angels4u

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

The idea of an 'age of accounatbility' is a false one since the Bible clearly teaches that 'all have sinned and come short of the glory of God' and that all who have been born die, therefore all have sinned.... even the preborn and recent born...

An 'age of accountability' is neither a Biblical teaching nor is it sound Christianity.

The scripture,apostles, Christ and all else have alwasy taught that no man is without sin and none are exempt...even children

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't meant the age of accountability started at conception in the Jewish culture. :laugh: I was thinking to myself I guess. What I meant was, I wonder if Jesus would have been 11 by our time and 12 by the age of conception? Just a fleeting thought. I get those sometimes. ;)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

I don't think you can put a number on it at all.m It can range from 6-16. I beleive its when the child has learned right from wrong, and can conscientiously think to themselves, "this is wrong, I shouldn't do this, but I will anyways."

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

I agree with you Andrew, When a child learns right from wrong that child has reached the age of accountability,but that IMHO, and I wont argue.

cheers.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

The idea of an 'age of accounatbility' is a false one since the Bible clearly teaches that 'all have sinned and come short of the glory of God' and that all who have been born die, therefore all have sinned.... even the preborn and recent born...

An 'age of accountability' is neither a Biblical teaching nor is it sound Christianity.

The scripture,apostles, Christ and all else have alwasy taught that no man is without sin and none are exempt...even children

Please tell me we're not going to start the babies in Hell debate again?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I did not have time to read all of the postings here, and most likely someone has already said this, but I thought I would add my 2cents.

Being in the mission of Children's Evangelism, I would like to add that it is dependent upon the maturity of the child. But the prominent factor is...........whether or not the child is old enough to grasp the concept of "sin". If they do not understand that, then they cannot understand the sacrifice that Christ paid for them. In other words, if a child cannot grasp sin, then he/she cannot take hold of the fact that they are a sinner themselves. That is a foundational point for a child to be lead to the Lord, they must be able to understand why Christ died on the cross. I lead several after-school Bible studies and we witness to children every day. You can really see, when a child understands, and when they don't. You know "most of the time" when they understand the concept of sin, because one who is not old enough, does not grasp it, or does not understand yet, that they have sinned themselves. The ones who do, can quite clearly talk about their own sin, and very readily do. But the age varies. I would have to say that 12 is a good standard though, simply because by then, the child has the mental capacity to understand sin.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Actually, I don't think there is a age either, its a matter of the heart and only God knows that.

God knows when a person willfully reject His Son and want to do their own thing.

He will keep a person accountible in His time frame He knows the intent of a persons heart.

Just my opininon. :huh:

Angels

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I agree with Angels and tsth.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  520
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/07/1974

I say that because I heard on TV when they quoted from an old Hindu book that was written by a non-messianic Jew who was living under the roof of an Islamic descendant (although not an Arab, but an Asian) that it was when someone was able to mutter the phrase, "Big bad and bored Buddah brough books by borrowing blue glue from you."

If you don't agree with me, you are unsaved. :t2:

:huh::):):t2: