• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,037
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Certainly bro Ad Hoc,

`These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland, and truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have opportunity to return.

But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.` (Heb. 11: 13 - 16) 

Thank you. They are read and noted. We'll sort it out another day.

Go well

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

Then loved one we have God through John teaching us of this
1 John 2:19 (KJV)

[19] They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

For we the born of God knows that is simply nothing to go back to
John 6:68 (KJV)

[68] Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

The Bible teaches us the born of God simply cannot return to lies as truth ... there is nothing to back to!

Some people do not get `rooted and built up, ` but fall away for all sorts of reasons.

`As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.

BEWARE lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. ` (Col. 2: 6 - 8)

The Apostle Paul is warning his disciples not to get cheated..... Thus, there is a risk of that. It is for us to `walk in Him,` and not get cheated. We do have a part to play.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,192
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Some people do not get `rooted and built up, ` but fall away for all sorts of reasons.

Like I already quoted God gives us only one reason one falls away... they never were of us... guess we will have to leave it at that... There is only One Foundation and the Bible specifically name that foundation to be The Christ... there will never be two foundations...

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,002
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

On 3/19/2024 at 1:50 PM, Dennis1209 said:

And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come

I think this is a key part, Paul is speaking about experiencing actual miracles.

One experiencing such and yet still falling away, going away from the faith, 
will not again return.

It is Paul; Hebrews 10:34, 13:23

Paul is speaking to 'partakers of the heavenly calling' Hebrews 3:1

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  1,094
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

On 3/19/2024 at 7:50 PM, Dennis1209 said:

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, (Hebrews 6:4) And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, (Hebrews 6:5) If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. (Hebrews 6:6).

In Hebrews 6:4-6 in context, who is the author speaking to, Jews, Gentiles, or both? How do we take these verses and the contrast between Judaism vs. Grace? What do you think?

I think he speaks to christians, Jewish or Gentile doesn't matter. For instance Demas.

For who it counts now? I have no clue. I had a discussion with an ex christian who called himself rereformed and he came with this text: look it's impossible for me to repent. But God put him on my heart, so I don't believe that. He never raised the dead, he was a baby christian and fell away because they lied to him that 9/11 was a punishment from God, so I would say there's hope for him. It's maybe like Peter versus Judas, denying versus betraying. Judas tasted the heavenly gift. He healed the sick. But he wasn't really saved and fell back to the point of no return. The seed on the wayside, stony places and with thorns.

Edited by RdJ
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  454
  • Content Per Day:  4.68
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Desopixi Seilynam said:

I think this is a key part, Paul is speaking about experiencing actual miracles.

will not again return.

I firmly believe that if a person is obedient to the promptings of the Holy Spirit and the teachings of Jesus Christ, being a doer of the word, miracles will be a natural part of life. Not necessarily spectacular miracles, even though those can occur as well, but miracles of a personal type, in times of stress and in times of need, in as much as one isn't trying to put God to a test.

Edit: Unexpected blessings can appear as miraculous.

Edited by D. Adrien
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  1,094
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

1 hour ago, Desopixi Seilynam said:

will not again return.

Then you can still come back if you backslid. I came to the point that I doubted if He even existed. I had prayed for people for healing in church. Seen so many miracles. Had a relationship with God, prayed every day. He spoke to me. Would have thought it was impossible to backslide and still I did, but they did put me on medical drugs and I got dumped and then wanted someone else, so I lived in sin, but was mislead. How I came back: I reckoned, just like when I got saved the first time by reading occult evil stuff and then searching for God, that there was so much evilin the world, so plenty of evidence for satan, so God must exist too and I asked Him back in my heart and repented. He did not answer me anymore. That's why I thought He didnt exist after all. He didnt give my kids back. Later I saw He could not help me because I lived in sin and from my ex's perspective: he didnt want 2 crazy people raising his kids. When he dumped me in a nuthouse I ran off with a fellow patient.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  454
  • Content Per Day:  4.68
  • Days Won:  1

34 minutes ago, RdJ said:

Then you can still come back if you backslid. I came to the point that I doubted if He even existed. I had prayed for people for healing in church. Seen so many miracles. Had a relationship with God, prayed every day. He spoke to me. Would have thought it was impossible to backslide and still I did, but they did put me on medical drugs and I got dumped and then wanted someone else, so I lived in sin, but was mislead. How I came back: I reckoned, just like when I got saved the first time by reading occult evil stuff and then searching for God, that there was so much evilin the world, so plenty of evidence for satan, so God must exist too and I asked Him back in my heart and repented. He did not answer me anymore. That's why I thought He didnt exist after all. He didnt give my kids back. Later I saw He could not help me because I lived in sin and from my ex's perspective: he didnt want 2 crazy people raising his kids. When he dumped me in a nuthouse I ran off with a fellow patient.

I departed from Christianity for perhaps 10 years, but I wasn't bitter or angry. Everything I touched turned to fecal matter and figured Christianity wasn't for me. I was lacking knowledge concerning hardships of being a baby Christian.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

I see much conjecture and assumption regarding scripture, with judgment being rendered that's identical to how I was judged a long time ago. There were some men supremely confident in their grasp of scripture to the degree that they declared I was "never one of them." They also had declared that they knew the will and purpose of the Lord, so their judgment was beyond reproach. 

They were correct in that I was never one of them; I never was and never would be. They were also correct in that they understood the will and purpose of the Lord, for He delivered me from their domination and control. The day before those men cast me out, the Lord told me what they would do --- and what I should do --- the morning of the next day.

What they intended for evil, the Lord purposed for good. That never fails to render me speechless when I watch it unfold. 

I also never cease to be amazed by the conviction of some who believe that they have the Lord all figured out. God does whatever He pleases, showing mercy to whomever He will. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

15 hours ago, D. Adrien said:

I departed from Christianity for perhaps 10 years, but I wasn't bitter or angry. Everything I touched turned to fecal matter and figured Christianity wasn't for me. I was lacking knowledge concerning hardships of being a baby Christian.

I experienced something similar, but it happened during a longer period of time (20 years for me). Something like this can be difficult to share, but I'll do my best to put it out there using plain language so nothing is left in the dark:

Who knows the hidden things of God if He doesn't see fit to reveal His counsel to man? What the Lord doesn't reveal remains hidden, and what He did with regard to me was overwhelming once He revealed it not just to myself, but to others as well. 

I suffered greatly on account of those men who judged me for many years. I believed what they had told me, and it's worth pointing out that the Lord did not correct their error right away because it suited His will and purpose. After the Spirit revealed what those men were doing and what I should do in response to that, I did not hear the voice of the Lord for years at a stretch. I didn't know what was hidden from me. It was hidden for good reason. 

It was the mercy of the Lord that I was so forgetful and didn't pay enough attention back then. I'm so thankful that I was ignorant of what I had to endure during those 20 years. All of it was necessary.

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1