CHRISTIAN NATIONALISM

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Iv'e been reading some about Christian Nationalism and the recent PROJECT 2025.  Some of it sounds good, but some of it doesn't.  Are any of you familiar with what is going on with the movement?  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,087
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Thanks for posting that article.  That goes along with what I thought I am seeing in this Project 2025 movement that I read about yesterday.  It does NOT sound like the direction in life that Jesus was suggesting!  

I am a strong believer that the scripture that says the love of money (power) is the root of evil, is very true.  And it seems like they are more interested in power than anything else.  

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,942
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

38 minutes ago, Questioning said:

Thanks for posting that article.  That goes along with what I thought I am seeing in this Project 2025 movement that I read about yesterday.  It does NOT sound like the direction in life that Jesus was suggesting!  

I am a strong believer that the scripture that says the love of money (power) is the root of evil, is very true.  And it seems like they are more interested in power than anything else.  

You might be interested in this:

Online Assistance Quote:

Destiny Church, led by self-proclaimed Apostle Brian Tamaki, has been a prominent force in New Zealand’s religious and political landscape. Let’s delve into the intersection of Destiny Church and New Zealand politics:

1. Destiny Church and Pentecostalism:

2. Resistance to Covid-19 Measures:

3. Destiny Church’s Political Involvement:

In summary, Destiny Church’s influence extends beyond its religious congregation, intersecting with New Zealand’s political discourse and occasionally sparking controversy. Whether it’s opposing lockdowns or advocating for socially conservative values, Destiny Church remains a notable player in the country’s socio-political landscape5.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  01/01/1978

It's a good thing in USA, Religion is separate from Government otherwise Christian Nationalism would look like your average Islamic State. 

Edited by Eli1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

28 minutes ago, Eli1 said:

It's a good thing in USA, Religion is separate from Government otherwise Christian Nationalism would look like your average Islamic State. 

The basics of Islam and Christianity are so different that it could never have a government that looked the same.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Eli1 said:

You know that phrase 'separation of Church and State' is found no where in our constitution?  However the constitution does state congress shall make no law regarding the establishment of religion and the exercise there of.  Meaning that congress (law makers) are not allowed to govern religious freedoms and the exercise there of.  This is what allows for freedom OF religion not freedom FROM religion. 

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

Here is the UK law on religious freedom:

The right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief, in worship, teaching, practice and observance[…] The freedom to manifest one's religion or beliefs shall be subject only to such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society in the interests of public safety, for the protection of public order, health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.

Notice that government puts several limitation in place on religions freedoms such limitations prescribed by law, public safety, public order, health or morals, protection of rights and freedoms of others, etc...

Those all may seem fair and legitimate to religious freedoms on the surface, but at any time UK law enforcements could use and any of these limitations such of public safety, public order, health and moral, protection of rights of others as factors to arrest and shut down religious freedoms.  For example if a Church teaches that abortions is wrong well they could easily say your violating public order, mental health and moral, public safety, rights and freedoms of those seeking an abortion, and can shut you down and or arrest you at any given time.  This same goes for any topic that government wants to enforce on a church or its members, be it abortion, COVID, teachings about other religions, homosexuality, public preaching, etc...

Notice the contrast of the US constitution that says "congress shall make no law" regarding religion and the exercise thereof.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  4.74

4 hours ago, other one said:

The basics of Islam and Christianity are so different that it could never have a government that looked the same.

Here's the rub though; Would you want to be ruled by a Theocracy defined by someone corrupted by wealth and power?

Jesus said that His Kingdom was not of this world and I believe Him.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,942
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

14 minutes ago, D. Adrien said:

Jesus said that His Kingdom was not of this world and I believe Him.

Me too!

Dan 2:44-45  In the days of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will shatter all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, but will itself stand forever.  (45)  And just as you saw a stone being cut out of the mountain without human hands, and it shattered the iron, bronze, clay, silver, and gold, so the great God has told the king what will happen in the future. The dream is true, and its interpretation is trustworthy.”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1