• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  0

Hear me out.. 

This world is made for those who indulge in the flesh. We can’t really care about food that much, we even should fast, or we have the sin of gluttony. We aren’t supposed to care about money or how much we make and we should give some to God. The secular people drink to excess, travel, party, go to fancy places/take vacations..We are not to care about in general what a lot of the world cares about.

These people care about everything but the things of God. For a Christian, life can be very boring. Sure you can raise kids (if you want), or you can be in ministry, but since I started not caring about what the world cares about, I’m wondering besides my purpose of spreading the good news, is anyone else feeling miserable just seeing that we aren’t meant to even be here? We are meant for a heavenly kingdom. I know that. Yet basically everything on earth is meant for secular people. I would rather be in Heaven worshipping my Maker than being here on earth constantly fighting a battle because I’m resisting the Devil. I know Paul also desired this. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

When I start feeling this way Ilike to listen to that old country song "Rose Garden".

Try it and see if it helps.

Being Christian isn't easy.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,400
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

4 minutes ago, debrakay said:

I guess I feel differently about life now that I am approaching 70 years of life here on earth.  I quit questioning the Lord's wisdom for my existence a long time ago.  Jesus told us we would have trials and tribulations while we are here, but I am thankful for every single day he has blessed me with.  I have children, grandchildren and great grandchildren I am thankful for and who bring joy to my life.  I have other family and friends who have helped me and given me a shoulder to cry on when needed and I do the same for them.  I have been the arms and legs for Jesus and his message of forgiveness and salvation everywhere I can and whenever I can as I believe that once we commit our lives to Jesus we become disciples for him during our time on earth.  The world is filled with lost people who need to hear the Good News not more bad news. 

I also love the creation God has made and enjoy as many places as I can.  Nature is a favorite so being in the beauty of outdoors is such a blessing.  I have never found my life to be boring or uneventful and know God always has a reason and purpose for everything. 

When scripture talks about love, happiness, joy, grace, wisdom, knowledge, serving others, prayer, praise, worship, the goodness and love of the Father towards his people, how could I ever not be thankful for my existence?

@debrakay What a difference grace makes! Daily His mercies are renewed. (Lamentations 3.23)

(I do pray that I myself won't get old and cantankerous............)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

12 hours ago, Alexis8763 said:

Hear me out.. 

This world is made for those who indulge in the flesh. We can’t really care about food that much, we even should fast, or we have the sin of gluttony. We aren’t supposed to care about money or how much we make and we should give some to God. The secular people drink to excess, travel, party, go to fancy places/take vacations..We are not to care about in general what a lot of the world cares about.

These people care about everything but the things of God. For a Christian, life can be very boring. Sure you can raise kids (if you want), or you can be in ministry, but since I started not caring about what the world cares about, I’m wondering besides my purpose of spreading the good news, is anyone else feeling miserable just seeing that we aren’t meant to even be here? We are meant for a heavenly kingdom. I know that. Yet basically everything on earth is meant for secular people. I would rather be in Heaven worshipping my Maker than being here on earth constantly fighting a battle because I’m resisting the Devil. I know Paul also desired this. 

Hi Alexis,

That is so sad you think life is boring for us. Yes, it is difficult through trials etc, however, as we learn to be thankful for what the Lord has done and has given us - (in everything give thanks...`) our hearts will settle in peace.

Remember Ps. 73 the writer, Asaph, was also bemoaning how the wicked have everything and have no trouble etc, -

`But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled; my steps had nearly slipped. For I was envious of the boastful, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked...` (Ps. 73: 2 & 3)

`...until I went into the sanctuary of God; then I understood their end. Surely You set them in slippery places; You cast them down to destruction.` (Ps. 73: 17)

`But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare Your works.` (Ps. 73: 28)

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,038
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

15 hours ago, Alexis8763 said:

Hear me out.. 

You are absolutely correct. The Christian life is dreary in respect of worldly things. Let's view God's original plans.
- God makes His man and puts him in a garden called "Pleasure"
- God causes a climatic condition where man needs no clothes and fruit grows abundantly
- Even under curse the Land God gives His People is one "flowing with milk and honey"
- Even under curse God promises temporal blessings of health, wealth and long life if you kept His Laws
- For the dead, who are in an unnatural state (2nd Cor.5:1-5), He makes Paradise

So the evidence is that God wants a sense of well-being for mankind. So why are we in this predicament? The reason is that we live in enemy territory. God made man governor of this earth. But man gave it back to the previous "Prince of this world". God is going to take it back for mankind, but to gather and train His New Man who will bring equitous Government to earth, God needs a TIME when men can learn to trust Him. (Eve did not trust God that He meant good by banning a fruit). So God asks of His select men and women to avoid Satan's system - the one that got Eve and with which Jesus was also tempted with.

This system is one that makes you bow down to another god to get the pleasurable things of life. The lust or desire of the flesh, the lust of the eye and the pride of life all seem good at first, but they are "deceitful". They don't do what they promise. Famous and wealthy can testify of this. They commit suicide when they have every thing. What our Lord did, and asks you to do, is to TEMPORARILY say no to "deceitful" goods. By "temporarily", God means in this age and under His present economy. When Christ returns our pleasure will be full - that is, those who VOLUNTARILY refused them now.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,407
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

3 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

That is so sad you think life is boring for us. Yes, it is difficult through trials etc, however, as we learn to be thankful for what the Lord has done and has given us - (in everything give thanks...`) our hearts will settle in peace.

I agree 100%. My family has a lot of people who went heavily into drugs, alcohol, and sex. They're very much living examples of the wages of sin being death, and a whole lot of misery to boot. Not everyone ends up like they have, but I'd wager a lot more people who live in sin end up like them than those who end up wildly successful despite their lifestyle.

Maybe I'm easily satisfied but I see a lot of value in little things. Dew in the grass sparkling in the light is pretty in my opinion. When I see it I typically express some thanks to God. Normally no other person walks through the area around my house so I tend to feel like it's an art arrangement just for me. There's a lot of things great and small we can enjoy that aren't against Christian principles. We might have to spend some time looking for them but they're there.

This is not to diminish that life can be hard and that the world will hate us when we make a stand for Christ. But we were warned that the world would hate us because it hated Him first.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

16 hours ago, Alexis8763 said:

We are not to care about in general what a lot of the world cares about.

Jesus said ' I am come that you might have life to the full.'

If you are finding life dull and boring,  you need a change.

We are to care about the world, environment ent, other people etc  so get involved in any of these issues.

Here's  a qu3stion for you to ask people.

Why are you concerned about....?

What reason do you have for being concerned?

Only Christianity has solid reasons for caring for the environment  etc and for people.

Do get a job that you enjoy, or are passionate  about.

Jesus was accused of being a glutton  and a drunkard. He was neither, but clearly  enjoyed  eating and drinking with friends.

Many people live for pleasure as you have lamented  about, as  Christians we have a reason and purpose in life, and can enjoy all of God's creation, it is a matter  of priorities. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

I am 71. My Christian life has not diminished but grown deeper, more fulfilling, and rewarding as I fellowship with the Lord in the Holy Spirit. The things He enlightens me about are amazing (for the good things) and at the same time awesome (for when He reveals what is happening around me). Boring is an word that does NOT describe my experience being a Christian, so, I can't relate to that.

I have found that the more I am involved in various ministries at my local church, or reaching out to people around me in ministry or witnessing to God's love for me . . . that it 'sweetens' my attitude, and gives me a spring-in-my-step so to speak. 

I love working with the Holy Spirit on things He allows me to be involved in . . . be it projects at church, or prayer and intersession, or helping others I encounter during the day. It differs day by day. Some days more relaxed, and others more active and surprising.

So . . . my advice is get down fellowshipping with Him in prayer seeing what assignments He has for you, then get up . . . and do your assignments (however small or large), and get into the 'fight of faith'.

Grace and Peace . . .

Ray . . . 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Knowing the Who of God and all His ways are perfect ... any dissatisfaction is one who lacks drawing near to Him:
James 4:8 (KJV)

[8] Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

We all have the need of continual cleansing from ourselves and the world we have caused to be as it is...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1