No sign of aliens

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

The subject brings out lots of views, and I hate to say it but most of us are armchair analysts including me. Sure I've read a bunch of books, I've seen things that seemed to be intelligently powered, but like 99% of the other reports no real explanation is to be had.

We know who is in charge on this earth temporarily, but he is on a leash with respect to how far he is allowed to go. Sometimes he goes further (Job), and sometimes he doesn't.

I probably see the ufo phenomenon in much the same way atheists see God. The difference  figuratively in a comparitive way to Christianity is I've been on the mother ship and talked with the head alien. 

Sure some make that claim, and no doubt they had an experience they feel they can validate, but we also know psy ops and drugs can change perceptions. Some whistle blowers who can also be psy ops monkeys have come forward to say they know things.

The way I see it now is, no matter what the game, I know who won the war and who is ultimately in charge. Throw all the big frisbees at me you want. It doesn't matter.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

If you accept the proposition that there are aliens you accept the modern scientific view of the universe, that is is huge and has billions of planets and stars. But the moment you begin to delve into the details, that vast distances are involved. The nearest star is 4.246 light years away. If we sent a radio message, it would take over 4 years before aliens on Proxima Centauri get the message and if they respond, another 4.246 years before the message gets to us.

Remember when I said the universe is huge? If you could travel at the speed of light and began at one end of the Milky Way, it would take you over 100,000 years to travel to tho other side. And our Milky way is not special, and it is just one of over a hundred billion galaxies, each with over a hundred billion stars. Yes, that is a lot, but the distances are vast.

Why would any alien race want to go to the effort of visiting earth? They obviously have superior technology and that removes one reason for them to visit earth.

Or is a second possibility that the US military and security services wanted a very remote air base to test experimental aircraft but keeping the public from knowing what they are up to? So they foster the "alien" stories as a cover for what's really going on, that such exotic and top secret aircraft as the U-2, F-117, or SR-71 flew from there under top secret security and if someone saw something weird or fast in the sky, the first thing people think about is aliens rather than "what a weird aircraft, what is it?"

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

25 minutes ago, Eman_3 said:

If we sent a radio message, it would take over 4 years before aliens on Proxima Centauri get the message and if they respond, another 4.246 years before the message gets to us.

There is a massive assumption behind SETI, that because earth-dwellers have the ability to broadcast and receive messages via electromagnetic radiation, a similar extra-terrestrial civilisation existing in a synchronic paradigm could be discovered simply by monitoring the Universe for them.

Oh well, it keeps astronomers and their budgeters busy.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

There is a massive assumption behind SETI, that because earth-dwellers have the ability to broadcast and receive messages via electromagnetic radiation, a similar extra-terrestrial civilisation existing in a synchronic paradigm could be discovered simply by monitoring the Universe for them.

Oh well, it keeps astronomers and their budgeters busy.

I have always wanted them to stop sending messages out there since watching the episode of Twilight Zone called "To serve man"

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,186
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I'm sellin my pic for only peanuts
compconeheadaliennoobinflyingsaucer155.jpg.8ce5ada934279969d731eb040babbd46.jpg

• Haha 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

13 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

I'm sellin my pic for only peanuts
compconeheadaliennoobinflyingsaucer155.jpg.8ce5ada934279969d731eb040babbd46.jpg

Looks like someone used too much welding flux on that jalopy, nooby. I'd take it back if I were you. :thumbup:

Edited by Marathoner
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Rev 12:7-12

7 Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, 8, but he was defeated and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world— he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, "Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God. 11 And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death. 12 Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!"
ESV

Hummm...   Thrown down to earth...   Cover story is they are ET's come to save mankind from itself.   And many are too caught up in their own woes to understand.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

The dynamics of the universe come into play and mean more than just huge distances. If one believes God put it all in place, the it's up to Him whether He decided to put other life in other places. So far all we have are suggestions for what might be coming from all the probes sent out, and the realization that other planetary environments are extremely hostile to the possibility of life. Lately the nearest they can come is Titan, which has large expanses of water according to the probes. There are arguments both ways.Even a planet with minus 300F has an inner core that could be warmed by the flux of the core, causing optimism among those who want to find life.

We are either very special or very plain. Very special in the context that no other planets for billions of miles have the unique environmental qualities that foster life with other planets all being extremely hostile. Go figure. This would make us very special. If God sent His ONLY Son to die for us, then that in and of itself makes an immense statement about our value. 

So many things just had to "happen" in exact ways to allow us to be here making this all very intentional. If I had a locker with a combination lock on it and stood there for a million years I might get the combination with my very INTENTIONAL effort, yet if we don't have even intention involved that means no one made a lock to figure out in the first place which means the probabilities of anything lining up, even at a basic level are zero. To try and explain the complexity involved at each stage as something that simply happened is ludicrous.

Since we have intention and since God places so much value on men, even above angels, it seems very unlikely that there are any other projects He is working on involving other beings.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,186
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

God has covered this area of thought in His Word:
2 Corinthians 10:5 (KJV)

[5] Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

The obedience of Christ is His creative Word also His written Word... we certainly have enough to deal with in the 'IS' of this place and not dreaming up additional that may or may not be true - because it is not found in God's Word...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1978

2 hours ago, Starise said:

The dynamics of the universe come into play and mean more than just huge distances. If one believes God put it all in place, the it's up to Him whether He decided to put other life in other places. So far all we have are suggestions for what might be coming from all the probes sent out, and the realization that other planetary environments are extremely hostile to the possibility of life. Lately the nearest they can come is Titan, which has large expanses of water according to the probes. There are arguments both ways.Even a planet with minus 300F has an inner core that could be warmed by the flux of the core, causing optimism among thiose who want to find life.

We are either very special or very plain. Very special in the context that no other planets for billions of miles have the unique environmental qualities that foster life with other planets all being extremely hostile. Go figure. This would make us very special. If God sent His ONLY Son to die for us, then that in and of itself makes an immense statement about our value. 

So many things just had to "happen" in exact ways to allow us to be here making this all very intentional. If I had a locker with a combination lock on it and stood there for a million years I might get the combination with my very INTENTIONAL effort, yet if we don't have even intention involved that means no one made a lock to figure out in the first place which means the probabilities of anything lining up, even at a basic level are zero. To try and explain the complexity involved at each stage as something that simply happened is ludicrous.

Since we have intention and since God places so much value on men, even above angels, it seems very unlikely that there are any other projects He is working on involving other beings.

I like your thoughts and comments because you understand nuance and that everything is not as simple as chopping wood as many Christians like to make it.