Jefinner

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

The same thing has been happening to me since I accepted the Lord. It is exactly what you suspected; satan's attempts to pull you away from the Lord. Fight it and keep your focus. The evil one is powerless as long as you hold on to your faith. Order the demonic influences out of your house and your life by invoking the name of Jesus. Do this every day if you have to. I will pray for your continued success in dealing with these things. I know it can be very trying. :thumbsup:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

If Satan ISN'T attacking you, then you aren't a threat...and you need to get closer to God fast! We are in a battle whether we like it or not. Why help the devil by being passive?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Hi Kari, I dont think its a case of being passive....is it.... more like, more like giving him the flick.

James 4:7. Be subject to God, therefore, resist the devil and he shall flee from you. Glory2000 is right. Take a walk around your house every now and then and ask the Lord to rebuke him in Jesus' name..........worked for me.......years and years ago and never noticed him since. Ya gotta get him on the run. :emot-drool:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/03/1989

He sure does. I had an experience in my life recently where demons were possessing ppl around me to make me think everyone was part of some organization that was going to physically torture me unless i killed myself. I would not believe that this was the devil and thought ppl were really doing this to me or i was going crazy. I ran from college scared to death and went to several hospitals taking several mediacations that did NOTHING. Satan knows the potential i have and wanted me DEAD. In my opinion in america most ppl even believers have NO CLUE how much Satan is working in our lives. Just because ppl arent slithering around and cutting themselves does not mean they are not possessed/or being used by the devil to fulfill his purpose against the children of God. Anyways i recently realized what was happening and explained everything to my doctor and he has taken me off of medications and believes i am "getting better" (i had no illness) because of my "belief" in God. Ive seen spiritual possession and in america satan is doing it incognito which is much much scarier when you consider the implications. Once you realize this the devil no longer cares to remain anonymous when he attacks you. Here are a few examples of some attacks ive had. Nightmares where I realize later in the dream that i am in hell. over and over and over every night extremely vivid and realistic dreams. They have finally started to ease up once i realized this was the devil attacking me and i rebuke him using scripture. If i have one now i laugh when i wake up cuz i no that positonally since the Holy spirit dwells in me and Christ dwells in heaven i am in fact already with Him in heaven. Another besides his murder plot against me was i was driving my car raising my Bible up in the air praising God and a car pulled up next to me and a guy looked over at me glaring like he wanted to kill me and raised up a Bible and shook his fist at me. THIS WAS POSSESSION! I said simply the Lord will deliver me from every evil attack and bring me safely into His heavenly kingdom. Another i was at shopnsave at 5 in the morning with my father and was waiting outside my car for him to come out. about 5 suvs pulled up at 5 in the morning at an empty parking lot with no reason to be there at all. "The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom" BOOM THEY SPED OFF! now that i understand that ppl werent doing this to me and im not crazy (since ive taked 20 different meds and none helped me) by trusting in God I immediately recognized his attacks and use scripture/singing hymns to defeat him. I tried resisting the devil everyway i could besides trusting God. Trust me God is the only one who can deliver you from some1 as powerful as the devil because God is all powerful! Anyways im going back to college in the fall and everything God delivers. nice job lltimbs patricia1 and floatingaxe btw. You guys are true believers. :emot-drool:

You certainly ARE a powerful tool for God. No wonder satan worked so hard to fool you.

Today was a typical morning in my house. I woke up at 6:30am and made coffee. My daughter was in the shower. I woke my son up and layed out his clothes for him to dress himself. After he was finished, we started on his homework. By the time he was eating his breakfast, I realized that my daughter was not making any noise from her bedroom and I walked in to find her sleeping again. She was now going to be late for school. She quickly got dressed and I went back into the kitchen to be verbally battered by my unsaved husband. He was yelling at me and cursing and saying horrible things to me. This did not help anything but only made the situation worse. I tried to explain this to him but he refused to leave the kitchen. I continued to get my son ready to walk out the door and hurried my daughter again. My husband continued to spit curses at me, calling me a failure and telling me he was going to laugh at me every time my daughter is late for school and he is documenting every time so he can use it against me. I was crying by the time I was in the car, driving my daughter to school. She was only late by a few minutes but satan took advantage of this and made the whole experience mortifying for all of us. I prayed, on my way home, that God would make him stay away from me somehow, so I could make the rest of my son's morning pleasant for him before school. Little did I know, God had already had a plan, my husband informed me that he had been called into work early. What a relief. I thanked God over coffee and laundry. He is truly Good.

Spiritual attacks come in MANY forms. I didn't blame my husband. I didn't blame my daughter. I knew who it was working against me this morning but I also knew who he was REALLY fighting. God is by my side and satan doesn't stand a chance.

I can relate to you here. My case isn't as bad, but my mom and sister curse horribly. Especially my little sister. I don't get angry or upset at them, but rather sad that they would say what the devil is wanting them to say, and that they don't realize they are neglecting their soul. Heh, all I can do is talk to them and more importantly, pray.

In Reply to Topic

When I first got saved, the thoughts and nightmares were awful. I didn't have an appetite for 2 weeks. I couldn't sleep peacefully for 2 weeks. All sorts of blasphemous words were in my head, and they were loud in my head. Things that, had I said them, I would have probably sealed my doom in hell. And when satan puts thoughts in your head, it can be deceiving. You think they're your thoughts because they're swimming around in your noggin. At one point I had thought "Maybe I am really not saved. Perhaps God has handed my mind over to the enemy. And if I can't have God. No one else will!" I could feel my heart becoming bitter. I didn't want anyone else to have God if I couldn't. But God found a way. He wasn't going to let me go off the deep end. The thoughts are gone now, but I still battle with other thoughts and nightmares. I trust that God will take them away as well.

Edited by Great Falls

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

I can relate to you here. My case isn't as bad, but my mom and sister curse horribly. Especially my little sister. I don't get angry or upset at them, but rather sad that they would say what the devil is wanting them to say, and that they don't realize they are neglecting their soul. Heh, all I can do is talk to them and more importantly, pray.

Cursing doesn't bother me. I grew up around it and I'm used to it. It was the force behind the verbal attack. It was the look in the eyes and the gritted teeth and the absolute hate. This is how I knew he was being used as a pawn. He could have said what he said without one curse word and it would have had the same force behind it and the same effect. I've felt this in him before. One time he came after me and I felt a rush of wind fly past me and then he stopped, before he got to me, and calmed down instantly.

This is why I don't worry any more. I know I'm protected by God. The most upsetting thing is that it's my husband, the man I love.

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Cursing doesn't bother me. I grew up around it and I'm used to it. It was the force behind the verbal attack. It was the look in the eyes and the gritted teeth and the absolute hate. This is how I knew he was being used as a pawn. He could have said what he said without one curse word and it would have had the same force behind it and the same effect. I've felt this in him before. One time he came after me and I felt a rush of wind fly past me and then he stopped, before he got to me, and calmed down instantly.

This is why I don't worry any more. I know I'm protected by God. The most upsetting thing is that it's my husband, the man I love.

I go thru this also. the difference with me is that my husband claims to be a believer. but he is the one who questions my salvation, accuses me of being judgmental, self-righteous, and will even sneer about my becoming spiritually mature. i just remind myself that God is the only one capable of loving me unconditionally and that my husband is an imperfect human being just like i am. i hope i can become as assured as you are.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I go thru this also. the difference with me is that my husband claims to be a believer. but he is the one who questions my salvation, accuses me of being judgmental, self-righteous, and will even sneer about my becoming spiritually mature. i just remind myself that God is the only one capable of loving me unconditionally and that my husband is an imperfect human being just like i am. i hope i can become as assured as you are.

Yes.. and you know who really is the accuser of the brethren...

I have always said that if lucifer is hanging around then he has come to kill, to steal and destroy or that you are doing something right, bound for a blessing as well. sometimes that little sly sneek wants to make us think better of him...but he is one of the Lords greatest witness when he is hanging around.

He comes as a angel of light bearing bad news....

In this day and age I question those christians who say everything is all good with them. I do not know one christian who is not having a battle. But we have the victory Through Christ Jesus...We are sitting in the Heavenly places with Christ, often I need to keep checking to make sure my armor is on and I am useing the correct weapon, and have my seat belt on in that heavenly place as not to be knocked off easily!!!

My mom use to hiss at me and many times try to kill me. One time I just said Go a head you'll be locked up unable to function...Its not my time to die so I'll be just fine...Who says you can't rationalize with a demon. My poor mother tormented so... but it finally stopped..Jesus surrounds us with His Mightiness ,.i said to a friend when satan comes a knockin send Jesus to the door. If you open it I guarantee a battle until you Go to jesus first.. also strategy is important as well. We need to learn how to fight using the word of God and the Blood of Jesus, God Bless to all I Pray for everything stolen from anyone that it will be returned 100 fold to them in Jesus name... amen patricia1 :mgfrog:

Guest Chris777

QUOTE GREAT FALLS: In Reply to Topic

When I first got saved, the thoughts and nightmares were awful. I didn't have an appetite for 2 weeks. I couldn't sleep peacefully for 2 weeks. All sorts of blasphemous words were in my head, and they were loud in my head. Things that, had I said them, I would have probably sealed my doom in hell. And when satan puts thoughts in your head, it can be deceiving. You think they're your thoughts because they're swimming around in your noggin. At one point I had thought "Maybe I am really not saved. Perhaps God has handed my mind over to the enemy. And if I can't have God. No one else will!" I could feel my heart becoming bitter. I didn't want anyone else to have God if I couldn't. But God found a way. He wasn't going to let me go off the deep end. The thoughts are gone now, but I still battle with other thoughts and nightmares. I trust that God will take them away as well.

sorry new at quoting individual parts if it can be done some1 pm me how...

Yup thats the devil... he puts all kinds of sick thoughts in my head that i dont even want to repeat and theyre so sick that 99 percent of the time i can tell that theyre not coming from me. he generally resorts to these tactics when you refuse to believe his lies, so he resorts to tactics of harassment. dont let anyone tell you it is not the devil because it is. God will never hand you over to your enemy you are His!!!!! amen!!!! the devil loves to make you question you salvation when the fact is if you werent saved he probably wouldnt be attacking you so bad in the first place in such obvious ways he would most likely remain more discrete (unless he thought you wouldnt believe anyway). If your suffering so bad for being His child that is a good indication that your His. next time quote this "There is no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus!" Use the sword of the spirit to battle him! (the devil:well you arent in Christ Jesus!) you quoting: "rejoice when you are persecuted because of me the kingdom of heaven is yours!" "Everyone who calls on the name of Lord shall be saved!" then say JESUS! i know how to defeat this one he uses it alot. also my dad curses a ton its sickening to my hears just like the Word is sweet to my ears, this is harassment as well. the nightmares are awful and extremely real he lied to me to make me think that other people found some way to control my dreams since the dreams i had were so real and vivid and complex and horrible and couldnt have possibly come from me. that way i wouldnt know that it was him and use the name of Jesus and the Word and prayer to help me fight them.In most dreams that come from me i can tell its a dream when it goes bad in these dreams i never have a clue. Last night i had one (before i fell asleep this image of a guy smiling and using his finger to becon me towards him kept poppin in my head so i knew i was in for it most likely) where i actually said SPirits begone in the name of Jesus!!!!!! and the spirits quit holding me down in bed (this was in the dream that i was in bed and they were holding me down) ive never been able to know to call on Jesus in one of these dreams before btw. When i called on Him they quit holding me down although they didnt leave my room and i coudl still see them (they either are a human being that is possessed in many or as in this one just like vapor or darker than the dark almost like a force and not really material but hwo cares how they appear tbh)). Then i actually woke up irl and immeadiately i said irl "Evil Spirits leave in the name of JESUS and dont come back!" i walked all around my house with my hands raised praying and sayin that i close every door ive ever opened to the devil and put my trust in Jesus the Lord of all Lords and King of all Kings! It was great one bad dream to goin around praisin the Lord in truth for like 3 hours and i still praise him as i type. I prayed for God to protect and you and thank you for your post :mgfrog: and yes i just read the post above this he loves to accuse you a ton!!!! thats harassment as well he does that all the time to me. Then i ask Gods forgiveness and know that i have it and know that God looks at me as sinless since he died on the corss and that he wwill still protect me. :)

Edited by Chris777

I go thru this also. the difference with me is that my husband claims to be a believer. but he is the one who questions my salvation, accuses me of being judgmental, self-righteous, and will even sneer about my becoming spiritually mature. i just remind myself that God is the only one capable of loving me unconditionally and that my husband is an imperfect human being just like i am.

You have it pretty bad as well. My husband may not be as crafty as yours in his attacks but he has a whole family he sees more than he sees me who have people in it like that. I'm fortunate not to live with them. I'll be praying for you to be strong.

i hope i can become as assured as you are.

I'm certain you are. Everyone becomes slightly doubtful and feels weaker when under attack, it's normal. I can now recognise attacks and not long ago I wasn't able to do this, so I know I'm growing. Knowing that God is the only one we need to ever fear, being His children and all, is the only reason I'll never fear satan and his demons. Ever. To fear them would be an insult to God.

Yes.. and you know who really is the accuser of the brethren...

I have always said that if lucifer is hanging around then he has come to kill, to steal and destroy or that you are doing something right, bound for a blessing as well. sometimes that little sly sneek wants to make us think better of him...but he is one of the Lords greatest witness when he is hanging around.

He comes as a angel of light bearing bad news....

In this day and age I question those christians who say everything is all good with them. I do not know one christian who is not having a battle. But we have the victory Through Christ Jesus...We are sitting in the Heavenly places with Christ, often I need to keep checking to make sure my armor is on and I am useing the correct weapon, and have my seat belt on in that heavenly place as not to be knocked off easily!!!

My mom use to hiss at me and many times try to kill me. One time I just said Go a head you'll be locked up unable to function...Its not my time to die so I'll be just fine...Who says you can't rationalize with a demon. My poor mother tormented so... but it finally stopped..Jesus surrounds us with His Mightiness ,.i said to a friend when satan comes a knockin send Jesus to the door. If you open it I guarantee a battle until you Go to jesus first.. also strategy is important as well. We need to learn how to fight using the word of God and the Blood of Jesus, God Bless to all I Pray for everything stolen from anyone that it will be returned 100 fold to them in Jesus name... amen patricia1 :)

Powerful Word!

:whistling: