• Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,259
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

4 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Let's look at Rev 11:15>

"Then the seventh angel sounded; and there were loud voices in heaven, saying,

“The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ; and He will reign forever and ever.”  And the twenty-four elders, who sit on their thrones before God, fell on their faces and worshiped God,  saying,

“We give You thanks, Lord God, the Almighty, the One who is and who was, because You have taken Your great power and have begun to reign

At the sounding of the seventh trumpet, the Coronation of Jesus begins. He is given the kingdom of the world, and He begins His reign. He is annointed King

This is the same event as in Daniel 7:9-10, 13

Here in Psalm 47, the Lord ascends with a shout at the sound of the trumpet.....and He sits on His Throne. He is annointed King!

So we see 3 Scriptures all talking about the same event.

Hi Joe,

So glad you have highlighted those scriptures.

1. Christ`s own throne, ruler over all God`s Kingdom. (before the tribulation) Let`s add Rev. 4: 2 & 3 where we see the Father `set` His Son on the highest throne.

`...behold a throne set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance.` (Rev. 4: 2 & 3) 

The first and last stones on the High Priest`s breastplate. Thus, the one there is the supreme High Priest on His own throne. This is the glorified Lord Jesus Christ - KingPriest.

The emerald stone is for `heirship.` This reveals that the Lord is the Father`s Heir of all His estates, over all God`s great Kingdom. He has been given the executive authority to carry out the judgments upon the earth.

`For the Father ...has given Him (Jesus) authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.` (John. 5: 26 & 27)

It is the Lord Jesus who brings forth the judgments we see in the tribulation, heralded by the 7 trumpets.

2. Christ as King over the Nations at the end of the tribulation.

And the 24 Elders give the Lord thanks for He has `taken His great power and reigned.` (Rev. 11: 17)  Note the KJ and NJK do not have `begun` 

This is the picture we see in Dan. 7: 14, `Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. `

As you rightly said - `kingdoms of the world become the kingdoms of our Lord and His Christ.` (Rev. 11: 15)

3. Christ the King over the nations goes up with a shout after setting up His millennial reign.

`He is a great King over all the earth. He will subdue the peoples under our feet....God has gone up with a shout.` (Ps. 47: 3 & 5)

Note the different times.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30

3 hours ago, WilliamL said:

But you left out:

Jude 14 Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, 15 to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”

Hi William,

We need to look at what the Greek & Hebrew says - 

Greek - Hagios,   

`Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousand of His `HOLY ONES,` (hagios). (Jude 14)

Hebrew - Quodos.

`The Lord came from Sinai, and dawned on them from Seir; He shone forth from Mount Paran, and came with ten thousands of  HOLY ONES,`quodos,`  literally myriads of holiness. `  (Deut. 33: 2)

Ps. 68 tells us who these Holy Ones are -

`The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of thousands; the Lord is among them as in Sinai, in the Holy place.` (Ps. 68: 17)

Thus we see that Enoch was referring to God`s myriads of holy angels.  

Hebrew - Quodos.

`Behold the Day of the Lord is coming……..Thus the Lord will come and all the Holy Ones  (Quodos) with Him.` (Zech. 14:  5)

8 hours ago, WilliamL said:

One must remember that Jesus will have "many diadems/crowns." Rev. 19:12 Many crowns indicates many kingdoms. Yes, He will have a throne in heaven (and probably more than one), but that does not mean that He will not have any other thrones.

Ancient kings of kings (Rev. 19:16) would sometimes rule from more than one throne. When Assyria conquered Babylon, the Assyrian king was required to sit one day each year on the throne of Babylon to confirm his kingship over the city. Belshazzar was called King of Babylon, but he reigned as a regent in Babylon under his father King Nabonidus.

Such appears to be the case with Christ and David in the Millennium. We can see this in Ezekiel 40-45:

43: 7 And He said to me, “Son of man, this is the place of My throne and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel forever."

48:21 “The rest [of the holy district around Jerusalem] shall belong to the prince, on one side and on the other of the holy district and of the city's property, next to the twenty-five thousand cubits of the holy district as far as the eastern border, and westward next to the twenty-five thousand as far as the western border, adjacent to the tribal portions; it shall belong to the prince. It shall be the holy district, and the sanctuary of the temple shall be in the center.

Prince:  Hebrew: nâsîyʼ, naw-see'; or נָשִׂא nâsiʼ; from H5375; properly, an exalted one, i.e. a king or sheik...

So Jerusalem will be effectively ruled by a regent, although officially ruled by the Lord.

Hi William,

The Prince & his sons -

`Thus says the Lord God: "If the prince gives a gift of some of his inheritance to any of his sons, it shall belong to his sons; it is their possession by inheritance.

But if he gives a gift of some of his inheritance to one of his servants, it shall be his until the year of liberty, after which it shall return to the prince..." (Ez. 46: 16 & 17)

This `prince` is David. He is a man that the Lord appoints as regent on earth as King. (Jer. 30: 9) 

A king rules supreme. There are not two kings ruling on earth in the millennium. King Jesus will rule from His seat of power and authority in the third heaven and guide King David on earth by His Holy Spirit. King Jesus has more dominions to rule over than the earth.

Remember the Father placed His Son - `far above all....in this age and also in that which is to come.` (Eph. 1: 21)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,359
  • Content Per Day:  2.75
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Good morning, Marilyn. Not to be argumentive, but let’s discuss this a bit further.

[As the hymn to lyrics] Onward Christian soldiers, marching on to war…

We are Christian soldiers. To me, it makes sense that we, as the New Testament saints, the body of Christ, and the Tribulation martyrs, will accompany Jesus back to earth at His 2nd coming, along with the entire angelic army.

We will not participate in the battle, as a matter of fact, there will be no battle. Jesus will speak and be done.

The clues are:

And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. (Revelation 19:14)

These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful. (Revelation 17:14)

When are angels ever spoken of clothed in fine linen, white and clean? Are angels ever called, called, chosen, or faithful? To my knowledge, only men are.

And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. (Revelation 19:8)

BTW: I have already named my white horse, “High-Ho Silver Away.” What are you going to name your white horse? 😊

Wonder about this

John 17:24

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

6 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I am sure glad I said, "to my knowledge!" 

So, I STAND (and kneel, sit, squat, and pretzeled) corrected. LOL!

mmm does that mean you now are looking more closely as to whether or not we, the Body of Christ come back to this sinful earth after the tribulation? 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,519
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

mmm does that mean you now are looking more closely as to whether or not we, the Body of Christ come back to this sinful earth after the tribulation? 

I believe man was created out of the Earth, on the Earth, and for the Earth. The Earth was specifically created for man, and His occupation was for eternity. We are God’s imagers conducting His will and business here on this planet, not the universe.

Our bodies are flesh and bone, incapable of withstanding the vigors off this planet like elohim (spirits). I understand that God’s holy city, the new Jerusalem, is coming to Earth, not Alpha Centauri. As initially made and intended, I surmise our eternal home is here on Earth.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. (John 14:2)

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. (Revelation 21:2)

I view first the kingdom of heaven coming to Earth for a thousand years:

Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in Earth, as it is in heaven. (Matthew 6:10)

After the millennial reign of Christ ruling with a rod of iron on Earth, the 2nd Gog-Magog uprising will come. After the millennial kingdom age, I understand Jesus will hand over the kingdom to God the Father; then everything will become the kingdom of God (the things seen and unseen). Then, the new heavens and new Earth as we enter eternity.

By no means am I emphatic in my understanding. To directly answer the question, we are to rule and reign with Christ in the millennium, and judge angels. If we are coming back to this Earth, I still maintain we are included with the armies of heaven in Christ's second coming. If not then, when?

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  5,171
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

21 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

A king rules supreme. There are not two kings ruling on earth in the millennium. King Jesus will rule from His seat of power and authority in the third heaven ...

You provide no evidence for this claim other than your own authority.

Whereas scripture says Jesus will be called "King of kings." Rev. 19:16 And that the temple in Jerusalem will be "the place of My throne."

For Jesus to be a king of kings means that there will be other kings besides He and David. As Isaiah so states:

62:1 For Zion’s sake I will not hold My peace,

And for Jerusalem’s sake I will not rest,

Until her righteousness goes forth as brightness,

And her salvation as a lamp that burns.

2 The Gentiles shall see your righteousness,

And all kings your glory.

You shall be called by a new name,

Which the mouth of the LORD will name.

3 You shall also be a crown of glory

In the hand of the LORD,

And a royal diadem

In the hand of your God.

Likewise, Rev 5:10 says that "kings...shall reign on the earth."

7 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I believe man was created out of the Earth, on the Earth, and for the Earth. The Earth was specifically created for man, and His occupation was for eternity. We are God’s imagers conducting His will and business here on this planet, not the universe.

Hi Dennis,

Remember these scriptures -

`The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second man is the Lord from heaven. As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are heavenly.

And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly man. ` (1 Cor. 15: 47 - 49)

`...we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.` (1 John 3: 2)

`For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the first-born among many brethren.` (Rom. 8: 29)

The Body of Christ is of the heavenly man and made for a higher purpose then the earth.

Our bodies are flesh and bone, incapable of withstanding the vigors off this planet like elohim (spirits).

Our bodies are FLESH AND BLOOD AND BONE. 

`Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption, inherit incorruption. Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall be changed - in a MOMENT, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet.

For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruption must put on incorruption and this mortal must out on immortality.` (1 Cor. 15: 50 - 53) 

I understand that God’s holy city, the new Jerusalem, is coming to Earth, not Alpha Centauri. As initially made and intended, I surmise our eternal home is here on Earth.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. (John 14:2)

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. (Revelation 21:2)

I view first the kingdom of heaven coming to Earth for a thousand years:

Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in Earth, as it is in heaven. (Matthew 6:10)

After the millennial reign of Christ ruling with a rod of iron on Earth, the 2nd Gog-Magog uprising will come. After the millennial kingdom age, I understand Jesus will hand over the kingdom to God the Father; then everything will become the kingdom of God (the things seen and unseen). Then, the new heavens and new Earth as we enter eternity.

By no means am I emphatic in my understanding. To directly answer the question, we are to rule and reign with Christ in the millennium, and judge angels. If we are coming back to this Earth, I still maintain we are included with the armies of heaven in Christ's second coming. If not then, when?

The New Jerusalem is when God makes the new heavens and new earth. (Rev. 21: 1 & 2) I do agree that the kingdom/rule of Christ will be in the millennium. That is what the Lord had the people of Israel to pray for - His kingdom/rule to come.

Now, I have yet to see ANY scriptures that back up that view of the Body of Christ on the earth in the millennium. That is shaky ground to stand on there bro.

1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

You provide no evidence for this claim other than your own authority.

Hi William,

You must have missed this scriptural proof -

Remember the Father placed His Son - `far above all....in this age and also in that which is to come.` (Eph. 1: 21)

1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

Whereas scripture says Jesus will be called "King of kings." Rev. 19:16 And that the temple in Jerusalem will be "the place of My throne."

For Jesus to be a king of kings means that there will be other kings besides He and David. As Isaiah so states:

62:1 For Zion’s sake I will not hold My peace,

And for Jerusalem’s sake I will not rest,

Until her righteousness goes forth as brightness,

And her salvation as a lamp that burns.

2 The Gentiles shall see your righteousness,

And all kings your glory.

You shall be called by a new name,

Which the mouth of the LORD will name.

3 You shall also be a crown of glory

In the hand of the LORD,

And a royal diadem

In the hand of your God.

Likewise, Rev 5:10 says that "kings...shall reign on the earth."

Yes, King of kings. And these other kings have rule over dominions and nations etc.

The temple in Jerusalem is the place of God`s throne, His authority.

The kings of the earth are each over a nation as now. 

King David`s throne is on the earth and the Lord`s own throne is in the third heaven. (Rev. 4) That is His seat of power and authority overall.  However, His authority (symbolized by `throne`) is in every realm of God`s great Kingdom from the third heaven through the universe and on the earth.

The `kings...shall reign `epi` the earth.` `epi` is the Greek word and means `OVER OR ON.` Thus, we need for clarification by other scriptures. Can you give it?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  5,171
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 1/29/2024 at 4:20 PM, Marilyn C said:
On 1/29/2024 at 12:13 PM, WilliamL said:

But you left out:

Jude 14 Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, 15 to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”

Expand  

Hi William,

We need to look at what the Greek & Hebrew says - 

Greek - Hagios,   

`Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousand of His `HOLY ONES,` (hagios). (Jude 14)

No, saints. Greek #40 plural in Strong's:

Rom 8:2 ...he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of...

Rom 12:13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.

Rom 15:26 ...certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.

Rom 15:31 ...I have for Jerusalem may be accepted of the saints;

Rom 16:2 ...in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her...

Rom 16:15 ...his sister, and Olympas, and all the saints which are with them.

1 Cor 1:2 ...Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every...

1 Cor 6:1 ...to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?

1 Cor 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world...

1 Cor 16:1 ...concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order...

1 Cor 16:15 ...they have addicted themselves to the ministry of the saints,...

2 Cor 1:1  ...which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:

2 Cor 9:1 ...touching the ministering to the saints, it is superfluous for me...

2 Cor 13:13 All the saints salute you.

Eph 1:1 ...by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the...

Eph 1:15 ...in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

-- and that is only a fraction of the NT uses.

Jesus comes in the clouds of heaven with his angels to take up His Church at His Parousia. He later comes with His resurrected and perfected immortal saints to fight the Battle of Armageddon on earth.

Those saints are "having been clothed [Greek Perfect participle] in fine linen." Rev. 19:14 Angels don't have a time when they are "having been clothed." But the saints will, as the NT tells us in different places, such as

Rev. 3:5 “He who overcomes shall be clothed [Greek Future indicative] in white garments..."