• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

8 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

I see people reference Corrie alot. Who is she? That story was very nice to read. Thank you. Also what does that mean turn it into his love. 

She saved Jews in WWII in Holland and had to go to a concentration camp and when she came out she started to share the Gospel. She wrote some books.

Human love is often: I love you if you love me too and God's love was in that case that she just wanted the best for him, regardless if he married someone else or that you can forgive and love people who were horrible to you and normally that wouldn't be possible with your own human love.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

8 minutes ago, Renskedejonge said:

She saved Jews in WWII in Holland and had to go to a concentration camp and when she came out she started to share the Gospel. She wrote some books.

Human love is often: I love you if you love me too and God's love was in that case that she just wanted the best for him, regardless if he married someone else or that you can forgive and love people who were horrible to you and normally that wouldn't be possible with your own human love.

Thank you got the background info on her.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

-

Edited by Renskedejonge

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

On 2/16/2024 at 1:50 PM, Logostician said:

Jesus is the only thing that this world, and worldly people, cannot take from you.  If everyone in this world seems to be abandoning you, he is the one that will stay with you.  Jesus is my saviour, and my best friend.

Hebrews 13:5

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Great verse there; reminds me also of 'Godliness with contentment is great gain' (1 Timothy 6.6).

On 2/17/2024 at 8:20 PM, Renskedejonge said:

-

@Renskedejonge Did you forget some words...?

Edited by farouk
  • Haha 1

On 2/16/2024 at 2:12 PM, Jayne said:

I understand that you are anxious and nervous.  I, myself, have depression and anxiety.  I know exactly what that feels like.

I know what it's like to be afraid and alone and afraid BECAUSE you are alone.  I get it!!  Truly!!

Here's what I don't understand.  You've been here for six years.  Never have you posted a problem that you did not blame God for.

Without fail.

It's always God's fault.

I get the crappy life.  Mine is pretty much crappy.  It would never dawn on me to lay the blame at God's feet and declare that I couldn't trust him.

Unless a Godly and Christian man wishes to marry you without sex before marriage - a man is the last thing that you need.

Your primary concern until a Godly man marries you is those two babies.  You never speak of them.  You only speak of your misery.  

And blame God for it.  When He alone can help you.

@Jayne Indeed, trust is at the heart of faith......Proverbs 3.5: 'Trust in the LORD with all Thine heart".

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

The thing we as humans forget in a time of emotional stress is that God sees not just today’s circumstance but He sees the future at the same time. Our eyes can be so blinded by our emotion we see only what we want to see. He sees the other person unfiltered and has a better plan for us… one for mutual good. Sit back and rest in God. You may see only what you want to see in this person. Trust God and wait for Him to show you what He sees and has planned.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On 2/15/2024 at 6:10 PM, Figure of eighty said:

Some people trust God easily after setbacks. I'm going through alot from possible eviction,health issues and a break up. 

My heart is so thoroughly broken. Why would God bring someone who is everything I wanted but knows I'm not ready.  I'd rather God wait yrs to bring the guy instead of show me and it's not time. I feel heartbroken and upset about everything. 

I'm anxious..and nervous.

Greetings 80,

I’m a bit confused on what you wrote…it sounds like you are saying you met someone who is everything you want only that person came too early…you’re not ready.  Do I have this right? 

if that is right, my first thought is this….would you rather have the perfect one “early”, “late”, or “never”?

I’ll wait to see your answer first before I go on. -S

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 2/16/2024 at 10:10 AM, Figure of eighty said:

Some people trust God easily after setbacks. I'm going through alot from possible eviction,health issues and a break up. 

My heart is so thoroughly broken. Why would God bring someone who is everything I wanted but knows I'm not ready.  I'd rather God wait yrs to bring the guy instead of show me and it's not time. I feel heartbroken and upset about everything. 

I'm anxious..and nervous.

Hi Figure of eighty,

Life is damaged but God is not about fixing it up. God is about changing us as we yield to Him.

My suggestion is that you stop complaining (which we can all find things to complain about) and start being thankful. Thank God for - your children, for life, for life in Jesus, eternal life, and food, and clothes, and being able to talk to others here etc, etc. 

Do that daily and see the difference.

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On 2/21/2024 at 1:37 PM, Spock said:

Greetings 80,

I’m a bit confused on what you wrote…it sounds like you are saying you met someone who is everything you want only that person came too early…you’re not ready.  Do I have this right? 

if that is right, my first thought is this….would you rather have the perfect one “early”, “late”, or “never”?

I’ll wait to see your answer first before I go on. -S

It depends. If I can still have him then  yes but I feel bc I wasn't ready I may have messed things up.