IGNORED

Can your name be blotted out of the Lamb's Book of Life?

Phil.2:12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

16 minutes ago, Limey_Bob said:

I think that people need to ask first of all, what even is the  ...lambs book of life? The book of Revelation is a book of symbols, so could I be correct in assuming that this is merely a figurative representation of God's foreknowledge, given to us as a book, not because it is literally some book, but in order to help us to understand that being omniscient God certainly does possess foreknowledge.

The Lamb's Book of Life is also known as the Book of Life and is mentioned 8 times in the New Testament., not just Revelation.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

The Lamb's Book of Life is also known as the Book of Life and is mentioned 8 times in the New Testament., not just Revelation.

Thank you, I will do a search and possibly revise my post. thanks.

Question: "Is it possible for a person's name to be erased from the Book of Life?"

Answer: 
Revelation 22:19 says, “And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book” (KJV). This verse is usually involved in the debate concerning eternal security. Does Revelation 22:19 mean that, after a person’s name is written in the Lamb’s Book of Life, it can at some time in the future be erased? In other words, can a Christian lose his salvation?

First, Scripture is clear that a true believer is kept secure by the power of God, sealed for the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30), and of all those whom the Father has given to the Son, He will lose none of them (John 6:39). The Lord Jesus Christ proclaimed, “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand” (John 10:28–29b). Salvation is God’s work, not ours (Titus 3:5), and it is His power that keeps us.

If the “anyone” referred to in Revelation 22:19 are not believers, who are they? In other words, who might want to either add to or take away from the words of the Bible? Most likely, this tampering with God’s Word would be done not by true believers but by those who only profess to be Christians and who suppose that their names are in the Book of Life. Generally speaking, the two main groups who have traditionally tampered with God’s revelation are pseudo-Christian cults and those who hold to very liberal theological beliefs. Many cults and theological liberals claim the name of Christ as their own, but they are not “born again”—the definitive biblical term for a Christian. MORE

Additional related topics for study:

Question: "Eternal security - is it biblical?"

The most powerful argument for eternal security is Romans 8:38-39, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Our eternal security is based on God's love for those whom He has redeemed. Our eternal security is purchased by Christ, promised by the Father, and sealed by the Holy Spirit.

6 minutes ago, Limey_Bob said:

Thank you, I will do a search and possibly revise my post. thanks.

I gave a link in my post, if you care to use it.  

6 minutes ago, Danger Noodle said:

Question: "Is it possible for a person's name to be erased from the Book of Life?"

Answer: 
Revelation 22:19 says, “And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book” (KJV). This verse is usually involved in the debate concerning eternal security. Does Revelation 22:19 mean that, after a person’s name is written in the Lamb’s Book of Life, it can at some time in the future be erased? In other words, can a Christian lose his salvation?

First, Scripture is clear that a true believer is kept secure by the power of God, sealed for the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30), and of all those whom the Father has given to the Son, He will lose none of them (John 6:39). The Lord Jesus Christ proclaimed, “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand” (John 10:28–29b). Salvation is God’s work, not ours (Titus 3:5), and it is His power that keeps us.

If the “anyone” referred to in Revelation 22:19 are not believers, who are they? In other words, who might want to either add to or take away from the words of the Bible? Most likely, this tampering with God’s Word would be done not by true believers but by those who only profess to be Christians and who suppose that their names are in the Book of Life. Generally speaking, the two main groups who have traditionally tampered with God’s revelation are pseudo-Christian cults and those who hold to very liberal theological beliefs. Many cults and theological liberals claim the name of Christ as their own, but they are not “born again”—the definitive biblical term for a Christian. MORE

Additional related topics for study:

Question: "Eternal security - is it biblical?"

Not sure which thread I posted this question in, but to the best of my knowledge, it was never answered.  Perhaps you can give it a go?

Jesus, in the beginning verses of Revelation 3, speaks to the church of Sardis.  In these verses He states:

“And to the angel of the church in Sardis write,

‘These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: “I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead.  Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God. Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.  You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”’

So I have to ask, if these are not Christians, what have they received and heard that Jesus would warn them to hold fast to and repent from if it is not salvation and the truth of His words?   What are non-Christians to overcome?  Wouldn't Jesus tell them to turn to Him for salvation?  Sure sounds to me like He is addressing the saved.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

19 minutes ago, Danger Noodle said:

Well as the book of Life is God's record of who is his, his forknowledge pictured as a book (i.e. Psalm 69:28), and as Jesus Christ is both fully Yahweh God and also fully man, I would say that the lamb's book of life must be the same as the book of life, because, as God the Son both possesses and knows everything that his Father possesses and knows (John 5:19-20), and that must include foreknowledge. Sorry Danger Noodle, I did not read the question properly, so thank you for your pointing it out to me.

The most powerful argument for eternal security is Romans 8:38-39, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Our eternal security is based on God's love for those whom He has redeemed. Our eternal security is purchased by Christ, promised by the Father, and sealed by the Holy Spirit.

I have also addressed these verses in prior threads.  To me, nothing will ever be able to separate a follower of Christ from His love and salvation if they want to remain in Him.  Everything mentioned in these verses are external forces.  Nothing is ever mentioned about if a person has chosen to return to sin and turn their back on God, which does happen to even the most devote Christians from time to time.  People do fall from Grace.  Now, notice one thing not mentioned, the internal desire ... the person themselves.

Yes, this is highly controversial and the vast amount of replies I receive is that they were never true believers.  To me, those statements are only comfort statements to those who do not believe a person can turn from God with the free will we are given.   If this is true, then Lucifer would never of left Gods grace and sinned against God.  When Satan gains a foothold in a persons life, due to sin, there is always the possibility to turn from God.  We can see this in James 5:19-20:

Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

Eternal security belongs to those who's hearts remain toward God.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

26 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I have also addressed these verses in prior threads.  To me, nothing will ever be able to separate a follower of Christ from His love and salvation if they want to remain in Him. 

-

OneLight, The problem with your argument is the same for all who trust in themselves, in their own self righteousness,  to keep themselves saved.......= and that is their problem, and that is your issue also.

Everything you have written in your post denies the Savior His do, denies the Blood of Jesus the very power it has to eternally redeem by its very nature, and instead you took upon yourself HIS PLACE, His Blood, and His Cross, the very second you decided that God's Grace is based on your decision to keep it and not on God's sacrifice as the reason you remain HIS.

Let me put a fine light on it for you so that you can see yourself., Onlight, as God sees you..     You are claiming that being born again, being blood bought, being redeemed by the Lamb of God....is TEMPORARY, and isn't based on God keeping you as His, but rather on you keeping you as His., and THAT is "works based salvation", and THAT is Galatians 1:8.

See, "another Gospel" is any theology that substitutes something for God's grace, as the sole means to save us and keep us saved., and that includes what you are describing.

Onelight, have you ever noticed that you've never read this statment in your New Testament......"whomever....who was ONCE a Son of God". ??

There is a reason for that...

Edited by Behold

25 minutes ago, Limey_Bob said:

Well as the book of Life is God's record of who is his, his forknowledge pictured as a book (i.e. Psalm 69:28), and as Jesus Christ is both fully Yahweh God and also fully man, I would say that the lamb's book of life must be the same as the book of life, because, as God the Son both possesses and knows everything that his Father possesses and knows (John 5:19-20), and that must include foreknowledge. Sorry Danger Noodle, I did not read the question properly, so thank you for your pointing it out to me.

You're most welcome brother. :)