• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

56 minutes ago, Mama Etna said:

My doctor says I don't meet the requirements for it.  So nope, can't get it.  Same for the Shingles shot.

what are the requirements for a shingles shot???

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, farouk said:

@Anne2 My wife and I have had some boosters; it might be worthwhile getting more in due course.

Boosters for shingles? have not heard of it. I got my vaccine last summer. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/5/2023 at 9:11 AM, Starise said:

It's ironic that our military excused many soldiers who refused the shot, and now they want them all to come back. No shot necessary. The medical field is still reeling as well from the good medical help let go because they didn't want the vaccine.This whole thing has been one great big flip flop.

I had two vaccines because at the time I trusted the information some sources were giving. I have since then changed my opinion and have no plans to ever again get any kind of a vaccine from my government who have shown themselves to be agenda driven and not citizen driven.

There's an uptick here with what seems to be the mild kind of COVID. My wife had it. I haven't caught it yet, but I pump all kinds of substances into my body because of other issues. Several of our friends had it and the winter is already beginning. To me the spread of this doesn't appear to mirror a typical seasonal flue infection.

No desire to get into a discussion about the vaccine again. Just stating my reasons. I don't trust them and I won't trust any other vaccine they put out.

I agree with your assessment. Technically, when in the military, they own you; you give up freedoms and choices as part of the uniformed service.

If you got so sunburnt that you could not perform your duty and had to go on sick leave, that was damage to government property, and Article-15 discipline followed.

We were human pincushions and ready to deploy anywhere in the world. You best never lose our individual shot records, as you would be required to take all of them over if your Official Military Personnel Jacket was ever lost or misplaced.

When they started to discharge military personnel for refusing the jab, I had mixed thoughts and emotions. If I had a choice, I would not volunteer to get the jab.

As I mentioned, the service is uniform; we have the same shots, dress, sleep, eat, fight, have haircuts, and have the same standards with no variation. We know the dangers that can be imposed on Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines, being put in harm's way.

When they were discharging service personnel, I thought, if I was still in the military, would I take this untested, unproven jab?  

Against my better judgment, I concluded that, reluctantly, I would have. Rather than face the shame of myself for the rest of my life or receive anything less than an honorable discharge. That would be the only reason I would, I do believe.

Guest AFlameOfFire
45 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I agree with your assessment. Technically, when in the military, they own you; you give up freedoms and choices as part of the uniformed service.

If you got so sunburnt that you could not perform your duty and had to go on sick leave, that was damage to government property, and Article-15 discipline followed.

We were human pincushions and ready to deploy anywhere in the world. You best never lose our individual shot records, as you would be required to take all of them over if your Official Military Personnel Jacket was ever lost or misplaced.

When they started to discharge military personnel for refusing the jab, I had mixed thoughts and emotions. If I had a choice, I would not volunteer to get the jab.

As I mentioned, the service is uniform; we have the same shots, dress, sleep, eat, fight, have haircuts, and have the same standards with no variation. We know the dangers that can be imposed on Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines, being put in harm's way.

When they were discharging service personnel, I thought, if I was still in the military, would I take this untested, unproven jab?  

Against my better judgment, I concluded that, reluctantly, I would have. Rather than face the shame of myself for the rest of my life or receive anything less than an honorable discharge. That would be the only reason I would, I do believe.

You know Dennis1209 , when I was in the Millitary I took whatever they stuck in my arm (having no questions whatsoever). God only knows what went into me, I just rolled up my sleeve and trusted whatever was put in my arm and believed it was for my good.

I was dumb as a box of nails and never questioned anything, that come later in life for me concerning quite a few things.

Edited by AFlameOfFire
Too much info, edit

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,321
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

12 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

My wife was massaging my injured shoulder the other day and said, "Oh, you still have your scar on your shoulder from your childhood vaccination." Neither of us could remember what that was for, smallpox, T.B., maybe?

I think it's the Smallpox vaccination....mine looks like a dime sized, shaped scar.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

The numerous medications to counteract the adverse effects of the other medications.

A friend got put on a different medication to help lower her A1C reading for Diabetes.   That medication constipated her for a week plus vomiting and I forget what else.

So her doctor changed her medication again.   After one month he did a blood test.   The latest medication brought her kidney function down to 30%!

He immediately took her off of that medication.   She asked what to do.   He just said keep following the kidney diet.

Pray for her, she's only about 55.

• Praying! 2

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I had mine in October.  The doctors and pharmacists are masking here.

5 hours ago, Willa said:

I had mine in October.  The doctors and pharmacists are masking here.

Masking is over with here...Los Angeles.   We don't hear anything about Covid on the news anymore here.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,144
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

18 hours ago, Debp said:

I think it's the Smallpox vaccination....mine looks like a dime sized, shaped scar.

Yep, it was for smallpox. That scar is no longer visible on my shoulder. I was a veritable dartboard in my youth. Whenever my father received orders for an overseas duty station, all of us (including him) were vaccinated according to whatever exotic pathogens were present in that destination. 

Typhus and typhoid fever were problems in the South Pacific... those shots were lovely. My favorite childhood injection was gamma globulin! It was like receiving an intravenous dose of peanut butter. :clap:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,144
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

On 12/8/2023 at 3:05 PM, other one said:

what are the requirements for a shingles shot???

I believe the CDC recommends that anyone 50 or older receive two doses of the Shingrix vaccine. That's because traditionally, shingles is more common in people 50 or older. However, it's on the rise in folks under 50. 

• Thumbs Up 1