JCMS

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

No God did not make a mistake, Adam did. God did not want Adam to sin, that was his perfect will. And yes it does sound like the dog with the bone, I'm not claiming that God made a mistake or didn't have foreknowledge of the fall. Try a little kindness. No doubt ye are the people (Job - Holy Bible). Consider my comments over, as no doubt "ye are the people".

I agree: God foreknew Adam's mistake, so that He didn't have to change plans when Adam's fall happened, rather, it was already inbuilt into plan A. While God's holy desire is that man not sin, God's will is that the sin of man be atoned for by Christ's sacrifice. I don't see these two as competing ideas.

Where have I been unkind? Simply disagreeing with your point of view doesn't make me unkind.

What do you mean by "ye are the people"? Can you quote the scripture so I can put it in context?

Blessings,

Andy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

His only reason for everything He does is Love.

1 Corinthians 13:13

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

:thumbsup:

Rom 5:8 (MKJV) But God commends His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Very good scripture quote, thank you for that. :)

And I think, more than anything, that I should just take his Word for what it is, and quit trying to "decode" it. I know, that in the end, His will and His plan are perfect, and are set in stone for a reason. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Hi all! I was studying my Bible last night and was back at the beginning going over Genesis, and a question came to my mind that I couldn't find an answer for. Hopefully others can maybe point me in the right direction to an answer. :thumbsup:

Genesis 2:17 states:

"But you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will certainly die."

Why was this particular tree planted? Did the Lord know that Adam would be tempted to eat from it?

Jeremiah 1:15 states:

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

Since Adam and Eve did not come from a womb, but Adam from dust, and Eve from the rib of man, does this verse still go for Adam and Eve as well?

And if so, doesn't that mean that the Lord knew them, and knew they would be tempted by the tree of knowledge of good and evil? If this is the case, is there any indication in the Bible of why it was planted originally? I find the planting of this particular tree very interesting because of the events in mankind that followed because of Adam and Eve eating from this particular tree.

Thanks in advance! :)

That is an interesting question. While not a lot of people I know agree with me, I do believe the reason goes like this.

Lucifer/Satan has wronged the Father in his rebellion. The Father is a just loving God and it would not be proper for him directly to judge those who had rebelled against him. Though he does have the power and authority to do so, it's not like him to do that.

So, as Paul states, we, the saints will judge the angels. Well it would not be proper for God to make and set up the Jury that will be judging those who rebelled against him, so he created mankind and let Satan himself give mankind the very knowledge it takes to know good from evil. God has made available the proper tool to take care of the bad angel problem and the rest of creation can feel relieved that it's Creator is a just God that can be trusted for everything.

Satan gave us the knowledge and Jesus gave us the way....... and he (Jesus) will pick the saints and we will judge the angels..... and thus will begin an eternity that we really can't comprehend the scope of.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Hi all! I was studying my Bible last night and was back at the beginning going over Genesis, and a question came to my mind that I couldn't find an answer for. Hopefully others can maybe point me in the right direction to an answer. :thumbsup:

Genesis 2:17 states:

"But you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will certainly die."

Why was this particular tree planted? Did the Lord know that Adam would be tempted to eat from it?

Jeremiah 1:15 states:

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

Since Adam and Eve did not come from a womb, but Adam from dust, and Eve from the rib of man, does this verse still go for Adam and Eve as well?

And if so, doesn't that mean that the Lord knew them, and knew they would be tempted by the tree of knowledge of good and evil? If this is the case, is there any indication in the Bible of why it was planted originally? I find the planting of this particular tree very interesting because of the events in mankind that followed because of Adam and Eve eating from this particular tree.

Thanks in advance! :)

That is an interesting question. While not a lot of people I know agree with me, I do believe the reason goes like this.

Lucifer/Satan has wronged the Father in his rebellion. The Father is a just loving God and it would not be proper for him directly to judge those who had rebelled against him. Though he does have the power and authority to do so, it's not like him to do that.

So, as Paul states, we, the saints will judge the angels. Well it would not be proper for God to make and set up the Jury that will be judging those who rebelled against him, so he created mankind and let Satan himself give mankind the very knowledge it takes to know good from evil. God has made available the proper tool to take care of the bad angel problem and the rest of creation can feel relieved that it's Creator is a just God that can be trusted for everything.

Satan gave us the knowledge and Jesus gave us the way....... and he (Jesus) will pick the saints and we will judge the angels..... and thus will begin an eternity that we really can't comprehend the scope of.

You forget one thing. All this is Gods plan. Those who judge the angles are acting according to His will. IF we are judging according to His will, are we not just an extension of Him?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

About the tree in the Garden. I do not believe it was a literal tree. I believe that it was a way of life and that way would lead to the down fall of mankind. I believe this to be a symbolic tree, a spiritual tree. When Satan entered the picture they had two ways to choose from. Gods way or Satan's way. That tree, I believe represented Satan's way.

Ledrex:

How is it that you come to this conclusion when scripture speaks clearly of it being a tree? Were the rest of the trees mentioned figurative also?

Genesis 2:15-17

Then the LORD God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it. And the LORD God commanded the man, saying,

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Yeah the fall has always interested me from another aspect, I do not suggest that I have the answers. If one believes in predestination, the issue becomes even more clouded.

If God's predestination is absolute, and why should it not be as He is sovereign? Then it could be argued that He knew satan would rebel and be cast out, he knew Eve would be tempted, and He knew Adam and Eve would fall. He therefore knew that original sin would exist (or in His case, because He knows all, that it already existed before Adam and Eve were created). He predestined original sin?

For what reason I don't know, for who can know God's plan?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

No God did not make a mistake, Adam did. God did not want Adam to sin, that was his perfect will. And yes it does sound like the dog with the bone, I'm not claiming that God made a mistake or didn't have foreknowledge of the fall. Try a little kindness. No doubt ye are the people (Job - Holy Bible). Consider my comments over, as no doubt "ye are the people".

I agree: God foreknew Adam's mistake, so that He didn't have to change plans when Adam's fall happened, rather, it was already inbuilt into plan A. While God's holy desire is that man not sin, God's will is that the sin of man be atoned for by Christ's sacrifice. I don't see these two as competing ideas.

Where have I been unkind? Simply disagreeing with your point of view doesn't make me unkind.

What do you mean by "ye are the people"? Can you quote the scripture so I can put it in context?

Blessings,

Andy

Job 12:1 Then Job responded,

Blessings,

Andy

Job 12:1 Then Job responded,