• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 minutes ago, FJK said:

Not your place to judge, but maybe your place to educate.

That, in my own way, is one of the things I try and do here.  Not getting into long discussions, but just stating what I see and think, and letting people do their own thing.  If I am wrong I trust the Holy Spirit will not let someone fall over it, and when I am right I leave it to the Holy Spirit to make them understand.  But these 100 + posts in long threads tend to lead discussions in circles where people are not willing to change their minds or let others have their own thoughts about it.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/11/2024 at 12:56 PM, Who me said:

Does it, please demonstrate how Christian churches are divided. 

You have made a claim, so it is up to you to prove your claim.

Show me 2 churches who believe the same outside of Jesus is Saviour Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, yes these are churches and they all believe in Jesus in different ways. Baptist once saved always saved, Catholics pray to Mary and call the Preist Father, Assembly of God speak in tongues, Presbyterian in the creed and much more so how can we be united.  

On 3/11/2024 at 7:48 PM, The_Patriot21 said:

Well, you are indeed proving it. I said nothing about homosexuality I simply answered the question. 

The truth of the matter is I made a single, factual statement. You inferred things that weren't even hinted at in my post, and now your trying to make it like I was at least partially to blame.

While there are certainly times where I have been guilty of such, it is not this time. It seems to me your simply trying to prove your point and not actually caring about what I said, and as such the only out come is further division. So I'm out. Have a good evening.

Proof above we are divided not what Jesus intend

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 3/10/2024 at 1:23 AM, backontrack said:

So long as we as believers are divided God cannot unite us, one cause, one body.

Hi backontrack,

May I encourage you to know that Christ has by His Holy Spirit placed us all, (who believe) in His Body.

`But now has God set the members every one of them in the Body, as it has pleased Him.` (1 Cor. 12: 18)

So, we are all in unity, (Eph. 4: 3) which we are to keep otherwise we, individually will not be in the Body. That means our attitude is of grace towards each other.

Now, the differences we have while on this earth regarding various topics, will either remain as truth with us or get done away with when we go to glory. 

We, as humans do not do the uniting, (as if we ever could) but the Holy Spirit does that when we are incorporated into the Body of Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

5 hours ago, backontrack said:

Show me 2 churches who believe the same outside of Jesus is Saviour Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, yes these are churches and they all believe in Jesus in different ways. Baptist once saved always saved, Catholics pray to Mary and call the Preist Father, Assembly of God speak in tongues, Presbyterian in the creed and much more so how can we be united.  

First of all Mormons and jw are not Christian, in that they do not believe in salvation is only through faith in Jesus.

They both add works to faith.

Any church that's as that is not Christian.

Secondly you are talking about secondary issues.

Is talking in tongues, belief in once saved or the ability to loose salvation, infant baptism, types of church government or types of church service, songs sung, music etc etc etc of primary importance.

As Christians we have three tasks.

To believe in Jesus.

To show our love for him by our obedience to his commands

And to spread the knowledge of him.

How do the many different Christian churches differ with regard to this requirements?

5 hours ago, Who me said:

First of all Mormons and jw are not Christian, in that they do not believe in salvation is only through faith in Jesus.

They both add works to faith.

Any church that's as that is not Christian.

Secondly you are talking about secondary issues.

Is talking in tongues, belief in once saved or the ability to loose salvation, infant baptism, types of church government or types of church service, songs sung, music etc etc etc of primary importance.

As Christians we have three tasks.

To believe in Jesus.

To show our love for him by our obedience to his commands

And to spread the knowledge of him.

How do the many different Christian churches differ with regard to this requirements?

Thanks' God I always wondered if JW and Morman's were saved, wonder if the Amish are Christians and the Hutterites, Mennonites

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

7 hours ago, backontrack said:

Thanks' God I always wondered if JW and Morman's were saved, wonder if the Amish are Christians and the Hutterites, Mennonites

Modern anabaptists (Amish, Mennonite, et al) are Christian, but many enslave themselves to traditions that require them to dress in very specific clothing (including shirt colors, a type of hat, etc.). There are as many sects of Amish and Mennonites as there are denominations, so those traditions vary depending upon sect. 

However, anabaptists otherwise adhere to the Gospel of Christ. Anabaptists refused to baptize infants and many centuries ago, they were hunted by Roman Catholic and Reformed (Protestant) authorities alike. Anabaptists were imprisoned, tortured, and put to death for their insistence that scripture is a higher authority than men. 

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 1