• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/09/1965

Im not sure if this is where this should be posted or not. Here is my situation. My husbam

nd and I have been members of our church for 5 years. Our churuch has gone though alot. We lost our pastor to cancer our assoiet pastor moved our churuch was flooded and we lost that. We have a new Pastor for two years. He does things different. Myhusband who is older and was close the the pastor we lost has not quite found his way or should I say really cliclk. We have had a bad bad month. Hve not been in Church. My husband was in an accident had surgery our cat died I have been pulling doubles at work. Nobody from the church has called or asked us how we were. I called the pastor he did not pray over the phone with my husband. When ever someone is sick or in the hospital he post an email about it. No one at church even new about or hered of our situation. I just went on line and received a email about someone else being sick. And a emial saying we missed you sunday. My husband can not read so does not go on line and my email has been down. Which we told the church. Am I being pettie. We are hurting and need to be up lifted. I have called Pastor he talks about us reachhing out to each other and help in the time of need. Well we are in need. It took a long time for my husband to come to the Lord. He can not believe no one has called to see how his surgery went and how we are and is there anything anyone can do. I hate to sound petti. Someone give me advice on what to do.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I would keep trying the church you're at right now. Do they have a prayer group you can go to? Sometimes there are communication cards in the pockets in front of you in the pews that are meant to help you communicate such information: maybe you could fill one out and drop it in the box they have for that? That tends to help information get to the right place. Check out the church's website, too, for more contact information besides just the Senior Pastor...Senior Pastors are VERY busy people, so while he may have the best intentions, sometimes he might just forget...pastors are human too!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Hi sober.... well i am sorry to hear about the troubles ur having at this time.. but it is hard for someone to say what u should do... i do feel u should both pray together over this and see if God wants u to move and find another church... first off i feel that since ur pastor has past away and things have changed .. u need to make sure that it isnt just ur not use to the new ways... also i would talk to the pastor about how u feel .. i dont understand how ur church does the prayer list and praying for others in ur church but there again .. i just dont know... but i do think people should know what is going on with the people in ur church so they know to pray and check on each other... but i wish i knew the answers u seek... but i will pray that u find ur way in ur new church or hear from God on this... i also want to welcome u both to worthy....

God bless u both... sister vicki

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Sorry for what you've been dealing with. Hope your dh is doing much better now.

My dh and I got our feelings hurt and stayed out of church for years. But since then I've learned that sometimes Yahweh uses church members to refine us and vice versa. It happened in scripture. Barnabas convinced the other apostles that Saul/Paul had changed and got them to accept him (Acts 9). But when Barnabas was compassionate & encouraging about taking John Mark with them (the same role he had done on Paul's behalf), he and Paul had such a disagreement that they went in different directions (Acts 15). Yet in II Tim4, Paul is talking how valuable John Mark is to his ministry.

So people are going to let us down and we let other people down. Agree with vab - we have to be in the church where Yahweh wants us. Try not to be offended - and I really know how hard that can be - & keep our eyes on Him.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

If the most important reason to belong to a church is getting support from them...you're going to be disappointed no matter where you go. The church is made up of people, just like you and me, that are imperfect and wrapped up in their own lives. A good Bible based church sustains the soul not the sensibilities of it's members. If you want to remain with this church try changing your expectations of them; otherwise, it would be prudent to find a more compatible one. :whistling:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Let me be the first here to ask the Lord to uphold Sober's family and to ask for a speedy healing process for her Husband.

***praying****

May the Lord make their pastor understand the hurt he has caused and in some way make amends for his lack of concern>

****praying***

Sober, console your husband and don't let the attacks of the evil one get you down. If life was just a pleasant dream, we would not grow in the Lord...... and right now it seems that you need Him the most and I pray for that>

**praying**

and last but not least with all these stress causing disasters around you I pray that sober stays sober...

**praying**

"The" church is where we go to meet people that we want to have a relationship with (in the Lord). If no one has inquired about you then no one has a real relationship with you. You are not bound to anyone who is not covenently bound to you. That is a 2-way street, btw, but I agree that "a" church should be more concerned and caring towards the people who attend regularly

It sounds to me like a communication problem though. You say that you've been gone for a month? They might think you left them (and therefore they have no responsibility towards you). You also said you called the Pastor and found that no one had heard what you've been through? It really sounds like a case of misunderstanding to me. People can't help us until they know we want help. Have you asked for any help? Have you asked for prayer? Have you asked to be ministered to during this time?

James says, "You have not because you ask not." We all have so many things going on in our lives that sometimes what is going on around us gets lost in the shuffle....falls through the cracks.

If it were me, I'd forgive them and either try form stronger relationships with someone in the church or look for a place where people are more open to being friends instead of aquaintances.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

To answer you OP, God will let you know when it is time to move on. He will place it in your heart. As mentioned, pray to see if this feeling is of God or if it is of you.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

It sounds as if you and the church you attend have both gone through a lot of problems. You have had a lot of trials and it would have been nice to have the support of a church family. Let me ask you about your church. Is the new pastor solid in his Bible teachin? Does he hold the Bible as truth and preach God's Holy word? Is Christ the center of worship? Part of being in a church family - one that is led by the Holy Spirit - is caring for each other and praying for each other.

It might be a good idea to take a good look at the spiritual condition of the church, then pray for your church and the pastor. Ask God to guide you in deciding if you should find another church or to try to make a differece in the one you attend.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

Well speak to the pastor,congregation about your feelings. I don't really believe emails are a good way to show someone compassion - there needs to be a personal touch - i wouldnt leave a church easily only if the word of God does not conform with the bible and the pastor / preacher does not want to accept this even when there is confirmation from many.