• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

I read a book review of a book called 'The Death of the Grown-up' by Diana West. A phrase from the book really stuck with me: 'You can't go on forever being tolerant or you will be subsumed'.

This along with the 'God's Warriors' series on CNN these last 3 nights have really made me think. CNN aired on 3 consecutive nights Jewish Warriors, Islamic Warriors and Christian Warriors. My first thought that in comparison, the phrase 'christian warrior' is an oxymoron. True, there are issues we are fighting for such as public prayer but are we fighting for Jesus? Is there such a thing as being too tolerant of other religions? the world knows what radical islam means, but what is radical christianity?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I read a book review of a book called 'The Death of the Grown-up' by Diana West. A phrase from the book really stuck with me: 'You can't go on forever being tolerant or you will be subsumed'.

This along with the 'God's Warriors' series on CNN these last 3 nights have really made me think. CNN aired on 3 consecutive nights Jewish Warriors, Islamic Warriors and Christian Warriors. My first thought that in comparison, the phrase 'christian warrior' is an oxymoron. True, there are issues we are fighting for such as public prayer but are we fighting for Jesus? Is there such a thing as being too tolerant of other religions? the world knows what radical islam means, but what is radical christianity?

I must have missed this last evening. I am suprised no-one has answer. In relation to radical islam, i would say blowing up abortion clinics is pretty radical

I do not think that there is anything wrong with trying to change certain things using governmental laws today. But personally I do not like appearing to seem the same as the other groups. We are the ones who stand out because we have Jesus. Our rights are being taken away fast in not only the christian world but in other religions here in America as well Where I live there are a tremendous amount of hasidic communities and they get harrassed as well by so called town ordinances, county laws and such. But many people around also are not understanding If the christian/hebrews got together there is power. But there is so much prejudism.... I think ALL things are to be done in prayer first, but if there is very little difference seen between the christians and other groups I don't like to be associated with the christians. All things should be done in order and as pleasant as possible. I hope I am making sense. it is 3:40 a.m. here...just saw the clock gotta go.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Remember:

Ephesians 6:11-13 (New King James Version)

Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

We are in a spiritual war where there is no radicalism. It is when we take it to the world that we can cause it to become radical, for we tend to fall into the flesh. Attack that which is evil, not those who are in evils will. Pray for them instead, so they may know the Love of Jesus and be set free onto salvation.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Is there such a thing as being too tolerant of other religions?

In my opinion, yes. When we bend over backwards to pretend that islam is a 'religion of peace', when it's not a religion at all, and subjugate our own beliefs to avoid offending or inflaming these radicals, then we are being TOO tolerant. Tolerating extremist murderers who adhere to a satanic cult and it's twisted beliefs is a recipe for annhilation. :)

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Our example is Jesus. The way He dealt with people and situations should be our way. He never compromised...but he always used love to change people. Whenever He was trying to make a point to the Pharisees, He did the right thing and let them get upset and challenge Him....He healed people on the Sabbath, for example. He did not change, but through love tried to change others. He had a long talk with the Samaritan woman (a real no-no for the Jews). He gathered food on the Sabbath (oops...another no-no). But the only time He became all out angry was when He found people using the Temple for the wrong purposes. He didn't "blow them up" (and neither should we kill to stop the murder of babies in an abortion clinic), but when God's temple was being used for the personal gain of the money-changers, He took issue.

In Acts chapter 4, Peter and John were arrested for preaching about Jesus and healing in His name. They were commanded "...not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus". Acts 4:18. What did they do? Well, they got together with other believers, they praised God and asked for boldness to speak His word. That's why they went right back to preaching! In chapter 5 they are arrested again and the high priest is very unhappy that they didn't stop preaching because he said to. The answer they gave was ".....We ought to obey God rather than men." Acts 5:29. That's what we need to do today, obey God rather than men.

You are right, we must put on the full armor of God, because it is a spiritual war. We must fight it without compromise, but with Jesus as our example.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I do believe God calls us for warfare, so in that sense, we are Christian spiritual warriors.

"For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought

into captivity to the obedience of Christ". (2 Corinthians 10:3,4)

I do believe there is such a thing as being too tolerant of other religions, such as Radical Islam, We should never be tolerant of violence and wickedness.

Radical christianity, Yes I do believe there is such a thing as radical christianity, For example, some christian cult like groups where bombing abortion clinics, and spreading that God hates america. I don't believe that they are true Christians, just blind giving an example of radical cults.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/24/1975

Our example is Jesus. The way He dealt with people and situations should be our way. He never compromised...but he always used love to change people. Whenever He was trying to make a point to the Pharisees, He did the right thing and let them get upset and challenge Him....He healed people on the Sabbath, for example. He did not change, but through love tried to change others. He had a long talk with the Samaritan woman (a real no-no for the Jews). He gathered food on the Sabbath (oops...another no-no). But the only time He became all out angry was when He found people using the Temple for the wrong purposes. He didn't "blow them up" (and neither should we kill to stop the murder of babies in an abortion clinic), but when God's temple was being used for the personal gain of the money-changers, He took issue.

In Acts chapter 4, Peter and John were arrested for preaching about Jesus and healing in His name. They were commanded "...not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus". Acts 4:18. What did they do? Well, they got together with other believers, they praised God and asked for boldness to speak His word. That's why they went right back to preaching! In chapter 5 they are arrested again and the high priest is very unhappy that they didn't stop preaching because he said to. The answer they gave was ".....We ought to obey God rather than men." Acts 5:29. That's what we need to do today, obey God rather than men.

You are right, we must put on the full armor of God, because it is a spiritual war. We must fight it without compromise, but with Jesus as our example.

<>< ><>

Nathele

NICE ONE! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/07/1981

Agreed, and good post here...we must be careful, though, not to let the Biblical view of Christian tolerance slip away into the Postmodern, politically-correct version of "tolerance" that is eating up our culture like a cancer...

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Sometimes, I think Christians are viewed as too "intolerant," such as in situations like when the Da Vinci Code came out. There was such an uproar about it that I think the movie got more business because people wanted to see what the controversy was about. We need to always be wary and discerning.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

I look at it like this. Iraq is a primarily Muslim country. If Islam taught terrorism, then most of Iraq would be terrorists. Therefore we would be fighting everybody in Iraq, instead of just radical Islam, which teaches terrorism.

From dictionary.com;

2. thoroughgoing or extreme, esp. as regards change from accepted or traditional forms: a radical change in the policy of a company.

When it comes to radical Christianity, indeed abortion clinic bombings do qualify under that. As does a website that gave personal information, Plate numbers, home addresses, and workplace locations. When those doctors performing abortion died, they would cross their name of the list. Sickening.

The KKK explicitly adverstises itself as a Christian organization. In the 1920's, their membership numbered in the millions, and they paraded en masse through DC.

They may indeed profess Christ as saviour, making them "Christian" enough. Maybe instead of going "those people aren't Christians, lets ignore them completely" and have the problem still exist, we should say "those are very bad Christians, maybe we should correct them."

But as far as it goes to having gay/bi/Non-Christian neighbours and attitudes regarding them, it won't hurt you to let them exist. It isn't going to kill you to not antagonise them.