• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 1/8/2024 at 9:48 AM, Alexis8763 said:

Hear me out.. 

This world is made for those who indulge in the flesh. We can’t really care about food that much, we even should fast, or we have the sin of gluttony. We aren’t supposed to care about money or how much we make and we should give some to God. The secular people drink to excess, travel, party, go to fancy places/take vacations..We are not to care about in general what a lot of the world cares about.

These people care about everything but the things of God. For a Christian, life can be very boring. Sure you can raise kids (if you want), or you can be in ministry, but since I started not caring about what the world cares about, I’m wondering besides my purpose of spreading the good news, is anyone else feeling miserable just seeing that we aren’t meant to even be here? We are meant for a heavenly kingdom. I know that. Yet basically everything on earth is meant for secular people. I would rather be in Heaven worshipping my Maker than being here on earth constantly fighting a battle because I’m resisting the Devil. I know Paul also desired this. 

Hey.. Why did Christ come? One of the reasons was to give you life and give it more abundantly. Not all the things you mentioned are of this world :) Remember the 6 words "For God so loved the World". This world does not belong to Satan. For just a short time he is the god of it. Remember Christ said "on earth as it is in heaven". So this life oh praise GOD is so wonderful. Well why would the Father want ALL to be born here, live here not to just die right away? Remember we are the light of this world. We are to shine.. and it is never boring. We have His joy! That alone.. oh YES! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I think this world we live in is actually Hell. Full of temptation,sin, evil beyond limits. The Good Book says life will be filled with trials and tribulations, is it hard to believe we are presently in it? In this material world tell me you do not see truly evil people thrive and prosper while truly good and Godly folks continue to suffer and toil to just be. Just my two bits, JJ

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,209
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

To me, All of that sounds exhausting, and unpleasant anyway. Traveling too much is exhausting for me. I can't drink, alcohol doesn't mix well for me. I have never liked it.

Fancy places, like how fancy? Like so fancy, that it is like overwhelmingingly fancy?

One of my favorites things to be surrounded by is old fashioned art, and old fashioned 60's stuff. I mean, sure, I guess a castle would be nice,

Until it needs to be cleaned. Lol.

Honestly, if I lived in a castle I'd be downstairs in one room all of the time in an oversized t shirt, and some 95~5 blend cotton leggings.

The only thing I don't have, that I want, is a husband, that I want, and my own family. I can't seem to get that anywhere. :(

I don't like eating in front of people, I prefer to eat at home, and so all of public stuff requires you to have to be ok with public stuff. I am not a public kinda gal. :)

Edited by believeinHim

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,400
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

Hi @Alexis8763 This is why we need the whole armor of God, Ephesians 6.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,209
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

The older I get, the more minimalist I become. I really do not like to be surrounded by too many things. Traveling is also not only exhausting to me,

It is also scary to me. Especially travel by air. I could probably only make it on the road for a couple of weeks before being burned out. I need my sleep.

I need my sleep, and I want a husband, and my own family. :(

I am definitely a stay in one place kind of girl, and I definitely don't have an eye for the finer things in life. It all seems overwhelming to me. Overwhelming, and exhausting. :(

I like plastic furniture on wheels, and it doesn't bother me. I don't think it looks bad. I just care about how easily it will be cleaned, by me!

Edited by believeinHim

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Since I received the Holy Spirit, I'm really not having much trouble.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  457
  • Content Per Day:  4.66
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/8/2024 at 11:48 AM, Alexis8763 said:

I would rather be in Heaven worshipping my Maker than being here on earth constantly fighting a battle because I’m resisting the Devil. I know Paul also desired this. 

Indeed, I understand this very well. To me the method of my death I find troubling, but not the sleep. I do know that God will grant a person the required strength at the appropriate time though. Just like if you have ever experienced the power of the Holy Spirit coming upon you when being asked to elaborate about your Christian beliefs. I've been blessed with this occurrence twice in my life and didn't realize it until after the fact.

Edit: I wanted to add that after both times the Holy Spirit inspired me I asked myself afterwards, "What just happened?"

Edited by D. Adrien
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

On 1/21/2024 at 8:14 PM, other one said:

Since I received the Holy Spirit, I'm really not having much trouble.

Yes I can't say my burden has been heavy at all, and externally it looks as if I've been through a lot. WE are more than conquerors through Him who saved us.

Victory will always feel good, even when it hurts sometimes.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

9 hours ago, D. Adrien said:

Indeed, I understand this very well. To me the method of my death I find troubling, but not the sleep. I do know that God will grant a person the required strength at the appropriate time though. Just like if you have ever experienced the power of the Holy Spirit coming upon you when being asked to elaborate about your Christian beliefs. I've been blessed with this occurrence twice in my life and didn't realize it until after the fact.

Edit: I wanted to add that after both times the Holy Spirit inspired me I asked myself afterwards, "What just happened?"

Haha I agree! When I evangelize, the Holy Spirit fills me with confidence I don’t have. I still have the Ahab spirit (fear of man) and get nervous talking to men about God. Since all the men in my life growing up were weak and angry, that’s all I knew. 

My trust in God has grown since I’ve posted this. I’ve developed more of a relationship with God and He has already healed me twice, no three times of physical ailments I’ve had. I think that’s a testimony in and of itself because it’s only been 2 whole months since I turned away from sin and worldly things to follow God. 

I don’t think that I realized the damage I (and other people) had done to my physical, mental, emotional and sadly, spiritual state. I am literally having to be delivered from tons of physical ailments, soul bondage, etc. this brings on a whole new meaning to “born again” for me lol. My deliverance and healing is going to take a while and while the process is painful, it will be worth it. 

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

On 1/21/2024 at 5:46 PM, believeinHim said:

The older I get, the more minimalist I become. I really do not like to be surrounded by too many things. Traveling is also not only exhausting to me,

It is also scary to me. Especially travel by air. I could probably only make it on the road for a couple of weeks before being burned out. I need my sleep.

I need my sleep, and I want a husband, and my own family. :(

I am definitely a stay in one place kind of girl, and I definitely don't have an eye for the finer things in life. It all seems overwhelming to me. Overwhelming, and exhausting. :(

I like plastic furniture on wheels, and it doesn't bother me. I don't think it looks bad. I just care about how easily it will be cleaned, by me!

I’m the same way, I’m just a people pleaser. Honestly I’m a homebody too. I don’t care for travel either. My mom drove me around for hours when I was a kid so I developed car sickness real bad. I think it can be cast out now but yeah.

I’m definitely more simple minded now than I used to be and my life has gotten so much easier! I’ve been throwing away and removing things from my life that are worldly. I don’t have to worry about people too much just yet and while I’m still manifesting I’m trying to stay away. But I definitely wanna join a church sometime this year. 

• Thumbs Up 2