• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,101
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

9 hours ago, Michael37 said:

That is always so stupid. Oh a hurricane or earthquake! It's a punishment from God because gay marriage is now okay or abortion. Meanwhile in the Netherlands 1984 abortion is fine, 2001 gay marriage is fine, 2002 euthanasia is fine. Oh we had some earth quakes because of gas winning, not nice for the people whose houses are now not so good, but nobody died or got injured and we never have a hurricane or disaster. Maybe the climate has something to do with it?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,136
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, D. Adrien said:

Here's the rub though; Would you want to be ruled by a Theocracy defined by someone corrupted by wealth and power?

Jesus said that His Kingdom was not of this world and I believe Him.

If that person was a Christian, yes, I would.  I've studied Islam and want no part of it.  However, I do prefer what we have here in the USA over them all.   Problem is that too many want to change it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

A lot of misconceptions about "Christian Nationalism" not only out there in the world, but even here.  Of course with any ideologue one can take it to extremes whether right or left.  However, I think the extremes have been coming from what has been in power lately and the rhetoric that goes with it as the pot would say to the kettle. From my understanding, it's more people, like me, that rather see Christian and moral values practiced more and more instead of the crazy tangents people have been going off on and teaching some of the kids.  It's funny this topic was brought up today because here's something I just read this morning. Towards the end it reads more like a sermon, but when followers of Jesus take his teaching seriously, they are not a threat to anyone and only help to bring peace and joy.  https://redstate.com/jerrywilson/2024/03/18/christian-nationalism-is-not-what-the-left-says-it-is-n2171573

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, tim_from_pa said:

A lot of misconceptions about "Christian Nationalism" not only out there in the world, but even here.  Of course with any ideologue one can take it to extremes whether right or left.  However, I think the extremes have been coming from what has been in power lately and the rhetoric that goes with it as the pot would say to the kettle. From my understanding, it's more people, like me, that rather see Christian and moral values practiced more and more instead of the crazy tangents people have been going off on and teaching some of the kids.  It's funny this topic was brought up today because here's something I just read this morning. Towards the end it reads more like a sermon, but when followers of Jesus take his teaching seriously, they are not a threat to anyone and only help to bring peace and joy.  https://redstate.com/jerrywilson/2024/03/18/christian-nationalism-is-not-what-the-left-says-it-is-n2171573

I am finding more and more that if you want to know the truth of a matter just believe the opposite of how mainstream media wants you to view that matter.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,599
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

13 hours ago, Eli1 said:

It's a good thing in USA, Religion is separate from Government otherwise Christian Nationalism would look like your average Islamic State. 

Actually religion is very much a part of  USA government. It is just not Christian, instead  it is a worship mostly of atheism. Those that believe the "it takes a village" mantra are religiously adhering to the religion of atheism, as example.  

Those that echo the "we will not tolerate"  any dissent from our directives are religious zealots thinking themselves to be gods over the littler people whom they despise, even calling  them a bucket of "deplorables" as HRC did. 

Yes I do believe politics itself has become religion, one without God, or even god's except for those few worldwide feudal type lords that abound today, the superclass.

It i s a tough time yet again on earth, a time of the signs. Maranatha!

In the meantime may many receive those in need, sharing of the gospel of Yeshua in deed as well as word, by not only going into all the world but also in humbly receiving the desperate from all over the world too, doing so sacrificially, much as Paul urged of the many churches.

May each be ready with regular sacrificial action in addition to prayer for the desperate around the world. May it be that Christians not succumb to the evil that tells us, the desperate are animals that poison "our" bloodline. May Christians love the supposed "losers" whose desperate plights are used by a few that think themself the elite, in their harangues and  appeals to foster discord while they  try to rape the land's people  of their  basic decency. Lord save us from such as those that think they can win our hearts with such hateful rhetoric.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90

14 hours ago, Eli1 said:

It's a good thing in USA, Religion is separate from Government otherwise Christian Nationalism would look like your average Islamic State. 

Well, Government certainly seems to think it has the right to involve itself in religion to the extent of controlling it, how it can be practiced as well as where it can be practiced, and by whom.

Personally, I don't consider that to being separated from it.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Ha!  I forgot this is an international forum.  It is interesting to see how the UK defines religious freedom.  It is more detailed than the USA constitution.  So, those of you from other countries are also seeing a push toward combining Christianity with government??  

I told a friend a few days ago I was curious as to which denomination, or sect of Christianity we would be under if we became an official "Christian" nation.  And would the division in Christianity actually compound the division in government??

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  4.67

Wasn't Israel the first nation with separation of church and state? The Levitical priesthood and kings. A king could not amass the Priesthood duties and responsibilities to himself.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

6 hours ago, other one said:

If that person was a Christian, yes, I would.  

Are you saying you would accept a theocracy if it was Christian?   That happened in the middle ages and the eventual results were a disaster for centuries.  Inquisitions, crusades, etc.  Combining ANY religion with government results in a concentration of power, and power is addictive.  As the saying goes, it corrupts.  And absolute power, absolutely corrupts, which is what happened with the Catholic church and Rome.  For me, I want absolute sepatation of church and state.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,408
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

41 minutes ago, Questioning said:

Combining ANY religion with government results in a concentration of power, and power is addictive.  As the saying goes, it corrupts.  And absolute power, absolutely corrupts, which is what happened with the Catholic church and Rome.  For me, I want absolute sepatation of church and state.

I feel similarly. It's easy to want an authoritative government run by Christians now, but will it still be run by people who take their faith as seriously X number of years down the line? America was certainly founded with a lot of Christian ideas in mind, but now our government is a pretty far cry from that.

• Thumbs Up 2