• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

You missed Glenn Beck with a lawyer who would disagree with you...

He being the lawyer...

I will try to find a video...

I find Glenn Beck to be consistently the most absurd man on Television. You can find a lawyer to up and say anything, it doesn't make them credible. If you think that kids can be taken from their home simply because they were grounded or don't like going to church, then find an example of this happening. You have to be an absolutely wretched parent to get your kids taken away. When I did CASA work, you would not believe the absolutely worthless parents that still were able to keep their kids. The courts have always removed kids from a home as an absolute last resort. Parents can be drunks, drug addicts, dead beats, petty criminals, and just total lowlifes and still keep their kids.

Yes, there are allot of worthless parents, but where would the State put them all, and who would pay for their care, and who would stand to accept responsibility for any abuse at the hands of the State??

It is clear that the only real reason to remove a child is physical abuse or malignant neglect and then it most likely is a neighbor who reports it. The State is just not able to raise all the children that have imperfect parents so the courts only course of action is that of last resort.

State of Ohio, In a situation of a divorced couple, at age 12 a child can petition the court to live with either parent and needs only to want to do it. Legal counsel confirmed it and I saw it happen. Not too much of a stretch to have this situation blossom into what has been discussed, especially if the State can avoid paying for it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I do not have time to try to investigate this ..late..dishes...up early..

But I will try....

I really like Glenn Beck's program... and I hope I am not misinterpreting it...

and I had a tiring weekend and may not have the correct memories of the program but when get time I will look into so I am not confused...

If anyone else watched please feel free to add your thoughts.... of what I may have misinterpreted... :emot-pray:

I saw that show too, and it was downright scary. And Beck myst be doing something right -- in the short time he's been on Fox, he's already in the #2 spot. And Foxs' overall ratings are more than CNN and MSNBC combined. I guess that's why the libs are so intent on the "fairness doctrine".

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

this is clearly a bill mandating how parents shall raise their children. i see a lot wrong with that.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

We make laws and systems which may or may not work or partially work.There are carers but never enough etcetc.It is endless.

Many children suffer and many dont.Our duty is to take care of them,love them and teach them the correct way.No laws or system can do this properly.We must.

Every child is God himself and every child's tear is Jesus tear.Any abuse to a child is abuse to God.

Blessings

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.59

Yes, there are allot of worthless parents, but where would the State put them all, and who would pay for their care, and who would stand to accept responsibility for any abuse at the hands of the State??

It is clear that the only real reason to remove a child is physical abuse or malignant neglect and then it most likely is a neighbor who reports it. The State is just not able to raise all the children that have imperfect parents so the courts only course of action is that of last resort.

State of Ohio, In a situation of a divorced couple, at age 12 a child can petition the court to live with either parent and needs only to want to do it. Legal counsel confirmed it and I saw it happen. Not too much of a stretch to have this situation blossom into what has been discussed, especially if the State can avoid paying for it.

I don't disagree with that at all. Thats why kids are not removed from the homes of their parents simply because "they don't like going to church" or where grounded. The state children services does not even have the resources it needs to help genuinely abused and neglected children.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.59

It's funny that anyone who disagrees with your positions are not credible, or are stupid, or are just a worthless human being.

How much time does a CASA worker spend with each foster child, on average? I was a licensed foster parent in Buchanan county for over 10 years, and have had more than 20 foster children in that time. I adopted two of them, so I know a little bit about the system. Your post above is a gross mis-characterization of the foster care system. The foster care system is not some well-oiled machine that treats every single case the same. The system is run in an arbitrary fashion. Whether a child gets jerked from the home is much less a matter as to whether they are being abused or not, it's more a matter of who complained, which caseworker gets the case, and what the parents are like. I've seen horrible parents who should have had their kids jerked from the get-go, and they never were, the parents could have done basically anything they wanted, and it wouldn't have mattered. We had one teenage girl that was in our home because, (she said) her father had molested her. Except when she was out of the house for a few days, she recanted and said she'd made the whole thing up because she was mad at her father because he wouldn't let her go to a party. They wouldn't send her back home. She never went back home. Our first set of children we had went back home after a few months to the same situation they'd left, and the youngest one was given a cigarette lighter to play with, by the mother, and he burnt their apartment down. In the 10 years I was a foster parent, I saw a CASA worker once and he was in our home about 10 minutes. The CASA worker doesn't spend 24-7 with these children. Some of them should have been pulled, some of them should have been left where they were. To hear you talk, every single parent that is accused of abuse should lose their children, and that is 100% false. The system is not nearly as fine-tuned or well-managed as you portray it to be.

I never stated that every parent accused of abuse should have their kids taken. I am just pointing out that its absurd to think that people get their kids taken away simply because their kids don't want to go to church or don't like being grounded. Child protective services are almost consistently understaffed and underfunded. As we have adopted once and are adopting again now, I know something about dealing with social workers and adoption agencies as well and was just pointing out that some of these fears were unfounded. Also, I was not describing the foster care system anyway, but rather what it takes to be adjudicated Dependent / Neglect.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Fresh out of college - I worked in the Family Services System. It was under-funded, understaffed and a mess in the 1970's - I'm fairly certain it hasn't improved in it's ability to efficiently and effectively look after the interests of at risk children. I have never been more frustrated and angry at something that so completely failed children.

• Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Only God can fix it.. and it is a broken system..

but they will not let Him....

God puts parents as responsible for children...

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Only God can fix it.. and it is a broken system..

but they will not let Him....

God puts parents as responsible for children...

However there are 2 maybe even 3 generations of "Parents" who did not get the message... thus... we have a huge mess and a lot of really damaged individuals - who, essentially are Godless.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:laugh: Cobalt!