Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Have you ever felt completely alone, even in a crowd? That is where I am. I know there are people around but I still feel completely alone. I'm trying to hard to not feel this way but nothing is working. I don't even think words can express how deep this is in me. I don't feel like I belong anywhere.

How do you get to feel un-alone?

You picture yourself out at sea in the middle of a raging storm but with a lifebelt around your waist with a line that is attached to a rock - THE ROCK - Jesus Christ. When the tempest gets too much and the waves get too high, Jesus will reel you back in to Himself. But you are ALWAYS, ALWAYS attached to Jesus, your rock, however lonely you may feel out at sea.

That is how I have coped with times of extreme loneliness and more than loneliness, being made to feel discarded and unwanted by those whom one feels should love and treasure one.

And then you sing this old hymn to yourself or to anyone willing to listen!

Will your anchor hold in the storms of life,

When the clouds unfold their wings of strife?

When the strong tides lift, and the cables strain,

Will your anchor drift or firm remain?

We have an anchor that keeps the soul

Stedfast and sure while the billows roll,

Fastened to the Rock which cannot move,

Grounded firm and deep in the Savior's love.

It is safely moored, 'twill the storm withstand,

For 'tis well secured by the Savior's hand;

And the cables passed from His heart to mine,

Can defy the blast, through strength divine.

It will firmly hold in the straits of fear,

When the breakers have told the reef is near;

Though the tempest rave and the wild winds blow,

Not an angry wave shall our bark o'erflow.

It will surely hold in the floods of death,

When the waters cold chill our latest breath;

On the rising tide it can never fail,

While our hopes abide within the veil.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  454
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/19/1985

Honey I've felt all alone most of my life. Most of the things I've figured out were by myself.. The best advice that I can give you is that Jesus will always be with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you in any way. Grab a bible and read His Word and feed off of that and find someone who you can talk to too.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  746
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/30/1988

Have you ever felt completely alone, even in a crowd? That is where I am. I know there are people around but I still feel completely alone. I'm trying to hard to not feel this way but nothing is working. I don't even think words can express how deep this is in me. I don't feel like I belong anywhere.

How do you get to feel un-alone?

You picture yourself out at sea in the middle of a raging storm but with a lifebelt around your waist with a line that is attached to a rock - THE ROCK - Jesus Christ. When the tempest gets too much and the waves get too high, Jesus will reel you back in to Himself. But you are ALWAYS, ALWAYS attached to Jesus, your rock, however lonely you may feel out at sea.

That is how I have coped with times of extreme loneliness and more than loneliness, being made to feel discarded and unwanted by those whom one feels should love and treasure one.

And then you sing this old hymn to yourself or to anyone willing to listen!

Will your anchor hold in the storms of life,

When the clouds unfold their wings of strife?

When the strong tides lift, and the cables strain,

Will your anchor drift or firm remain?

We have an anchor that keeps the soul

Stedfast and sure while the billows roll,

Fastened to the Rock which cannot move,

Grounded firm and deep in the Savior's love.

It is safely moored, 'twill the storm withstand,

For 'tis well secured by the Savior's hand;

And the cables passed from His heart to mine,

Can defy the blast, through strength divine.

It will firmly hold in the straits of fear,

When the breakers have told the reef is near;

Though the tempest rave and the wild winds blow,

Not an angry wave shall our bark o'erflow.

It will surely hold in the floods of death,

When the waters cold chill our latest breath;

On the rising tide it can never fail,

While our hopes abide within the veil.

I love that hymn! :noidea:

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

My heart is breaking.... I feel so alone :thumbsup::noidea:

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

My heart is breaking.... I feel so alone :(:wub:

:cool: There are few things on this earth that will make you feel more alone than to be in a marraige with someone who doesn't respect you nor even seem to love you in the way we are supposed to love. Hang in there, Sweetie. If you lived in Fort Worth, I would give you a big hug and buy you lunch, but I can pray for you and offer this cute emoticon. :cool:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Doh! I just posted something in the wrong thread. Yeah alone is bad. Luckily the more you grow in God, the less alone you become. You know Moses wandered round the back side of the desert for 40 years with a bunch of sheep. At least he got married during that time, but still. Not a fun thing to go through. Job ended up on his ash heap for a long time (I think it was years?) before God answered him and restored his friends and family. Even his wife turned on him. David had to run around as a fugitive for many years before being made king. Joseph was in prison for years before he was made ruler of the land. Abrahem had to be a stranger in someone elses land for most of his life.

Something I've discovered about being alone is that you can really learn who God is, over time. In a way that you can't if surrounded by people and life. Especially a strong comfort zone. I grew up in a really community focused church and so I spent the majority of my youth with friends on tap. Above and beyond that I had extended family. When I became spirit filled one of the trials I went through was losing pretty much everybody one by one. I think I had my mum left at the end, and not really anyone else (not kidding) (sadly). Not permanently, but just no longer in my circle and just spending a lotttt of time alone. (Chronic illness was part of it - I pushed people away too, to a certain degree because I just couldn't keep up with them and everything was too hard.) (People who've been in that situation would understand.)

Not fun but I learned a lot about God.

The bible tells us that 'all things work together for good for those who love God and who are called according to his will and purposes'. So once we give our lives to God and are following him, at least nothing is wasted and everything will ultimatly be used for good.

Also trials arn't permanent. The bible tells us that many are the trials of the righteous, but the lord will deliver them out of them all. We just have to keep slogging on till he gets us out of it. Keep walking, keep trusting, keep loving, keep praying. We all get there.

Edited by yesult