IGNORED

Wearing Pants on Vistiation (aka, Soulwinning)

kittylover0991

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

emily, i think the question was quite legitimate. whoever it is that made the response with the emoticon could have been taken as making fun of you, (and that was not me, by the way) but i suspect the laughter is at the mental image of a woman hanging drywall in a skirt, not at you.

however, referring to our beliefs as lame excuses is without a doubt ridiculing the individuals, not some mental imagery. and i'm very offended by that.

How about this. I as a child, was laughed at because I talk funny. I do talk funny. I am deaf. Put in your head the imagery of me talking like Daffy Duck. Is it ok to laugh since indeed my voice does sound really funny? It's making fun, plain and simple. The imagery of those ladies hangng drywall in dresses, laughing at that, is making fun, plain and simple. making fun of other people. If you cant see that, well then, it's because you dont want to. Your beliefs? I said your *beliefs*? Nope indeed. I said the *excuses* were lame, and most importantly, I didnt laugh at or ridicule the excuses. I simply said they were lame. How can you find that offensive, yet see no ofense in the ridiculing and etc. in this thread?

clearly there is a chip on your shoulder and you feel like you can justify your own behaviour because you don't like someone else asking you a question about whether or not it may look strange for a woman to wear a dress when hanging drywall.

regardless of what you perceived from others, *I* never once ridiculed or laughed at you, or in any other way demeaned you or your opinion. 9b]so what do you want me to do, apologize for someone else's words?

YOU however, have offended me. you think you're the only person in the world to have been made fun of as a kid? our childhoods have nothing to do with this subject, but i'm sure we ALL were ridiculed as children. good grief, i was such an ugly duckling that when i'd walk home from school when i was 12, the good looking high school guys driving home from school would BARK at me. but i'm not going to ask you to apologize for their behaviour. i'm simply letting you know that YOU have personally offended me. let me word it a way that maybe will make more sense to you. YOU HURT MY FEELINGS PERSONALLY.

but you don't care about that. you're too busy justifying it by blaming everyone else.

you were right a long time ago. this thread is well past time to be closed.

For starters, maybe you could stop defending those who have poked fun. I am amazed you find the fact that I said some people's excuses were lame, (never even named or quoted you or anyone for that matter by the way did I?) as highly and personally offensive yet, you see no offense in the poking fun and laughing at others and the sarcasm. I'm done arguing with you. You clearly have a chip on your shoulder.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant really comment on the kilts thing, because I dont really think pants are sin.

Edited to add after thinking for a bit: Ok well maybe I can comment. :whistling: In Scotland, kilts are considered men's wear. The scottish are not attempting to look like ladies. Just as when I put on a pair of ladies pants/capris, I am not attempting to look like men.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

The imagery of those ladies hangng drywall in dresses, laughing at that, is making fun, plain and simple

It was an imagine in my head. If I saw real ladies hanging drywall I would not laugh at them.

If you hear a joke (a priest, a rabbi, a blonde - whatever) and you laugh at the joke, are you making fun of anyone?

I am sorry you were made fun of because you are deaf and I disagree with that fully, of course. Like most people, I would be appauled if I witnessed that.

But I hope you laugh and often. A merry heart is good medicine.

I do believe I already did apologize but I wasn't really laughing at you and I stopped with icons since then.

Ok well maybe I can comment. In Scotland, kilts are considered men's wear. The scottish are not attempting to look like ladies. Just as when I put on a pair of ladies pants/capris, I am not attempting to look like men.

:whistling:

I would agree. I sure don't try to look like a man when I wear pants.

The imagery of those ladies hangng drywall in dresses, laughing at that, is making fun, plain and simple

It was an imagine in my head. If I saw real ladies hanging drywall I would not laugh at them.

If you hear a joke (a priest, a rabbi, a blonde - whatever) and you laugh at the joke, are you making fun of anyone?

I am sorry you were made fun of because you are deaf and I disagree with that fully, of course. Like most people, I would be appauled if I witnessed that.

But I hope you laugh and often. A merry heart is good medicine.

I do believe I already did apologize but I wasn't really laughing at you and I stopped with icons since then.

Artsy Lady, yes, I did notice that you stopped when I expressed that it upset me. Thank you very much. That is very kind and selfless of you. :noidea:

Believe me, I laugh plenty, I poke fun at my own deafness. (This is different than when the kids poked fun at my voice) I often say to my husband when he says I misunderstood. "I'll have you know my hearing is perfectly reliable and I know exactly what you said. *hmpf*" My husband is like ---> :whistling::wub:

No hard feelings! :wub:

:whistling:

You are very welcome.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

The Title and OP........

Wearing Pants on Vistiation (aka, Soulwinning), Sorry, looking for thoughts from those who believe pants are immodest Rating

Once again, as usual, the title of the post explains it all

I don't like to exclude people from this post, but I REALLY dont' want it to turn into an argument/discussion about what is and is not modest, since we all obviously disagree heavily on the matter.

I think this has been done to death.....

Closed