• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/13/1976

Here is something I wrote not too long ago.

Today it is getting harder and harder to distinguish between a Christian and a non-Christian. I have often heard it from people that they are treated better by a non-believer than a believer. I

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

WOW!!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Today it is getting harder and harder to distinguish between a Christian and a non-Christian. I have often heard it from people that they are treated better by a non-believer than a believer. I

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

There have been several threads that have tackled this subject recently. I am surprised that there is not a greater consenus that reflects my understanding. The thread I started, "How much of the world is allowed?" was participated in well. You might visit there to see how people feel that you are sharing space with here. Not many are going far enough with the idea of holiness in my opinion. But, I want to make it plain I'm not refering to being the modern day pharisee, but seeing the goal of life to be abandonment or uninvested in the world. Jesus expressed it this way...He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it. Matthew 10:39 NKJV

E.V Hill famed preacher from LA said of his wife's death, "I miss 'Baby" but Lord the kingdom has gained in two ways, heaven has another saint and I am more detached from this world than ever before in my life. Here is my remaining days show me how to spend them completely on the your work." The goal is to be single minded and passionate, to be of the other world.

Edited by David from New Bern

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Here is something I wrote not too long ago.

Today it is getting harder and harder to between a Christian and a non-Christian. I have often heard it from people that they are treated better by a non-believer than a believer. I

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

i am at a point were God is making me more and more aware of His will for me to strive for holiness. there is nothing harder than this but 'i can do all things through Christ who gives me strength'. my greatest weakness being music and TV. its like, u listen to artists who say are Christians but there is nothing in their music that even hint what they profess to be!

Today it is getting harder and harder to distinguish between a Christian and a non-Christian

that quote totally struck a chord with me.

i dont know....God will take care of everything in due course i guess :noidea:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,148
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

desertcry, I maybe a bit skeptical, but I personally think that the doctrine that teaches that one can be saved by believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and believing is all that is needed to be saved. To me the scripture in Romans that says that one should confess with our mouth that Jesus is our Lord is a far cry than just believing.

My question to you would be who is a christian and who is not....... there will be many in the end that Jesus will not accept who believe..... It is only those who have really made Him their Lord and done the things he has told us to do that are true Christians.... I think the problem with not seeing much difference between christians and non christians is because there are so many who just believe, but do not take that final step and declare to follow Him wherever He takes us. They believe and expect the Lord to take care of their every need whenever and wherever those needs/wants happen....... and that just isn't the way it works.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

Let

Guest Joy in the Lord

I like Romans 12:2: And be not conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.

I have learned through my walk with the Lord that renewal of the mind is a lifelong process. Surrendering to Him is a daily committment that we choose to make. I surrender my life daily and desire with all of my heart to live and walk fully pleasing to the Lord.

This process comes with a cost. If I had known the cost at the start, there is no way that I would have kept going. He reveals the cost at different crossroads along the way and I have the choice to pay the cost and keep going.

My walk has become so very difficult in the last 5 months as I am finding that alot of my Christian friends are walking away. They don't want to go deeper and believe that I am too serious.

Is there anyone out there who is interested in the deeper things of God?

I just returned from a visit down South and I have to say that people need to see real committed christians truly following God. I saw so much hopelessness and wasted lives that it broke my heart. I have returned from that trip with an even deeper conviction to continue in my walk No Matter What the Cost.

I want God to be glorified in me!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

My question is...is it wrong then to do anything else with your life? Are we all supposed to not try to find careers to devote your entire life to Jesus? Because if that was true then nothing would get done in this world

I can't just quit college, my parents are paying good money so that I can get a career. Yet College sucks up most of my time, so I can't devote the whole day to Jesus...

What if I love my life? What if I'm enjoying the blessings I have? Am I then wrong, that I love God's creation? That I enjoy movies from time to time?