IGNORED

Rapture

Guest jckduboise

Guest jckduboise

I am not going to stand in agreement with what you have shown me but what I am doing is studying more thuroughly ALL scripture I can find regarding the rapture and/or The End. I will return, don't worry it won't be too much longer. A clearer picture is beginning to form in my mind. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

I am not going to stand in agreement with what you have shown me but what I am doing is studying more thuroughly ALL scripture I can find regarding the rapture and/or The End. I will return, don't worry it won't be too much longer. A clearer picture is beginning to form in my mind. :thumbsup:

Hello sister Jackie,

Check these articles out if you are truly searching through everything for clarity...

http://www.desiringgod.org/library/topics/death/

What Happens When You Die? Part I: At Home With the Lord

What Happens When You Die? Part II: The Dead Will be Raised Imperishable

What Happens When You Die? Part III: All Appear Before the Judgment Seat of Christ

What Happens When You Die? Part IV: Glorified and Free on the New Earth

Fresh Words

Much love to you

Blessings,

Your brother in Christ

-CC-

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/13/1946

If you have never read the word, how do you know what to believe?

I believed in a rapture until I really studied the word.

He did not say he did not study the word. He said he had not read the word "Rapture" in the Bible

I understood him the same way. He did not read the word "rapture in the bible.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

ok. lets see if we can put this to rest, first the answer... the rapture is truth. period. the bible is the only religious truth. there is no rapture in the bible to speak of. the word isnt even in the bible. there will be 144,000 up in the clouds at that time, yes, the great crowd no man can number (everyone else) will not be in heaven. revelation 20:1-10 will guide you through the state of earth after the tribulation and armageddon as well as explain that the ones not of the 144,000 will be on earth where satan will let loose a 1000 years to make one last attempt to turn believers away from the faith. those that do along with satan will be destroyed... there is no rapture...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

hi I thought I'd throw this into the mix.

In 1 cor. 15:52 Paul says at the last trump, the trumpet will sound and the dead shall be raised...

so how many trumpets are there after the last trumpet?

In John 6:39,40,44,and 54 Jesus repeatedly says he will raise people up on the last day. So how many days are there after the last day?

We have no scripture for a pre trib rapture, and many that point to a first resurection nat the end of the age.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975

to JK

Please check out the post I put up here

a possible answser for rapture on worthy bords

I am not saying I am always right. But please look this over see what you think make up your own mind.

THis is a verry important topic to me and you can read why at the beging of this post

Guest jckduboise
Quote from 'jckduboise',...

"Can anyone tell me the scriptures that support the notion of Rapture? There are people I have spoken to who say they don't believe in it. I for one do, but have never read the word in the bible.

Please respond with Scripture that is the only way I will know for sure that it is a reality."

Your Sister in Christ

Jackie

------------------------------

------------------------------

Just a minor detail,....

The member known as 'jckduboise', is constantly being referred to in the 'male' tense.

Well,... call me carzy, or 'obsessive over details', but.....

kind'a think the 'signiture' is a dead give away..........

Think about it...(smiles)

(thank you dear LADY for your posts)

It was nice of you to notice, Windance. It has been some time since this thread was started, about 2 months ago in fact. I have since (I think) gotten the reputation of being a female..but hey who knows... :blink:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

The Rapture of the Church will occur when Christ returns for those that are His:

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

The word in verse 17 that is translated "caught up" is harp

Guest jckduboise

The Rapture of the Church will occur when Christ returns for those that are His:

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

The word in verse 17 that is translated "caught up" is harp

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  07/04/1947

After I asked this question last night I was going to dig through scripture for some answers but I did not need to. The Lord took me straight to Revelations 7 and 8. In 7 John speaks of the 4 angels in the 4 corners of the earth. The seals placed on the 144,000 from the 12 tribes. Then he continues on to speak of a great multitude so many he could not count who were suddenly there dressed in white robes from every nation and every language worshiping the Lord. Then he noticed all of the angels as well. The angel had asked John if he knew who they all were and John said you know. Chapter 8 goes on to the opening of the 7th seal and God's wrath being poured out onto the earth and all inhabitants of the earth.

If I interpreted this correctly then the "rapture" occurs before the opening of the 7 seals and the saints (us) are taken into heaven to witness and worship the Lord while the rest of the earth is left to endure the tribulation.

Greetings Jack Duboise,

When you consider exactly what the seal is that is placed on the 144,000 (supposedly) you will find that the "seal" is the Holy Spirit. I won't provide the numerous scriptures which reveal this, but then we continue:

Revelation 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Revelation 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

These multitudes are ALSO sealed, else they would never had their robes washed. John is seeing a panorama of ALL that will GO THROUGH THE GREAT TRIBULATION, as noted in 7:14.

There are many conjectures as to when the 7 seals are opened. But it is pretty accepted that they occur before the return of the Lord, which is at the end of the GREAT TRIBULATION. So just who is it that goes in a pre-trib rapture?

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Is not Rev. 4:1 key to when the church is caught up?