• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

Damo, what have I left you? There are different laws in different countries. I wanted you to understand that what is done in Australia is illegal here; which is why your suggestion of mission statements does not apply. If you came on here addressing a situation in Australia or Philipines, I would not focus on how things are done here. Instead, I would ask you questions and try to understand culture and laws of the place you are talking about. I would imagine with your cultural background and moving to different continents you should be very adept at doing just that.

yes our countrys are very diffrent xan and having lived in two countrys i am seeing how diffrent the laws are in Australia compared to yugoslavia and know i am having to learn the laws of my fiancee country and i am seeing its very diffrent in the philippines

the filapinos do not get the same aid as the ones who are out of work in australia do

even the single mothers get support xan compared to a single mother in the philippines in Australia if you are a single mother and you have a child for the first time you wil get from center link $5,000 to $6,000 this helps you get what you need for your child and then you get more if you have more kids for example a single mother with 4 kids wil get every fortnight from center link $1,500 in the philippines they do not get this assistance like we give to our single mothers

this assistance is only set up for those unemployed and getting a centerlink payment to be registard with center link you have to be looking for work the payment stops when your child turns 16 then your child can aply from centre link a youth payment which is put into their own bank account

and every one gets the same pay no mater what color you are xan we also have goverment housing in the philippines you dont have this

i was telling my fiancee in australia you can apply for a goverement grant and the goverment wil give you assistance

their are also christian financial institutions set up were you can get a loan this loan helps you buy the land and build a church or if a church already is on the land they wil sit down with you and work out what they wil expect in return

Australia is diffrent to America xan and by what i have observed i am seeing how difftrent my country is compared to your country

that is why i was finding it hard to really understand what steve was saying in his post and then for you to say this is not allowed in your country

if you were to come to australia you wil see this and it will show you what is being done among the groups we work close with

for example an aborigonal church can get more assistance then some one from a white church also the land that was taken off the aborigonal people is know being given back to them if you go to northern territory or darwin you wil see signs saying aborigonal land you can not walk into these propertys owned by the aborigonal people and its the same when it comes to the communities they live in you have to get permission

some places have signs saying alcahol prohibeted in this community and if you are cought you will get your alcahol confiscated by the police and a warning

the kids i was working close with xan were neglected by the other centers established to cater for the white youth

also some of the teen agers were being refused jobs this should not be happening when a child leavs school and wants to enter the work force they should have the same rights as any one else yet when it came to the aborigonal teen agers not one white employer was willing to higher them xan

my friend has just planted a church in a farming community a company brought this land that was not being used and built a tommato plantation they did this to target aborigonal people the ones in this community were out of work for a long time

the only payment they were getting is from center link they have gotten to dependant on the welfare system and this is what the goverment is wanting to adress were aborigonal people get the same rights as a white or european person

i dont know what your country offers its poor and its home less but i can tell you what australia offers the poor and its home less

by what we are doing is not being racist at all xan we just want to make sure kids like the ones i was working with get a fresh start in life living day by day and depending on a welfare payment is no life xan

the community i was living in hated the aborigonal youth and their parents their was nearly an up roar a vigilanty group was about to be set up were the locals wanted to take action into their own hands

we prevented this from happening as it was a catholic community the aborigonal kids were braking into farms owned by rich farmers and they were braking into homes and buisnesses as well

were our church is it was set up in a bad area

last year two 9 yr old aborigonal boys were cought but nothing could be done to charge them they burnt down a harvey norman store over 1million dollars in damage the two kids stood at a distance watching the fire brigade put out the flames

they ended up telling there parents what they did and it was their parents who took them to the local police station

God bless from damo

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

I'm glad we have come to an agreement. I knew we would. :emot-nod:

BTW, if you ever do make it here to visit TD Jakes church, let me know. I live one county over (not far at all).

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

I'm glad we have come to an agreement. I knew we would. :thumbsup:

BTW, if you ever do make it here to visit TD Jakes church, let me know. I live one county over (not far at all).

i will do that as me and my fiancee soon to be my wife have been invited to speak in a church in texas i am getting the info so when i have it i wil let you know

we have been invited to share what god is doing in our churches my fiancee has planted my friend who lives in texas wants to help as much as she can i told her i would have to save for the plane tickets and then send our application for the goverment to aprove our visas bishop td jakes preached in australia and i was blown away by the way this man pressents the gospel

we wil be preaching in the morning service and night service its an AOG church i wil preach in the night service while my wife preaches in the morning service we are looking at 2009

i have had sevral friends say that i would be totaly blessed as they have been to his church

thank you i pray that you have a blessed week and i pray for gods favor to fall on you and i pray that what ever your hands touch he wil bless you

God bless from damo :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

did you ask for a missions statement steve ?

No I didn't.

But the nature of their mission became clear pretty quickly.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

DISCLAIMER: This response is NOT written directly to "Larry 2". The target audience is ANYONE reading and about humanity IN GENERAL (as opposed to specifically ONE person). Please read with this viewpoint in mind.

Dear Stevehut, this is a very common practice among people that go to church of any race who are looking for a social gospel. There is a way that seems right unto man, and that is their own works. Well when they start doing these works they seek to help themselves, and they seemingly attain a self righteousness and are indignant or intolerant of others entering in, and this includes all races not putting forth the glory of God. They are not looking to Christ even though many of them are Christians.

Key words and phrases in what you've written above: "looking for", "indignant", "intolerant", "social gospel", "seems right", "own works", "help themselves", "self-righteousness"

1. Which one of these words and phrases is based on WHAT and HOW God Thinks (the Father)?

2. Look at each word and realize HOW it fits in the machine (law) of the lusts of the flesh:

a. "looking for" --> Lusts of the flesh seek out opportunities in the circumstances of life to USE the enslaved mind to produce thoughts, which in turn produce the chemical responses, which feed the lusts.

b. "indignant" --> An emotion resulting from thoughts from a mind enslaved to lusts. Indignation produces chemical responses that lusts feed from (are met by).

c. "intolerant" --> Another emotion doing the precise same thing. Note how a core theme of these emotions are lines of division, classification (race, color, socio-economic, etc).

d. "social gospel" --> NOT the gospel of Jesus Christ addressing our enslavement and bondage, but another message of human and demonic origin where people are (again) classified and placed into categories of victim, perpetrator or rescuer. Each classification carries an emotional attachment to the thoughts behind it. Moreover, note that in this machine (law) of lusts, there is only ONE purpose: thoughts and emotions producing the chemicals needed to fill and full-fill the lusts (chemical needs) of the body.

e. "seems right" --> We were built for being right. Even in our fallen state, we seek out justification even if it is our own. The ugly part of lust feeding is we also self-generate thoughts in an attempted framework of self-justification to where they "seem right" to us. Yet, when held up to the Thoughts and Thinking of God, Himself (the Father), we are way off target (sin). What we then do is retreat into darkness (hiding, ignorance and turning from looking at God and looking at ourselves and each other). Here we hide and hang out. Not only do we self-justify in this place, but we offer each other validation for our thinking. What is nefarious and insidious about it is -- even this thoughts and resulting emotions of and coming from self-justification are simply another vehicle the lusts of the flesh use to produce MORE CHEMISTRY to feed from!

f. "own works" --> The word works is referring to the operation of the Lust-Mind-Thought-Emotion-Chemical machine at work. That it is our "own" simply says we're operating in a broken machine apart from God and His Spirit (Mind and mental disposition) as our basis. Moreover, it is NOT just our own self, but the combination of each other working together as groups -BUT- more damning than this is: Satan is the father of it all. Satan is standing behind and is the source and pattern for our enslaved thinking and lust feeding. We are blind to this, self-deluded and hiding in darkness and ignorance to how the Devil works in and through humanity -- including you and I (without Christ).

g. "help themselves" --> This ought to be pretty obvious to you now having read what is written above.

h. "self-righteousness" --> Ditto.

I attended an all black church and they had brought in an outside preacher that preached on nothing but emancipation and drew applause for doing so. Yeah, we've suffered long enough. He never mentioned God and I'm almost certain God didn't regard his testimony as reaching toward Himself.

This is about emotional feeding and lusts. That the thoughts are semi-religious means very little. The lusts of the flesh are blind to whether the thoughts have to do with religion, with non-religion, with anything at all. The core purpose is not to quibble about the contents of the thinking. The core purpose is to have the mind produce thoughts, which result in emotions, which together cause a chemical response, which satisfies and feeds the chemical needs (lusts) of the flesh.

God certainly does NOT regard thoughts and thinking of men, which are based on lusts. God is not interested in the trash of our enslaved thinking and sin, except to free us and deliver us from the bondage to our lusts, by the work of Jesus Christ and the indwelling of His Spirit in us to the core purpose of A) forgiveness of our life-long sins and B) the regeneration and renewing of our mind to be based on His Mind ONLY. Moreover, that our words and actions would then be patterned and performed from this renewed mind.

Paul first points out the contents of his own enslaved thinking through Judaism:

Php 3:4 Even though I might have trust in flesh; if any other thinks to trust in flesh, I more;

Php 3:5 in circumcision, the eighth day, of the race of Israel, the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; according to Law, a Pharisee;

Php 3:6 according to zeal, persecuting the assembly; according to righteousness in Law, being blameless.

Then Paul points out how he views this body of thinking he once had:

Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss because of Christ.

Then Paul points out what is his new prize:

Php 3:8 But, no, rather I also count all things to be loss because of the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them to be trash, that I might gain Christ

Php 3:9 and be found in Him; not having my own righteousness of Law, but through the faith of Christ, having the righteousness of God on faith,

Php 3:10 to know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, having been conformed to His death,

Php 3:11 if somehow I may attain to a resurrection out of the dead.

Simply said -- Paul has tossed away ALL the content of his enslaved to lust mind and is constantly seeking the Mind of Christ in himself by the Holy Spirit, which has come as a result of Jesus Christ, His Life, His Death and His Resurrection.

A past white pastor of mine who has now went to be with the Lord preached a funeral at a very large all black congregation. The deceased black person attended our church and knowing they were going home requested that our pastor perform the funeral. Well the family wanted it done at their all black church and it was. My pastor entered that church and could see and feel the hatred for himself in that place, but as soon as He started preaching to God's glory and of our Savior, faces began to soften; they could relate to that though they seldom heard it. In these cases of racism there is but one thing that can break down those barriers and that is the preaching of Jesus Christ. When you see these things pray for them, witness of Jesus in your life both in deed and word, and you will be amazed at the results many times. You see, I cannot relate to a black person as to what they face even if I do have problems of my own, but I can tell them of a loving Savior who ransomed me, and made me know the joy of my salvation again. Jesus was that Good Samaritan that pulled me from the dunghill and set me in the heavenlies with Himself. And then if we both are Christians the walls of separation are gone and we both rejoice in the Lord.

Read this above once again looking for the lust driven "Thoughts + Emotions". QUIT looking at the content of the thoughts. Ignore the content for a moment and read for seeing the machine at work (the machine of lust-thought-emotion-feeding). Once you see this machine at work, you'll then understand the insidiousness of our bondage and enslavement. Once you see HOW we are broken, you'll begin to see and appreciate the work of Jesus Christ towards our forgiveness and deliverance.

Deliverance is simply when we see how we're bound and then set aside (by our choice) the enslaved mind and start seeking what God thinks and HOW He Thinks for the purpose of resting in, meditating on and the Spirit of God renewing and regenerating our mind into the PRECISE same likeness (to a measure and from smaller measure to greater measure as life goes on).

NOW -- go back and read scriptures like:

Joh 8:33 They answered Him, We are Abraham's seed, and we have been in slavery to no one, never! How do You say, You will become free?

Joh 8:34 Jesus answered them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Everyone practicing sin is a slave of sin.

Joh 8:35 But the slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains to the age.

Joh 8:36 Therefore, if the Son sets you free, you are free indeed.

The Jews were deeply encased in Jewish religious thoughts. Their flesh took advantage of the Law of God and the Word of God and happily found its own thoughts apart from the Thoughts of God, where it's (lusts) own thoughts, generated through the enslaved mind, would produce the emotions that would produce the chemistry for the consumption of the lusts. All wrapped with a pretty Jewish Religious Tradition Bow and the feeding fest began. Not only this -- but it was passed from generation to generation, from father to child, mother to child, friend to friend and enemy to enemy. Each persons lusts and flesh taking advantage of the situations and circumstances to find a body of thoughts from which to feed.

You and I today (without Christ) are NO DIFFERENT. We have inherited this self-same body of thought down a 2,000 year old tree of relationship. Christians CAN do with the gospel of Jesus Christ what the Jews did with the Law and the Torah. It has happened for centuries and it happens today. It will happen tomorrow and will continue ad infinitum until Jesus comes again:

Mat 24:4 And answering, Jesus said to them, See that not any leads you astray.

Mat 24:5 For many will come in My name, saying, I am the Christ. And they will cause many to be led astray.

Mat 24:10 And then many will be offended, and they will deliver up one another and will hate one another.

Mat 24:13 But the one who endures to the end, that one will be kept safe.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

There's an all-black church down the street from here, and they have several wonderful public outreach ministries. One of them is a health-care service for children, that is, black kids only. Through my son's school, I met a couple of parents who took their white kids to the clinic (they were unclear on the concept) and were turned away.

So I went to the church and asked why they won't serve white kids. After a 10-minute conversation, they still didn't understand the question.

I finally gave up.

Thoughts?

:brightidea: