• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

An ancient civilization created a calender, I believe it was the Mayans, that happens to end in the year 2012. For that reason, many believe that the world will end in 2012. The problem is, thats only 4 years away, and the tribulation itself will last seven years. How do they overlook that? Shiloh62

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

An ancient civilization created a calender, I believe it was the Mayans, that happens to end in the year 2012. For that reason, many believe that the world will end in 2012. The problem is, thats only 4 years away, and the tribulation itself will last seven years. How do they overlook that? Shiloh62

Some feel that the tribulation has already begun which would work out mathmatically.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

They overlook it by believing that a pagan calendar charts the end of days. I believe that only God knows when He will bring this earth and these heavens to an end.

Some feel that the tribulation has already begun which would work out mathmatically.

Christians are being persecuted the world over including in the US. Jews are being persecuted the world over even in the US. Jacob's Troubles has already begun. They have no Peace in Israel because we do not have not one leader who will dare lead like Messiah David. How did David have Peace? He went into a town and asked the people if they wanted to live in Peace. If they said yes, they killed a fatted calf and had a party. If they did not, he took care of the problem.

Thus the need for the Messiah.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

They overlook it by believing that a pagan calendar charts the end of days. I believe that only God knows when He will bring this earth and these heavens to an end.

Amen, MorningGlory. I agree with you on that. I see you are from Houston. My former pastor is at Williams Trace Baptist in Sugarland. I'm in Dallas, but hope to be visiting Houston later on this year. Nice to meet a fellow Texan! shiloh62

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

No one but the Father knows when the end will come. Not even Jesus.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Some don't believe in a "7 year tribulation" due to lack of scriptural confirmation.

• Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

I was thinking it would be 3.5 years. Cut short for the sake of the elect. That would put it starting this summer and still put 2012 in play. That would mean the treaty with Israel would have to be signed by mid summer.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Here is and interesting video on Daniel's Timeline that makes a real strong case for 2017.

I do not agree with it personally . . . but feel that it should not be readily dismissed. There are several points established that demand consideration and the re-evaluation of personal perspectives.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

The Mayan were a blood thirsty civilization, that practiced human sacrifice on a large massive scale. The sacrifices were to false gods. Why would God give them the year of His return?