• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I agree boblandis!

I think...and i am not talking about anyone in here...but i think that some christians have become very passive and Politically Correct and WATERED DOWN. it is SATANS way of weaking us to accept what he is ready to give!  The next thing we know GAYS will be accpeted along with their lifesyle.  NO....WE are NOT judgeing by the intent of our hearts...WE are reading the word of GOD and hearing GOD judge people.  We are being lead by the HS to STAY AWAY...WE are being WARNED by GOD.  MAN its good to have JESUS ain't it???

GEL

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Pointing our heresy isn't judging but be careful that you are accurate in your pointing out.  Also, God knows the heart and motives we do not and cannot claim to.  When you post things that appear to point to the fact of false motives you will be accused of judging.  The fruit of Benny Hinn is obvious enough. His doctrine is in error, but we don't know why he does the things he does and can't claim to know that unless Benny has told us personally he is in it for the money or whatever.

Blessings and peace to all

• Content Count:  7

LOL! Lanakila,I doubt benny is gonna come and tell us he's in it for the money. He doesn't need to come right out and admit anything. His actions, his words, his false prophecies, false teachings amongst everything else, is enough proof for even the lay man. Are you saying we should not say anything until benny admits with his mouth what he has done?We'll be waiting a long long time.

George thanks for that scripture.;)

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,787
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Just trying to keep in the spirit of the conversation :biggrin:

Honestly, to point out false doctrine is a GOOD trait, but what tends to happen is that our PRIDE sneaks in and we believe that we are the only ones with the TRUTH, when in actuality we all do not know anything, as we ought to know.

With much agape love,

George

Quote: from George on 3:43 pm on Feb. 7, 2002

Just trying to keep in the spirit of the conversation :biggrin:

Honestly, to point out false doctrine is a GOOD trait, but what tends to happen is that our PRIDE sneaks in and we believe that we are the only ones with the TRUTH, when in actuality we all do not know anything, as we ought to know.

With much agape love,

George

AMEN!!! WELL SAID!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

I agree with Watchman ,George and say a big Amen too.

Angels

You're very right George and If I've come across like I know everything, please forgive me. I learn everyday and I would never want pride to come in and stunt my growth. I know when the Spirit speaks to me and I take that word you wrote and keep it in mind. God Bless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

Please believe me, I am anything but a know it all. I am definitely not the most intelligent person in the world. these televangelists motives are easy for me to distinguish after me and my friends had a run in with the likes of Ted Armstrong growing up in California. It would be too long to explain here but I could tell you how the intricate workings go on behind the scenes of what seems to be good works. I have horror stories that I can tell you for hours. All of the heretic televangelists have character patterns that are the same if you take the time to study them. The only reason I say anything about them at all is I still have the memories of many hurt people and families still etched in my mind until this day.

I agree with George, yet I think that if we stay fervant in the Word, we will have the Truth.  The Word of God is the Truth.  Benny often does his services without using the Word.  I understood what you were saying about Revelations.  He was not happy with them because they had done so many "good" things, yet they had left their first love(Christ).

I think a great verse for this discussion is this one.

Hebrews 5:14

"But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."

You want to know why people fall for the Flase doctrine?  Because they have not exercised their senses in the word.  Its by reason of use(using the word) that we are able to discern the differance between good and evil. What we all need to do is Exercise our spirit man more often, before he becomes lazy and weak.

My brother and I were discussing this issue last night and he made some very good points.

Those that follow false teachers and prophets follow out of their own greed and their own worldly desires. That God allowed these false teachers and prophets to come in order to "weed out" the ones that are lead by selfish desires and those that truly follow the Lord out of pure love for HIM.

Those that follow false teachings enjoy the "easy christianity". In other words, let the preacher give them an emotional experience, let the preacher tickle their ears with promises of wealth, health, and power. They like hearing that God can be our "hook up" line. Name it, claim it and it's yours! Too many christians are deceived because they want to be blessed. Gimme, Gimme, Gimme!! Who are we that we would treat God as a genie? Who are we that we would demand anything from God? We are saved by his grace. We are blessed that he allows us to breathe another moment.

I realized that my brother was right. That ultimately, the responsibility lies in the believer. whether he/she will be carried away with what sounds good and makes them feel good and what they can get out of God, or whether we will live by God's commandments, truly get out there and be a christian, that means doing the dirty work. God didn't call us to go and sit under a teacher and be mindless, he didn't call us to turn on the t.v. to get our ears tickled, give a little money and wait on God to pour out his blessings. He's looking for those that are true believers that would even die for him.

There will be Benny Hinns and Kenneth Copeland's all over the place. God is looking for those that will discern the truth and lies. Those that will humble themselves before HIM, not demand from him. Those that really understand that it is by grace we are saved and that we are entitled to NOTHING! What God allows us to have is what we will have. Period. You can name it and claim it all day long and it will not change God. Nothing you say or do can change him or his ways.

So I learned that it is ultimately by our own selfishness and greed that we fall into deceit. Thank you Jesus for your truth!!