IGNORED

Dec 21, 2012

mathqueen

Personally, my belief is this:

The world (as we know it) will end one day, and Christ will create a new heaven and a new earth.

But of more importance to us is this:

I believe that the world ends when we die......for us, (individually), at least.

Suppose I die tomorrow..........I believe that the world has then ended for me, anyway. I won't see any more of the world, or have any part in it, until Christ shows up.

Following that logic......the world could end for each one of us, at any moment.

Strange, I know.......and maybe others on here would disagree with me. :wub:

:thumbsup:

That's a slightly different way of looking at it! :)

As far as the "end of the world" goes, I went through the personal version: losing everything to drugs and all that, then finally turning to the Lord. I've already "lost it all" in the material sense, and there's plenty of "debris" left from where my life crashed and burned. The difference is that now I know the Lord -- and whether I step into eternity by rapture or death its all just a new beginning. A beginning where we'll get to see His face!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Personally, my belief is this:

The world (as we know it) will end one day, and Christ will create a new heaven and a new earth.

But of more importance to us is this:

I believe that the world ends when we die......for us, (individually), at least.

Suppose I die tomorrow..........I believe that the world has then ended for me, anyway. I won't see any more of the world, or have any part in it, until Christ shows up.

Following that logic......the world could end for each one of us, at any moment.

Strange, I know.......and maybe others on here would disagree with me. :emot-hug:

:emot-hug:

That's a slightly different way of looking at it! :noidea:

As far as the "end of the world" goes, I went through the personal version: losing everything to drugs and all that, then finally turning to the Lord. I've already "lost it all" in the material sense, and there's plenty of "debris" left from where my life crashed and burned. The difference is that now I know the Lord -- and whether I step into eternity by rapture or death its all just a new beginning. A beginning where we'll get to see His face!

different? maybe but also quite true.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Why is it that "Christians" are so fascinated with pagan religions and pagan prophecies?

Its pathetic. The world will not end on 2012, its a Biblical impossibility for the "End of the World" to occur for at least a THOUSAND years, because the "End of Time" does not happen until a thousand years after the tribulation.

Even Isaac Newton once wrote a paper showing how it was Biblically impossible for Jesus second coming to occur before 2049.

So please, please, "Christians" quit reading this crap and quit confusing Baal or your other favorite pagan deity with Jehovah.

I was simply quoting what the program stated in my original post and was sincerely seeking the thoughts of others and a correct perspective, not their judgement on me or anyone else's being a "Christian." I'm sorry my interest in this story is "pathetic" to you, but it was an honest question seeking more information and a godly perspective on the issue. I thank all of you who responded with scripture and truth as well as kindness and love. :emot-highfive:

My perspective is that God is Sovereign and the world belongs to Him. Some things are perverted - Yes. but The ENTIRE world is God's.

what i mean to say is that God is behind everything. He is not just contained in a box of the Bible, the church walls, christian music and literature - some of His Truth and Light is everywhere. if i can see an acorn seed die, and an oak tree seedling sprout and see God, can i not see the mind that created the mayan calendar and see God there too?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Just reading this. The ones discussing the age of the earth may have stopped following this but I was wondering if they had heard of the theory of Gerald Schroeder. He is a nuclear physicist who believes in 6 literal days of creation AND that the earth is 15 billion years old (approx). I wouldn't attempt to explain his theory but if you are interested his web site is:

http://www.geraldschroeder.com/

By the way, he is Jewish. Its very interesting reading but not for the mathmatically faint at heart :thumbsup:

anyway he has a really neat website.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

Just reading this. The ones discussing the age of the earth may have stopped following this but I was wondering if they had heard of the theory of Gerald Schroeder. He is a nuclear physicist who believes in 6 literal days of creation AND that the earth is 15 billion years old (approx). I wouldn't attempt to explain his theory but if you are interested his web site is:

http://www.geraldschroeder.com/

By the way, he is Jewish. Its very interesting reading but not for the mathmatically faint at heart :)

anyway he has a really neat website.

:whistling::24: I'm a math teacher. Pretty sure I'll LOVE it!! :thumbsup::)

Guest jesus+me=love
Does anyone have any real knowledge/thoughts about the Mayan calendar's date for the end of the world as we know it? On this date, scientists and modern astronomers state that the sun and the earth will be in perfect alignment with the center of the Milky Way galaxy. This only happens once every 25,800 years. Scientists are not sure what the effect will be, but it is possible magnetic currents will spin in opposite directions, or there may be a field effect reversal. Some believe the positions of the north and south poles would shift, which would cause worldwide disaster. Although this event seems farfetched, this pole shift is backed by science. Thoughts? I must admit, I'm freaked. I shouldn't be because God is in control, and Jesus is coming again. How many of you think this is the date He will return (even though I know the Bible states no one will know the exact time/date), based on known facts/predictions about what will happen?

you know when there was land in between england and france yeah, well it was flooded and that what is hapening no with global warming.

god is a continuous creator and thats is what is happening in my opinion gods got his hand over us. anyway jesus has to come and in the bible it says that there will be disasters and wars but god will rescue us so don't freak!

god bless love your brother fran

Guest wonderinwanda

Look what this guy wrote in the year 1999, about our present day wars with Iraq, about the World Trade Center bombings, and about what our every day life would soon be like in America. All of it obviously describing these and a zillion other things, years before they ever took place. As Americans we had better hope his last prophecies are not as accurate as the eighty or so that are spelled out in these 1999 prophecies. All of it documented with over a hundred recent photos. Better hope this guy is wrong with his very descriptive prophecies re: the America he says we are soon to see.

http://www.americas-demise.org/161_Woe_To_America_n-i.html

http://www.americas-demise.org/162_OUR_IRAQ_WARS_n-i.html

http://www.americas-demise.org/35_W_T_C_n-i.html

God bless you brothers and sisters!

Wanda

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

just a fun fact

the TV series the x files gave the same date but aliens were comming not the Lord

it was the end of the world because of the alien ivasion not the return of the Lord

so now we have 2 verifcations of the date lol

personally I don't worry about either one of them

In Christ

IreneM

Guest Living_Angel

The only way the endtimes will happen is if the proper truth is spoken, for this one must enter the docks for heaven & hell and know the engraved texts upon the walls.