IGNORED

Where in the Bible does it say that I have to go to church?

DaughterofKing

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

You know, not to distract from this topic too much, TBN actually claims to be "church" for many people; and actually I have met persons who refuse to attend a congregation because of the way that TBN presents itself. I would never want Worthy to be perceived that way. An essential part of growing in Christ is participation in the growth of the body through functioning according to your measure of faith (Eph. 4:16). As such, you need to be gathered together with fellow believers.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Ovedya

I don't want to say anything bad about Worthy because I do think it is being true to scripture and is a good support system for on-line Christian activity. I also totally agree with your above point. I don

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I would love to. :wub:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,320
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Not to add more distraction to the subject, but I can tell you from experience that worthy is a good place to go when you are not able to find a church that you can be comfortable with and the church with you. There are not very many places in the world that one can be accepted and not believe with all the church doctrine and also not play politics within the organization. One can do both here and still gather and worship and ask for prayer and pray for others........

Don't sell this place short..... even though it is not put forth as a congragation....... it really is a cyber congregation......

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Well said, Sam. Some people find it difficult to go to church, because of loaction. transport or are infirm or handicapped in some form or other.. There are people on this board who I've never seen or likely to see, but just knowing they are there and support the SOF of this ministry, they have become part of the family of Christ and some of them personal friends, who I love very deeply.

When I used to attend church, I always felt I was merely a spectator, On hereI feel as if I am a partaker and I have grown more, spiritually on this board, than I ever did in all the nineteen years I've been committed to serving the Lord.

If you don't feel blessed in the church you are attending, then look around and find one where you do feel blessed.

eric

Guest douggarb

why all the fuss? i cant find any verse that says we have to go to church. althought there are a lot of verses on how we should act IF/WHEN we go to church. i would question any one that adamantly declares that you have or dont have to go to church. this would seem a bit unchristion since i find no black and white answer in the bible. this could be like the eternal security question when there are christions that adamantly beleive both sides.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

why all the fuss? i cant find any verse that says we have to go to church. althought there are a lot of verses on how we should act IF/WHEN we go to church. i would question any one that adamantly declares that you have or dont have to go to church. this would seem a bit unchristion since i find no black and white answer in the bible. this could be like the eternal security question when there are christions that adamantly beleive both sides.

I don't recall anyone making a fuss, but if someone asks a question, surely they are entitled to hear various views on the subject.

e

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,320
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Eric, my basic problem is that I was raised in the Church of Christ, and as I got older in my teenage years and really studied for my self, there were so many holes in what I had been taught that I really had to rebell against the teachings.

As time went on I looked for many years for that "new testament church" that taught all of the bible and not just focused on small parts of it and bad mouthed all the rest. Finally I just decided to read the bible until I understood enough to decide my own doctrine and keep it simple enough to agree with most if not all scripture. Funny thing is, that doesn't fit in much of anywhere, and I found that almost all churches just don't want you around if you can't accept everything they teach, even if it is obviously not the word. You would not believe the sundayschool classes I've been poilitely ask not to speak in or just not come back.... mostly for just asking questions. We bring up questions here and debate them half to death and in the process learn much........ all the churches I have been to just don't want that at all.

With my weird take on the trinity I really don't fit in much of anywhere, for to be an active member of most any group these days one must pretty much confess to belief in the standard defination.

So here I am, and I must say that I spend much more time in the word than I ever did in a church organization....... We do give to several organizations that help people and a bit here as well.

So I really like this place and for the time being it is a substitute for a church for me.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I thank GOD for the awesome people at my church who have meant the entire world of difference to me.

Where would I be without those great Godly people? :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Not to add more distraction to the subject, but I can tell you from experience that worthy is a good place to go when you are not able to find a church that you can be comfortable with and the church with you. There are not very many places in the world that one can be accepted and not believe with all the church doctrine and also not play politics within the organization. One can do both here and still gather and worship and ask for prayer and pray for others........

Don't sell this place short..... even though it is not put forth as a congragation....... it really is a cyber congregation......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes Sam, this board does serve as a "church". We are not obligated to attend a corner church. I have enjoyed the best fellowship ever at fellow believers homes. The intimacy, praise, and flow of love is so much "warmer".

Actually not planning on another "corner church" again. The first apostles met in the "upper room" of a home.

In Heb 10:24 we are told to not forsake or cease the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

The verse preceding this Scripture tells us WHY we should " go to church"

Heb 10:25 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

We are to prod, that is to urge and encourage each other to obedience to God. We are to meet primarily FOR OUR GOOD and GROWTH IN FAITH

1 Cor 11:33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.

We are to have fellowship meals together. ALL believers are in the Family of God and we should treat each other as family whether we be "blood" kin or "marriage" KIN or kin "IN CHRIST"

1Thes 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival [feast day] or a new moon or sabbaths.

----- Colossians 2:16 NKJV (emphasis added)-----

Christians are not under the law of Moses.

It's nobody's business as for how you chose to keep the sabbath.

That's only between two persons, and that's you and God.

Edited by Avidan