• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

I was struck by a comment on a blog about a group of Christians who went to a 10K strong JW convention to evangelise, but mostly got booted out. Anyway one guy headed for the back row as he stated that in every religion the undecided and less dedicated sat there.

This surprised me as i also had sat often in the back of church, esp if in a church i had little previous knowledge of. I also thought back to those i knew who always sat at the back, and saw that i did not know of their boldness in Christ.

This is not a critism of those who sit at the back, but an obsevation and wake up call to myself to check my heart at the door maybe. :cool:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Well.... I sit closer to the back because it allows me to leave quietly and go out, I am unwell - I often need to use the powder room. Also, we are usually swinging by out coat tails to get to church on time and those are the only seats left. I never thought of the back pews as being a place where Christians were not bold... only those who may be running late or considerate of others in not wanting to disrupt if they needed to use the restroom. :cool:

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

Well.... I sit closer to the back because it allows me to leave quietly and go out, I am unwell - I often need to use the powder room. Also, we are usually swinging by out coat tails to get to church on time and those are the only seats left. I never thought of the back pews as being a place where Christians were not bold... only those who may be running late or considerate of others in not wanting to disrupt if they needed to use the restroom. :laugh:

Hi B1997, yes its good for those purposes too. I am totally not into trying to decide who is spiritual based on seating, it just pricked my interest as ive mostly sat at the back or where i had an easy out and im not elderly or unwell. :cool:

I was responding to the comment made by another that in all religions ( and possibly marches, protests, gatherings etc) those at the back are for the most part less interested or decided.

This is not my personal stance, God Bless.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

:taped: i sit in the back of the theater when i go, does this mean I'm less interested in the movie :cool:

just having a bit of fun here :24:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

It is better for a person to sit in the back pew, then not be there to sit in a pew at all. :laugh:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

It is better for a person to sit in the back pew, then not be there to sit in a pew at all. :emot-pray:

:rolleyes:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/23/1965

I often sit in the back pew, usually when visiting a house of worship. And yes I'm undecided, but not about my faith, but if this is the congregation God would have me in. Of which I'm currently looking for a place to worship, so could use some prayer in this area.

Hebrews 10:25

"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is, but exhorting one another, and so much the more , as ye see the day approaching."

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

I've seen people who like to sit in front for a couple of different reasons

1 The "look at me" people who want to appear holier than thou group.... these are the people who actualy throw a tempertantum with some one else actually have the nerve to take their seats one Sunday. I have actually witnessed one women get very upset and make visitors to the church move from her seat!!!! :24:

2 Some people like the front because there's less distraction

Then there are those who like the back for a couple of different reasons

1 Parents who need to leave early or need to go to the nursery without disturbing others, or who have small children (I fall under this catagory)

2 there are some (esoecially teenagers) who think they can goof off in the back

I don't think it matters where you sit, as long as your there to praise our God!!!! :24:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

My mom always had to sit in front so she could hear better, as she had somewhat of a hearing problem. Otherwise she probably would have sat in back. The upside to this was they were dismissed by rows, and the front rows went first.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  437
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  05/20/1979

I was struck by a comment on a blog about a group of Christians who went to a 10K strong JW convention to evangelise, but mostly got booted out. Anyway one guy headed for the back row as he stated that in every religion the undecided and less dedicated sat there.

This surprised me as i also had sat often in the back of church, esp if in a church i had little previous knowledge of. I also thought back to those i knew who always sat at the back, and saw that i did not know of their boldness in Christ.

This is not a critism of those who sit at the back, but an obsevation and wake up call to myself to check my heart at the door maybe. :swordfightsmiles:

I sat at the back of the church as I am comfortable there. I love praising & dancing at the back, and I dnt like to be the center of attention. (dnt take it wrong, plz). but that's who I am.

lv

lomi