IGNORED

Powell: GOP 'polarization' backfired in election.

redwing

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Well I know I won't be registering republican next time around. I am and will always be conservative and I want a political party that shares the majority of my concerns and principles.

What's it take to start a "Conservative" party?

Michael Savage.......

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I found it amusing that he seems to think Rush is the problem when we've had major networks polarizing people for the last half century. Rush, Hannity, et al are the balance to THAT.

When CNN, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and ABC lose their viewers to Fox that should tell them that America is sick of being polarized to the left.

Then the libs demonize Fox. Typical.

and cons demonize CNN, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and ABC so I guess it is pretty even.

candidates should be voted on based on them and what the label they give themselves

Since when has a liberal politician running for office admitted to being liberal?

Well I know I won't be registering republican next time around. I am and will always be conservative and I want a political party that shares the majority of my concerns and principles.

What's it take to start a "Conservative" party?

Michael Savage.......

is that the best we could do?

if so our cause is lost before it started

Oh we agree on that one, RG

I realize that Sarah Palin has already been trashed and mischaracterized into a parody by the leftist media, but her core values and governing style are exactly what the Republican conservative base is looking for.

She really did get rid of the fat-cat blue-blood Republicans in Alaska and also has an extremely fiscally (and socially) conservative record.

hmmm...who else?

Tommy Thompson? Jeb Bush? Bobby Jindal? Rick Perry?

I realize that Sarah Palin has already been trashed and mischaracterized into a parody by the leftist media, but her core values and governing style are exactly what the Republican conservative base is looking for.

She really did get rid of the fat-cat blue-blood Republicans in Alaska and also has an extremely fiscally (and socially) conservative record.

hmmm...who else?

Tommy Thompson? Jeb Bush? Bobby Jindal? Rick Perry?

I'd pick Jindal over Perry and Bush. Probably Thompson, too. I still like Newt. How about Dick Morris? He probably wouldn't run, tho.

Jim DeMint is another one.

The point about Rush is that he has as much right to speak as the liberal media but we don't hear Powell complaining about Keith Olberman. You want to talk about an extreme partisan who has nothing but victriol? At least Rush's rants have some basis in reality.

The GOP has fallen because they are trying to please liberals and Democrats which makes them no longer conservative.

Bush ran as a Conservative and won twice...too bad he wasn't the genuine article. Even Obama and McCain tried to pass themselves as tax-cutters because they know that a (slight) majority of Americans are still conservative. The rest of the country is attempting to vote themselves money from the Treasury. Once they have become the majority, America will become a welfare state of people who are unproductive and lazy.

We're getting closer to that every day so SOMEONE had better realize this in the GOP and start making the hard decisions that have to be made.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

It just means that there are a number of people who prefer straight talking to smooth talking.

Gen Powell did not say that Rush didnt have the right to speak, he said that he should not hold the power over Repubs that he does. He said that conservatives should not turn to Rush for what to do. And a great many do, if Rush says it, it has to be true.

A lot of people feel this way about Obama, too. That's why he was elected.

But come on, give credit, Rebublicans are smarter than that, at least conservatives are. Rush doesn't tell us what to think. He gives us a voice for what we already think. The media and liberals don't like that -- our voice getting out, so they say we are blindly following, and they want to hush Rush (and the others).

It just means that there are a number of people who prefer straight talking to smooth talking.

LOL....how right you are.

But notice that no one ever calls Rush for being wrong on the facts of an issue. They can't challenge his analysis or the substance of his debate so instead they attack his style and presentation...or make personal insults because they don't like the fact that information is no longer controlled by the major networks anymore.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  3

The point about Rush is that he has as much right to speak as the liberal media but we don't hear Powell complaining about Keith Olberman. You want to talk about an extreme partisan who has nothing but victriol? At least Rush's rants have some basis in reality.

The GOP has fallen because they are trying to please liberals and Democrats which makes them no longer conservative.

Bush ran as a Conservative and won twice...too bad he wasn't the genuine article. Even Obama and McCain tried to pass themselves as tax-cutters because they know that a (slight) majority of Americans are still conservative. The rest of the country is attempting to vote themselves money from the Treasury. Once they have become the majority, America will become a welfare state of people who are unproductive and lazy.

We're getting closer to that every day so SOMEONE had better realize this in the GOP and start making the hard decisions that have to be made.

Amen brother! :th_praying: