nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

There are also literally hundreds (thousands maybe?) of muslim soldiers who have deployed to both Iraq and Afghanistan over the past 8 years or so who have conducted themselves honorably and served the US with distinction right along side everyone else.

Let's not lose sight of that fact while we continue to search for answers. :blink:

t.

I'm glad that somebody had the nerve to make this observation! :laugh:

I think Ted is thinking a little more clearly than some of us after this horrific rampage at Fort Hood. He's right; we have had many muslim soldiers in the military who did a fine job. But who knows which one is truly American and which is a closet islamist?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are also literally hundreds (thousands maybe?) of muslim soldiers who have deployed to both Iraq and Afghanistan over the past 8 years or so who have conducted themselves honorably and served the US with distinction right along side everyone else.

Let's not lose sight of that fact while we continue to search for answers. :blink:

t.

I think Ted is thinking a little more clearly than some of us after this horrific rampage at Fort Hood. He's right; we have had many muslim soldiers in the military who did a fine job. But who knows which one is truly American and which is a closet islamist?

and do we really want to take the risk of getting it wrong?

apparently someone took that risk, got it wrong, and 12 other soldiers and an unborn baby paid for it with their lives... and 30 other people paid dearly as well.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

t.

apparently someone took that risk, got it wrong, and 12 other soldiers and an unborn baby paid for it with their lives... and 30 other people paid dearly as well.

Yeah, that's the whole problem right there. Many of them are fine soldiers and good Americans but, again, why take the chance? Islamists are not like Quakers, J.W.s or Mormons, who are simply misguided....they're satan worshippers.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

While this situation was certainly a tragedy...people from all walks of life are capable of doing evil. This guy clearly had a mental breakdown and handled it in the worst way possible. This was a guy who had a good and respectable military career (he made it to the rank of Major)...was a proud US soldier for many years...and then suddenly 6 months ago something changed. Hopefully we will get some answers on that...and I'm curious just how much of a role this other soldier John Van de Walker played in that.

Yes...because otherwise you are talking about judging and punishing people even though they have committed no crime. That just doesn't sound like America to me.

six months ago he got out of school and was assigned to his first duty at walter reed hospital, if i'm not mistaken. he "made it to the rank of major" because of TIME, nothing else. as he progressed through his education, he qualified for each rank because of time served. kinda like how in college you move thru the ranks of freshman, sophomore, junior and senior. he never had any leadership position, and in fact never served in a military capacity at all. he was simply a student. he got assigned to his first duty six months ago and despite having banker's hours and a six figure income, was getting poor reviews because of his attitude.

so no, axxman, i don't think that he was a "proud US soldier" with a "respectable military career" for many years and then suddenly six months ago something changed. the only thing that changed six months ago is that he got out of school and had to start actually doing something besides cracking books.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Wow I am still really shocked that one shooter shot and killed 12 and wounded 30 with two handguns.

It's 13 dead now. :thumbsup:

The number for satan.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

This guy clearly had a mental breakdown

No, Axxman, that's not how it is. Sources close to the massacre tell a different story. Retired Maj. Gen. Robert Scales told Fox News the massacre did not appear to be the act of a mentally ill or extremely stressed person.

"This was a deliberate act of execution," he said.

Retired Col. Terry Lee, who said he worked with Hasan at Fort Hood, told Fox News the gunman believed Muslims should not be fighting Muslims.

At a conference, according to Lee, Hasan said Muslims should stand up and "fight against the aggressors."

Lee said that at first, he and his colleagues thought Hasan meant that Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan should join forces with the U.S.

But, based on other comments Hasan made, it became clear he was encouraging Muslims to resist U.S. forces, Lee said.

Hasan told colleagues the U.S. should not be in Iraq and Afghanistan, according to Lee, and he expressed happiness about the shooting of two soldiers by a Muslim convert outside an Arkansas recruiting center in June.

Hasan's comments were reported to Army command, Lee said, but the report fell "on deaf ears."

This man is a traitor to the United States of America and committed treason, but worse he executed many innocent courageous American soldiers, and he is not a victim of a breakdown as you are trying to make him.

Blessings,

Nikki

six months ago he got out of school and was assigned to his first duty at walter reed hospital, if i'm not mistaken. he "made it to the rank of major" because of TIME, nothing else. as he progressed through his education, he qualified for each rank because of time served. kinda like how in college you move thru the ranks of freshman, sophomore, junior and senior. he never had any leadership position, and in fact never served in a military capacity at all. he was simply a student. he got assigned to his first duty six months ago and despite having banker's hours and a six figure income, was getting poor reviews because of his attitude.

so no, axxman, i don't think that he was a "proud US soldier" with a "respectable military career" for many years and then suddenly six months ago something changed. the only thing that changed six months ago is that he got out of school and had to start actually doing something besides cracking books.

Yeah...it doesn't really work like that. And he graduated from school a lot longer than 6 months ago. He was an enlisted soldier for 8 years..which is way different than the Commissioned status. Its not like they make you a General if you hang out long enough. Also, topped out pay for an O-4 is about $65k...not the "six-figure income" that you pulled out of a fictional hat. However, continuing education is a must for all commissioned personel, and he did that along with performing his duties. He apparently did get a (singular) poor work review...but again that was within the last six months. I can't help but wonder about this guy who was arrested two weeks ago for harassing and doing $1000 worth of damage to Hasan's car because he was a muslim. Maybe that was the straw.... :thumbsup: