IGNORED

What do you say to someone unequally yoked in marriage?

Ddavid from NC

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

As the Body of Christ I believe we are accountable to each other. What should you say to a believer who chooses to marry an unbeliever, even after being counseled that it is in opposition to God's command? This is not hypothethical but a real situation handle with care.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I would not say anything! I would pray intensely for their blinded hearts to be open. I would not accuse a brother! This is the Lord's work and we should steer clear for his working. He will make it very clear to the beliver that he has made a terrible mistake. But if the Lord led me to speak to the person, I would mention Nehemiah 13:26, the Book of Proverbs where Solomon talks about how the adulterous woman pulls the simple to their death and other verses about abiding in the Vien of Life.

Why the adultress woman? Does not God call his bride an adultress and tell her to come back (Ezekiel 16)? Israel had many lovers, and so do we when we forsake the Lord and the fellowship for the people of the world. Again, Nehemiah 13:26.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/25/1963

That is a tough one. :blink: I was in this position once. I married an unbeliever and became unequally yoked. Christians around me tried to warn me but instead of listening it just made me want to do it more. My ex husband would complain or tried to stop me if I read the bible, went to church or in any way tried to follow God. He knew enough scripture to misinterpret it but didn't want anything to do with God. All I can suggest is to show the person the scriptures that say not to be unequally yoked - 2Co 6:14, Romans 7:13-16. If the person still insists on going ahead with this marriage then show the person Godly love and try to be there for them - they have not chosen an easy path. I hope this helps. :(

I wouldn't say anything.....except maybe congratulations.

Maybe there's a reason for those two coming together.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

As the Body of Christ I believe we are accountable to each other. What should you say to a believer who chooses to marry an unbeliever, even after being counseled that it is in opposition to God's command? This is not hypothethical but a real situation handle with care.

Are they already married?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

Are they already married?

Good question ...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  421
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I Corinthians 7:12-14

I Corinthians 7:12-14

Good answer.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  28

Let God be God, if we did our part don't you think God will do His?

Is there anything God cannot do?

We all do things which are not pleasing to God (hopefully not on purpose) and does God not forgives us over and over again if we repent and ask Him to forgive our sins?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

What should you say to a believer who chooses to marry an unbeliever, even after being counseled that it is in opposition to God's command?

"Good luck."