IGNORED

Should Christmas be celebrated or rejected according to the word of God?

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,191
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

9 hours ago, farouk said:

The deeper matter is: Is the Incarnation of the Lord Jesus Christ important?

John 1.14: "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

Yes!

I once looked it up and Jesus came into the world with Hanukkah, so around Christmas. The Light came into the world.

https://lightofzion.org/biblical-feasts/the-feast-of-lights-hanukkah-and-messiahs-incarnation/

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Some people run with "its not written so they never did/talked about it".  Its yeah I don't understand some believers. Well I read how all the angels rejoiced .. MAN that would have been a sight to see. God came to earth became His creation.. HOW can you not want to celerbate that 24/7. Sure for us its been over 2000 years so let it go I guess but for God its only been a tad over 2 days. Every time someone comes to Christ they rejoice.. its never ending. Haha.. I just said last night "look were celerbrating your birth. Not they I would do it but". Well my wife loves the tree and lights and Mary and the baby all other stuff. So beautiful. Yeah He knows Hes always  been so do we (still figuring that out) but for us He knows its about HIM coming as He said "didnt come to condemn the world but to save it". I wont let any man rob me of this. Its about Him.. its only about Him. What some man/woman did or how you believe it started. We always try to remember its about Him

So if you don't celerbate it or in March/April praise GOD! 

Edited by TheBlade
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  441
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

YES you should jump up and down with JOY for what this all means...that Christ was born(actually in September) and we should celebrate that whenever possible. And you would be doing a lot more than me and most everyone else on Earth by celebrating the birth of Christ(at any point) since everyone else(the World) puts on a good "face" at this time of year, but thats about all you will get, and about all the so-called "praise" GOD will get...but WE as true believers do try to honor HIM at this time of year, but its just so hard to keep the other BS out of it...sorry but it had to be said.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693

On 12/5/2023 at 4:42 PM, other one said:

I do not see anywhere in scripture that we should celebrate Jesus's birthday....    Likewise, I don't see anything that tells me not to celebrate his birthday...  So, I would say that it would probably depend on how you celebrate it and why.   

I personally do not like the pagan stuff, but that's just me.   The rest of you, it's between you and the Lord.

Is Christmas a pagan Holiday? If so the book says in Exodus 20: And God spake all these words, saying,

Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 

Even Kwanza, founded 1966 by Dr. Maulana Karenga, which people are starting to celebrate and mingle into the church is based on the Nguzo Saba (seven guiding principles), one for each day of the observance, and is celebrated from December 26th to January 1st. A Kinara (candle holder); Mkeka (placemat preferably made of straw); Mazao (crops, i.e., fruits and vegetables); Vibunzi (ears of corn to reflect the number of children in the household); Kikombe cha umoja (communal unity cup); Mishumaa saba (seven candles, one black, three red, and three green); and Zawadi (gifts that are enriching). Its focus is said to be on these traditional African values. It's been said that Kwanza is a time of reaffirming African-American people, their ancestors and culture. Kwanzaa, means "first fruits of the harvest" in the African language Kiswahili. But the Lord has a harvest festival called the Feast of the Tabernacles. Why don't African-Americans, as well as all Christians, celebrate it?

Leviticus 23:34-41 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, The fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the feast of tabernacles for seven days unto the LORD. 

35 On the first day shall be an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. 

36 Seven days ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: on the eighth day shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: it is a solemn assembly; and ye shall do no servile work therein. 

37 These are the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering, and a meat offering, a sacrifice, and drink offerings, every thing upon his day: 38 Beside the sabbaths of the LORD, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the LORD. 

39 Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath.

40 And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the LORD your God seven days. 41 And ye shall keep it a feast unto the LORD seven days in the year. It shall be a statute for ever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month.

So exactly where did Christmas come from? World Scope Encyclopedia (1960 vol.3) states, "Christmas, the festival observed by the Christian Church on the 25th day of December in commemoration of the birth of Jesus Christ. No certain knowledge of the birthday of Jesus Christ exists and its observance was not established until some time after the organization of the first churches. The 25th day of December was advocated by Julius 1, Bishop of Rome from 337 to 352, as the most suitable time to commemorate the birth of Christ. The day was finally placed on December 25th, which made it possible for all nations to observe a festival of rejoicing that the shortest day of the year has passed. Moreover, the newly converted peoples found it convenient to get a kind of substitute for their original celebrations of the solstice". The birth of Jesus the Christ was assigned the date of December 25th, because on this day, as the sun began its return to the northern skies, the pagan devotees of Mithra celebrated the dies natalis Solis Invicti (birthday of the invincible sun). The history book a Pictorial History of the Italian People states, "Saint Gregory was repelled by Graeco-Roman civilization and, paradoxically, did more than anyone else to facilitate the absorption of pagan residues into Italian Christianity. Through that process of absorption, any paganism hostile to Christianity remaining in Italian rural communities faded away". Check your history, you'll find that the customs associated with Christmas were celebrated some 2000 years before Jesus.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

Is Christmas a pagan Holiday? If so the book says in Exodus 20: And God spake all these words, saying,

Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 

I don't know any Christians that worship things other than what they perceive as referring to Jesus.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.47

On 12/5/2023 at 2:35 PM, Bro.Tan said:

Where Did Christmas Come From? 

For Christians Christs birth.

• Thumbs Up 2