• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

God says He'll take care of His people through the trib. Some interpret that as Church, some Israel, some both, but either way He will take care of us. If He's for us, who can be against us? There's no other prep than this. ;)

I believe that the following implies that we can be near or far from God. I want to be as near as possible. And I know of no better way than persecution and tribulation to make us draw nigh unto God.

Jas 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse [your] hands, [ye] sinners; and purify [your] hearts, [ye] double minded.

Ro 5:3 And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

LT

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

No one is arguing about where or when Christ comes back, but the bible was given to read study and inwardly digest. The rapture is not mentioned (as such ), but the second coming of the Lord is. As I have mentiones many times in different forums, that I have my own view about things, but I don't argue about it. If the end times are not meant to be discussd, they wouldn't be in the bible. The NT is not only about the birth, the crucifiction, the resurrection and the ascention of Jesus. It is also about His return and if anyone doesn't like others pov, that differs from their own then don't post them. Only the Father knows. ;)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Oh for crying out loud! :taped: There is no definitive declaration about these things in scripture! I happen to go by Daniel's prophecy, and God's timeline for Israel. The New Testament references are not contradictory to it, and so I believe that. The whole concept is open to conjecture. The point is---are we ready to go when He calls?

Can you show me anywhere in Holy Writ (including the Book of Daniel) that indicates a

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Oh for crying out loud! :noidea: There is no definitive declaration about these things in scripture! I happen to go by Daniel's prophecy, and God's timeline for Israel. The New Testament references are not contradictory to it, and so I believe that. The whole concept is open to conjecture. The point is---are we ready to go when He calls?

Can you show me anywhere in Holy Writ (including the Book of Daniel) that indicates a

Oh for crying out loud! :emot-questioned: There is no definitive declaration about these things in scripture! I happen to go by Daniel's prophecy, and God's timeline for Israel. The New Testament references are not contradictory to it, and so I believe that. The whole concept is open to conjecture. The point is---are we ready to go when He calls?

Right. So I suppose every reliable church father and theologian was just not discerning spiritually. That's a very creative answer. For that I give you credit.

What do you mean "EVERY"? It is certainly possible, however that many theological scholars have not had that discernment we speak of--rather intellect, which is not enough.

Right. So I suppose every reliable church father and theologian was just not discerning spiritually. That's a very creative answer. For that I give you credit.

What do you mean "EVERY"? It is certainly possible, however that many theological scholars have not had that discernment we speak of--rather intellect, which is not enough.

So ignorance is now better than intellect?

sw

No--the Holy Spirit supersedes all intellect and learned scholarliness!

So to study the Bible using sound theological principles, knowledge of the original languages and customs and culture of the day is a waste of time? You believe we just sit back and the Holy Spirit enlightens us to the level of a Luther or Augustine? Is that what you are saying?

sw

So to study the Bible using sound theological principles, knowledge of the original languages and customs and culture of the day is a waste of time? You believe we just sit back and the Holy Spirit enlightens us to the level of a Luther or Augustine? Is that what you are saying?

sw

Of course! Principles? God is the author of those! All those things are helps of course, but are not necessary to a life of fruitfulness before a Mighty God King! Anyone who pronounces such stuff reminds me of the Pharisees. You must know what Jesus thought of them!

I am thinking of a young woman from our city and our church here, originally from China who went back to China this summer. She smuggled in her Bible. She gave it to her father, who is a governmental official there. He read it and accepted Jesus as Saviour. He led his wife to the Lord as well. When this young woman left China she told her parents that they had to tell others, which they did. The father smuggled that Bible into the local prison where his friend was incarcerated and he became saved! He smuggled the Bible out of the prison to others on the outside!

Do you think that these people are interested in Luther or Augustine? Hardly! They have the King of the Universe at their disposal! Even without the written Word, they are rich in the knowledge of Jesus Christ!!