• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

I'm so glad God made me a blond Sheep- what are you guys talking about?? LOL, I love jesus-Yeah!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

I'm so glad God made me a blond Sheep- what are you guys talking about?? LOL, I love jesus-Yeah!!!

Haha! Amen to this.

Four-dimensional beings....... whatever. God rocks!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Grace to you,

Kind of puts a new understanding on the limitations that Christ undertook to Save you, doesn't it. :thumbsup:

The Word say's that He made His dwelling place or abode with and among us.

Peace,

Dave

Also tends to show how God know how we turn out on the day we were born. He is not bound by time as we are, so he can see the whole life as a single point which is interesting to me.

Eternity really is not for ever....... it's non existant time.

:thumbsup: Huh?! Non existant time is not for ever it is eternity...?

• Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

Ok, this was the question that popped into my mind while I was reading The Lorax's example of particles behaving one way when the sensors were in place, but behaving a different way when not under observation: If the particles are not being observed, then how do we know they are behaving differently?

Sorry, forgot to mention that. They can tell afterwards based on the mark the particles/waves make on a metal plate. It's not that important, but shoot particles through the two slits and they will leave two lines on the plate. But waves experience inference, so if you shoot them through two slits they will ripple together and leave lots of lines on the plate. I think it's explained in that video I linked to, but I haven't watched it in a while.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Grace to you,

Kind of puts a new understanding on the limitations that Christ undertook to Save you, doesn't it. :cool2:

The Word say's that He made His dwelling place or abode with and among us.

Peace,

Dave

Also tends to show how God know how we turn out on the day we were born. He is not bound by time as we are, so he can see the whole life as a single point which is interesting to me.

:emot-wave: Huh?! Non existant time is not for ever it is eternity...?

God does not live in a time flow as we do...... there is no time there...... no begining and no ending it just 'is'.

• Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Trying not to get a brain-hurt like Kari's...

Are you sure? It's really fun sitting here drooling in the corner!

The colors......the COLORS!!! :emot-wave:

• Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

There are two kinds of quantum-theoretical states:

the ldquophysical staterdquo determined by a complete observation

and

the ldquointrinsic staterdquo which comprises the values of the observed as well as the unobserved observables.

The future values of all these observables are determined.

Causality is therefore valid, though not verifiable.

Did you just order a taco in Hungarian???

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Days Won:  2

Ok, this was the question that popped into my mind while I was reading The Lorax's example of particles behaving one way when the sensors were in place, but behaving a different way when not under observation: If the particles are not being observed, then how do we know they are behaving differently?

Sorry, forgot to mention that. They can tell afterwards based on the mark the particles/waves make on a metal plate. It's not that important, but shoot particles through the two slits and they will leave two lines on the plate. But waves experience inference, so if you shoot them through two slits they will ripple together and leave lots of lines on the plate. I think it's explained in that video I linked to, but I haven't watched it in a while.

Ok, I homeschool my 5th grader son, and we had the double-slit experiment in the section on Light he studied in Science earlier this year. So I understand about interference.

So - are you saying that when there are sensors, the lines on the plate are continuous, but when there aren't sensors, there are ripple marks? (Or perhaps the other way to; I'm getting kinda :th_frusty: here.)

And - wouldn't the plate being there to get marked up count as a sensor/observer??

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

:noidea: Huh?! Non existant time is not for ever it is eternity...?

God does not live in a time flow as we do...... there is no time there...... no begining and no ending it just 'is'.

The way you worded it at the end sounded nonsensical to me, because I was equating forever with eternity. I understand and agree with what you mean in general. I looked up the definitions of forever and eternity just to see if I was using the definitions correctly and here is what it said...

Forever

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

forever: [from for + ever, i.e. for always]

The concept of something existing beyond the flow of time, or retaining its status for an infinite or for an indefinite, or undetermined, period of time.

On a universal scale very few concepts, if any, are truly forever. Proponents of a closed universe believe that even time itself will have an end. See Eternity.

Eternity

For other senses of the word "eternity", see eternity (disambiguation).

While in the popular mind, eternity often simply means existing for an Everlasting, i.e., limitless, amount of time, many have used it to refer to a timeless existence altogether outside of time.

...turns out we were using different definitions. :whistling: I think God is able to step into the concept of time while existing outside of it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

:noidea: Huh?! Non existant time is not for ever it is eternity...?

The way you worded it at the end sounded nonsensical to me, because I was equating forever with eternity. I understand and agree with what you mean in general. I looked up the definitions of forever and eternity just to see if I was using the definitions correctly and here is what it said...

Forever

forever: [from for + ever, i.e. for always]

The concept of something existing beyond the flow of time, or retaining its status for an infinite or for an indefinite, or undetermined, period of time.

On a universal scale very few concepts, if any, are truly forever. Proponents of a closed universe believe that even time itself will have an end. See Eternity.

Eternity

For other senses of the word "eternity", see eternity (disambiguation).

While in the popular mind, eternity often simply means existing for an Everlasting, i.e., limitless, amount of time, many have used it to refer to a timeless existence altogether outside of time.

...turns out we were using different definitions. :emot-hug: I think God is able to step into the concept of time while existing outside of it.

I yes, but, in my concept He can be at the beginning and the end at the same time in your concept. When you exist outside the linear time line we exist in, you can see a persons birth and death at the same time, and know every single moment of that persons life before we even know of the next moment.

God hated Esau even before he was born the Bible says..... It's because he knew what Esau was long before he was even born..... but it's Esau that made himself what he was. It's a little spooky to think about that, but the Bible talks of it and both Hyper Dimensional Physics and string theory physics predicts it from what little I have read about them.