I traveled across the country during the Covid era. I was fine.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.61
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, other one said:

I lost 12 friends to COVID-19, and none of them were vaccinated.  Half were after the vaccine came out, and they listened to folks telling them not to get vaccinated.  I don't know of anyone who has died from the vaccine, and practically everyone I know has had the vaccines.    My wife and I, in October, took our sixth, and we can't tell of any effects at all, except when we did get COVID-19 it was rather mild.

So?  You decided for yourself, isn't that what I said everybody should do?As for me, I've hot had a vaccination of any kind in well over 50 years, and I haven't caught anything for which there is a vaccine.  Being of a nature that prefers long term studies to make decisions like this, or any other health issue, I didn't take this one either and have no intention of doing so during the remaining few years or months of my life, I see no need for it.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, FJK said:

So?  You decided for yourself, isn't that what I said everybody should do?As for me, I've hot had a vaccination of any kind in well over 50 years, and I haven't caught anything for which there is a vaccine.  Being of a nature that prefers long term studies to make decisions like this, or any other health issue, I didn't take this one either and have no intention of doing so during the remaining few years or months of my life, I see no need for it.

I hope you know that you are not the norm.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.61
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, other one said:

I hope you know that you are not the norm.

If by norm you imply normal of course I'm normal, everyday I go out of my way to do things that are considered normal

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

On 12/16/2023 at 8:00 AM, farouk said:

I do sometimes wish that those who try to dissuade others from getting vaccinated would then take responsibility for whatever illnesses are made worse in the people that they dissuaded.

( @Anne2; @Debp )

So, should those who try to dissuade others (and forcibly at that) from buying guns be held responsible if those other people get shot by a criminal with a gun? 

I mean I'm all for holding the far left accountable for creating gun free zones for lunatics to go on shooting crazes.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

1 hour ago, The_Patriot21 said:

shooting crazes.

I don't see the connection between shooting crazes and Covid. Presumably one doesn't get much warning about shooting crazes, but for Covid avoidance there is medical evidence.

(But I know the anti-vacc. theme is set to run and run.....)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  10,317
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

On 12/5/2023 at 8:11 AM, Starise said:

It's ironic that our military excused many soldiers who refused the shot, and now they want them all to come back. No shot necessary. The medical field is still reeling as well from the good medical help let go because they didn't want the vaccine.This whole thing has been one great big flip flop.

I had two vaccines because at the time I trusted the information some sources were giving. I have since then changed my opinion and have no plans to ever again get any kind of a vaccine from my government who have shown themselves to be agenda driven and not citizen driven.

There's an uptick here with what seems to be the mild kind of COVID. My wife had it. I haven't caught it yet, but I pump all kinds of substances into my body because of other issues. Several of our friends had it and the winter is already beginning. To me the spread of this doesn't appear to mirror a typical seasonal flue infection.

No desire to get into a discussion about the vaccine again. Just stating my reasons. I don't trust them and I won't trust any other vaccine they put out.

That's because the armed forces have been missing their recruitment goals for several years in a row, brother. This was going on prior to the advent of COVID. They're so understaffed that the DoD is getting desperate. The relatively recent congressional blockage of Department-level promotions has also played a role in this loss of force. Department-level promotions?

Certain officer and non-commissioned officer (NCO) ranks require the approval of the respective armed forces Secretary: the Department of the Army, Department of the Air Force, et. al. The Senate Armed Services Committee wields the power to freeze Department-level promotions. Senator Tuberville was the culprit. Hence, there has been an exodus of experienced NCOs and officers as a result. 

That's why. 

Edited by Marathoner
added info