• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

How have you heard the "voice" of God?

Do events steer you? Do people steer you? Does an internal leaning steer you ? Presumably the voice of God.

When have you heard His voice the loudest, and  have you maybe wondered at times if he was there at all? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1978

I've been fortunate enough to experience two miracles myself so i have literally seen and heard and smelt and i thank God for giving me these signs and miracles in response to my prayer.

Edited by Eli1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Starise said:

Do events steer you? Do people steer you? Does an internal leaning steer you ? Presumably the voice of God.

When have you heard His voice the loudest, and  have you maybe wondered at times if he was there at all? 

John 10:27, “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.”

Luke 11:28   But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Hebrews 4:12   "For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword,
piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow,
and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart"

The Word is God. God speaks through his word. It is hid in my heart. I hear Him, his voice,  all day long.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

4 minutes ago, Sower said:

John 10:27, “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.”

Luke 11:28   But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Hebrews 4:12   "For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword,
piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow,
and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart"

The Word is God. God speaks through his word. It is hid in my heart. I hear Him, his voice,  all day long.

I agree His voice comes through the word, but I don't think it's always only the word. 

And it's always a good thing to have the word in our hearts no doubt. Yet if we follow scripture we see God speaking in various other ways.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,184
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

18 minutes ago, Starise said:

I agree His voice comes through the word, but I don't think it's always only the word. 

Then you would have God breaking His own seal
Revelation 22:18 (KJV)

[18] For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

[19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Plus this would not be true then
2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV)

[15] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, Starise said:

And it's always a good thing to have the word in our hearts no doubt. Yet if we follow scripture we see God speaking in various other ways.

I believe this is the case as well, and I see a lot of God's voice through His works and blessings in my life. I come from a pretty abusive background and in the past was in a slavery-like situation. I tried getting out through my own efforts and they failed repeatedly. Even tried to get out of it before it happened and that also didn't pan out. Before it got super bad I applied for disability because of family pressure. I didn't feel like I needed it at the time of applying but after going through the fire and tearing up my back even worse through all of that I need it when God pulled me out. When I escaped it was because a relative I hadn't seen in decades and was never close to intervened on my behalf, and within weeks of that I was approved for disability despite missing a hearing I never knew happened because the person I was staying with hadn't been giving me my mail. Throughout those years I always had cats to help take the edge off and keep me from going into a suicidal level of despair. To me all the factors and "coincidences" involved were the hand of God intervening to keep me going and deliver me.

More recently God put a strange and interesting person in my life. She went AWOL for a while, and the unexplained absence led both to me taking my walk with God more seriously and to embarking on a path that might eventually get me off of disability and get a higher quality of like than I have now. These are the kind of things where I hear God's voice the most powerfully.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Interesting! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Starise said:

On rare occasions with my ears.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

38 minutes ago, AnOrangeCat said:

I believe this is the case as well, and I see a lot of God's voice through His works and blessings in my life. I come from a pretty abusive background and in the past was in a slavery-like situation. I tried getting out through my own efforts and they failed repeatedly. Even tried to get out of it before it happened and that also didn't pan out. Before it got super bad I applied for disability because of family pressure. I didn't feel like I needed it at the time of applying but after going through the fire and tearing up my back even worse through all of that I need it when God pulled me out. When I escaped it was because a relative I hadn't seen in decades and was never close to intervened on my behalf, and within weeks of that I was approved for disability despite missing a hearing I never knew happened because the person I was staying with hadn't been giving me my mail. Throughout those years I always had cats to help take the edge off and keep me from going into a suicidal level of despair. To me all the factors and "coincidences" involved were the hand of God intervening to keep me going and deliver me.

More recently God put a strange and interesting person in my life. She went AWOL for a while, and the unexplained absence led both to me taking my walk with God more seriously and to embarking on a path that might eventually get me off of disability and get a higher quality of like than I have now. These are the kind of things where I hear God's voice the most powerfully.

If we read the bible we can see how God spoke in many different ways. Often using dreams and visions, at least once through a burning bush, once in a still small voice. 

God can use others who are spirit filled to help us. And yes, even verbally at times as @other one says. I haven't personally experienced this but I believe it happens.

God can speak comfort and peace to us using others and our circumstances. He can speak directly into our hearts about whatever matters we might need help in. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

i have heard his voice in my head before sometimes to warn me or to encourage me.

• Thumbs Up 3

39 minutes ago, Ghostdog said:

i have heard his voice in my head before sometimes to warn me or to encourage me.

I have had the same thing although it would be hard to describe to someone who doesn't have that connection. Not a voice externally, more of an inner voice.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1