• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

I absolutely refuse to read the KJV because of all the KJV-onlyites that insist the NIV and all other modern translations are inspired by Satan himself. Where is the love, people?

YA know E4S------THAT isNOT a very "good" reason for NOT reading the KJV Bible-----I am NOT a KJV-only---either BUT "that" is the only one I read to study with, I can use any other one for more clarification sometimes, BUT NOT to read the KJV just because someone believes "that" one is the best translation is just kind-a- silly{imho}------

I am SO tired of hearing the phrase"where's the love people" any & every time someone makes a statement{sometimes very forcefully} about anything & everything, I just wanna be "SICK" to my stomach------"where's the love??--where's the love??---where's the love??"--------

EVERYONE has an OPINION & they're ENTITLED to that opinion, but to continually use that phrase{which implies they have NO LOVE} is "OVER-USED-& ABUSED" IMHO------- :x: :t2:

I'm with you Shadow. :t2:

I use the KJV . Usually I have no problem with it as it is the Bible I grew up with , but I'll use other versions for clarity sometimes or to help explain something to someone who has trouble understanding the KJV. I find beauty and comfort in it. And mine is so marked up, I would hate to have to start over in a new one. I just bought a new Bible cover to hold mine together..... :t2:

IR rose.gif

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

RcV (as always)...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

YA know E4S------THAT isNOT a very "good" reason for NOT reading the KJV Bible-----I am NOT a KJV-only---either BUT "that" is the only one I read to study with, I can use any other one for more clarification sometimes, BUT NOT to read the KJV just because someone believes "that" one is the best translation is just kind-a- silly{imho}------

I am SO tired of hearing the phrase"where's the love people" any & every time someone makes a statement{sometimes very forcefully} about anything & everything, I just wanna be "SICK" to my stomach------"where's the love??--where's the love??---where's the love??"--------

EVERYONE has an OPINION & they're ENTITLED to that opinion, but to continually use that phrase{which implies they have NO LOVE} is "OVER-USED-& ABUSED" IMHO------- :x:  :t2:

Wheres the Love, Gary? :t2:

I can really sympathize with E4S on this one. Having "discussed" this issue hundreds of times with Ruckmanites I can tell it can be quite unpleasant. Civil discourse is not something taught at his "Bible school."

Immediately upon hearing that you read a "new age" version they usually spew forth all types of curses and insinuations regarding your salvation or your intelligence.

Quite unpleasant. Rarely do you met a KJV-onlyists interested in a give and take discussion on manuscripts and translation principles. Its enough to make me nauseous just thinking about it. :t2:

However, I think E4S is being a bit facetious.

- Steve

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  891
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Wow - I realy enjoy J. I. Packer

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

KJV.

I use it to understand just how wrong the others are. :D:t2:

t.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  520
  • Birthday:  09/07/1974

My opinions of the KJV-onlyites is due to my reading into their view points and rejecting them. I can provide a ton of links from both sides. I have read all about "New-Age Bible Versions" and have heard about the RSV is actually the:

Reviled Sub-standard per-Version

I have had my salvation in question.

I have had my intelligence insulted.

I have been through this before. We have freedom in Christ and they seek to take it away. If someone is THAT worried about reading an accurate translation, why not just skip the translation altogether and learn ancient Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic?

The ORIGINAL 1611 King James Bible was translated by Catholics and included the aprophica (that I can't spell at all, by the way!).

All of the u's were actually v's and the word Son was spelled Sonne. Why not get the ORIGINAL KJV if you are going to be an only-KJV advocate? They are still available, you know.

KJV.

I use it to understand just how wrong the others are. :D:t2:

t.

I would like for you to give me an example of where the KJV is accurate and another translation is in error.

(By the way, do you believe in unicorns?)

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  582
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

E4S,

I think Ted is kidding. uuuuhhh I hope he is kidding.

- Steve

E4S,

I think Ted is kidding. uuuuhhh I hope he is kidding.

- Steve

Well, I am going to apologize for my passion I displayed in my previous posts here. I just get sick and tired of surfing the web to find a good website to look over and I see a drawing of a red demon holding out a Bible with the quote "Here, read our Bible, it will please your soul" and then it comes to find out that the Bible is the NIV.

They say that all English Non_KJV of the Bible are Satanic in origin. This is absurd!

Here is my favorite:

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Revelation 22:18-19

This is a quote from the Bible, but it is said that anybody who reads a non-KJV is unsaved. This sort of thing is legalism to its end.

The KJV has been revised 4 times since its original form, which is actually a revision of a prior-existing translation.