IGNORED

Ancient Bible fragment found in Egypt.....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Blessings,

Sometimes I am a skeptic, and this is one of those times. The story portrays this to be "the world's oldest Bible." What about the Dead Sea Scrolls? The picture shows what I assume to be written "scripture", but the article, as far as I could tell, does not mention or translate what the scripture says except for admonishing Israel. Sounds like today's headlines and I see a political agenda and timing behind this story.

Not saying this is not an authentic find, but I question it being what the writer's describe as the world's oldest Bible, not knowing who authored it and what is written in it :thumbsup: and of course, its resting place.

From reading in between the lines, it kinda looks like to me the catholic church with the help of the British are again trying to sabotage biblical Christianity. This isn't the first time and it won't be the last until Christ comes again.

Nikki

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Blessings,

Sometimes I am a skeptic, and this is one of those times. The story portrays this to be "the world's oldest Bible." What about the Dead Sea Scrolls? The picture shows what I assume to be written "scripture", but the article, as far as I could tell, does not mention or translate what the scripture says except for admonishing Israel. Sounds like today's headlines and I see a political agenda and timing behind this story.

Not saying this is not an authentic find, but I question it being what the writer's describe as the world's oldest Bible, not knowing who authored it and what is written in it :thumbsup: and of course, its resting place.

From reading in between the lines, it kinda looks like to me the catholic church with the help of the British are again trying to sabotage biblical Christianity. This isn't the first time and it won't be the last until Christ comes again.

Nikki

The Catholic church? The British? What are you talking about? How would finding an extremely old section of Bibical text sabotage Christianity? :thumbsup:

Blessings,

Nikki

The Catholic church? The British? What are you talking about? How would finding an extremely old section of Bibical text sabotage Christianity? :thumbsup:

Only a quarter of the fragment is visible through the book binding but after closer inspection, Father Justin was able to confirm that a previously unseen section of the Codex had indeed been found. The fragment is believed to be the beginning of Joshua, Chapter 1, Verse 10, in which Joshua admonishes the children of Israel as they enter the promised land.

Hi Morning Glory,

Without going into a detailed analysis and explanation, all one needs to do is a brief study of the Roman catholic church, it's popes and it's relationship to Israel and Christianity to see the hand writing on the wall, but this would make for an entire new thread. :thumbsup: Suffice to say I don't believe what has been written in this story.

Blessings,

Nikki

Edited by nikki1

Blessings,

Nikki

Only a quarter of the fragment is visible through the book binding but after closer inspection, Father Justin was able to confirm that a previously unseen section of the Codex had indeed been found. The fragment is believed to be the beginning of Joshua, Chapter 1, Verse 10, in which Joshua admonishes the children of Israel as they enter the promised land.

Hi Morning Glory,

Without going into a detailed analysis and explanation, all one needs to do is a brief study of the Roman catholic church, it's popes and it's relationship to Israel and Christianity to see the hand writing on the wall, but this would make for an entire new thread. :thumbsup: Suffice to say I don't believe what has been written in this story.

Blessings,

Nikki

O-kay....... :wub:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Blessings,

Nikki

The Catholic church? The British? What are you talking about? How would finding an extremely old section of Bibical text sabotage Christianity? :wub:

Hi Morning Glory,

Blessings,

Nikki

O-kay....... :P

Yeah, MG - you should be able to do a brief study of a thousand or so years in a few short google seconds.... what's up with you today? :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

There are many things we have yet to discover and other that have been discovered but not revealed yet. We all have come to know God in our everyday lives .Manuscript,stone engravings are important but more importantly is Him living in us.

Blessings

There are many things we have yet to discover and other that have been discovered but not revealed yet. We all have come to know God in our everyday lives .Manuscript,stone engravings are important but more importantly is Him living in us.

Blessings

:thumbsup:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Blessings,

Not saying this is not an authentic find, but I question it being what the writer's describe as the world's oldest Bible, not knowing who authored it and what is written in it :noidea: and of course, its resting place.

Nikki

Nikki, have a look at my post #6 on this thread, and then have a look at the link. This bible has been studied for decades, by people all over the world. It has taken years to transcribe and translate. The originals that have been found are on display in a few museums. The text is very similar to the bible scriptures we read today, taking into context the age of the writing, and the translation dificulties.

This is an original and accurate document, and is a tremedous find that only go's to reinforce that the Lord's word is true, pure and timeless.

Take a few minutes to go to the link. It is facinating stuff, and it is of God.

Blessings,

Not saying this is not an authentic find, but I question it being what the writer's describe as the world's oldest Bible, not knowing who authored it and what is written in it :rolleyes: and of course, its resting place.

Nikki

Nikki, have a look at my post #6 on this thread, and then have a look at the link. This bible has been studied for decades, by people all over the world. It has taken years to transcribe and translate. The originals that have been found are on display in a few museums. The text is very similar to the bible scriptures we read today, taking into context the age of the writing, and the translation dificulties.

This is an original and accurate document, and is a tremedous find that only go's to reinforce that the Lord's word is true, pure and timeless.

Take a few minutes to go to the link. It is facinating stuff, and it is of God.

Blessings, Fez

It is well known that the catholic Bible has some books in it that the Christian Bible does not include in their Bible. The catholic church simply picked out some writings and decided that they wanted them put into the Bible, but were never recognized by the Jews in Old Testament times as part of the Word of God. I briefly checked out the Codex Sinaiticus that you posted, and I have a major problem with it; that being it includes the apocryphal, the additional books of the Bible that the catholic church has incorporated into the catholic Bible, whose authorship is considered questionable for authenticity, and erroneous.

From your link Codex Sinaiticus

The Greek Septuagint in the Codex includes books not found in the Hebrew Bible and regarded in the Protestant tradition as apocryphal, such as 2 Esdras, Tobit, Judith, 1 & 4 Maccabees, Wisdom and Sirach

They are clearly not divinely inspired and that is the reason the Christian Bible excludes these additional books called the apocryphal.In fact,before the famous Roman Council of Trent met to deal with the crisis of protestantism, these additional books were never regarded as part of the Bible by many many people.

The Holy Scriptures has and always will be a Book written by God through His Hebrew prophets and Hebrew writers and the Scriptures to be specifically cannonized as inspired Scripture of the Bible was done by the Jews, and not the Roman Catholic Church.

Please don't think I am bashing catholics, nor am I saying that no catholic is a "real" Christian,because I am not.

Nikki

Edited by nikki1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Hi Fez,

This is an interesting site compiled and written by Felix Just, PhD. He's actually broken down the differences in the Hebrew, Protestant, Orthodox and Catholic Bibles. It details why they are different and also how they are alike. I like to look at Dr. Just' work - he's an expert in languages and his work on researching differences in the Bible are very interesting.

* The foundational texts are different:

o Jewish Bibles are based on the HB;

o the OT section in Christian Bibles is arranged according to the order of books in the "Septuagint" (LXX), the ancient Greek version of the Jewish scriptures;

o however, the translations of individual OT books in Christian Bibles are now usually based on the texts of the HB.

* The total number of biblical books is different:

o Jews count 24, Protestants 39, Catholics 46, Orthodox Christians up to 53;

o certain books of the HB are subdivided in the LXX; e.g., "The Twelve" minor prophets are considered one book in the HB, while the LXX and Christian Bibles count these as twelve separate books;

o the LXX contains several additional books not found in the HB; Orthodox and Catholic Christians regard these additional books as part of the OT canon (calling them the "Deuterocanonical Books"), while Jews and most Protestant Christians do not (calling them the "Apocrypha").

* The arrangement of the categories of books is different:

o e.g. the "Latter Prophets" come before the "Writings" in the HB, but all the "Prophets" come after the "Wisdom" literature in the Christian OT.

the order of the "Prophets" is also different between the LXX and the Catholic and Protestant OT.

* The titles of some of the books are different:

o e.g. "Samuel" of the HB is split up into "1 Kingdoms" and "2 Kingdoms" in the LXX, which are renamed "1 Samuel" and "2 Samuel" in most Christian Bibles.

* The categorization of some books is different:

o e.g. several of the books categorized as "Writings" in the HB are placed among the "Historical Books" or the "Prophets" in LXX and the Christian OT; the displacements of Ruth and Esther, Ezra-Nehemiah and Chronicles (1&2), and Lamentations and Daniel are indicated with highlighted colors in the chart below.

Sometimes looking at research data is better than depending on a well-meaning person who may not be aware of the studied data. Blessings Brother Fez!!!